Black Relationships : ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES

In my reality, I can.

Black on black crime "Myth" ?????!!!!??!?! You have GOT to be KIDDING ME!!!

Have you spent any time in an ER in....say.....New Orleans, Houston, NY, LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Memphis, Birmingham etc. etc. etc

Have you talked to any medical professionals who work in an ER???

I am interested in protecting the image of the Black man in one way...to change the reality that I see EVERY DAY! I am not interested in sweeping NOTHING under the rug.

Medical schools send doctors to "High volume" ER's such as New Orleans where they can see two to three Gun Shot Wounds (GSW) each DAY. We mostly hear about the fatalities, but black on black crime includes the THOUSANDS of shootings that do not result in fatalities.

once again you are misinterpeting my stance....I never "denied" that black on black crime doesn't happen, I even said that we need to address the issue....I simply stated that it is a "myth" to paint the picture that Black people kill each other more than any other group of people.....in actuality you are more likely to kill someone from the same racial background, no matter if you are Black, White, Brown Latino, etc....

I am dealing with the reality that is all around you and I. As I stated, "I have no doubt you know SEVERAL people close to you whose fathers are not involved in their DAILY life."

My "limited circumstances" are common in the Black community throughout this country. My family and I were visiting in Lake Charles, La and a kid comes up to my 12 year old son and asked if I was his father, he then said something to the effect of "Your daddy LIVES with you?" My son was perplexed, he has known nothing else. He came to me and asked what was that all about? I told him that in that young boys environment, it is not common...infact it is very uncommon for a young boy to live under the same roof as his father.

Now, be honest, of all the young black boys that you know, what percentage of them have a father who is involved in their DAILY LIVES? What percentage of them live under the same roof as their father? Just "guesstimate", be honest now.

Stepping up doesn't mean sending the court ordered child support payment every 3 or 4 months before the man decides to come pick you up. It means daily nurturing, helping with home work, talking about the birds and the bees, instilling work ethics, teaching them the difference between wants and needs, disipline, teaching them how to throw a football, catch a grounder, teaching them about God and instilling into them the ability to think for themselves and to defend their beliefs and values, encouraging them to reach their potential in every area of life, etc. etc. etc.

What percentage of the young black boys you know have this?

The data doesnt agree with you. Maybe you are in need of a new pair of spec.s
:em2300:

once again you are misinterpeting my stance....I never "denied" that black on black crime doesn't happen, I even said that we need to address the issue....I simply stated that it is a "myth" to paint the picture that Black people kill each other more than any other group of people.....in actuality you are more likely to kill someone from the same racial background, no matter if you are Black, White, Brown Latino, etc....

Obviously, murder is more likely to occur within the same racial group, but we do kill each other MORE than other races kill each other.

I did not misinterpet your stance, you are simply wrong. In America, Black people DO kill each other MORE than any other group of people. To deny this fact is a feeble attempt to protect the image of Black men by sweeping what is in plain site under the rug. We simply need to do something about these issues rather than attempt to sweep them under the rug.

The racial make up of Chicago is 42% White, 38% Black. Now, go spend a few days in one of the trauma centers in that city and tell me if 42% of the GSW's that come into the ER are White. Tell me then that we kill each other at the same rate as other races.

Wake up and face the reality. We can't solve our problems by pretending they don't exist.

The data doesnt agree with you. Maybe you are in need of a new pair of spec.s
:em2300:

I am not interested in "the data". I am interested in "The Truth".

You did not answer my questions. Could this be because you would have to open your eyes to the reality around you and acknowledge that your "data" does not agree with the TRUTH?

[/QUOTE]

I am not interested in "the data". I am interested in "The Truth".

You did not answer my questions. Could this be because you would have to open your eyes to the reality around you and acknowledge that your "data" does not agree with the TRUTH?
[/SIZE][/B]
[/QUOTE]

:fyi:

Ok then. The truth doesnt agree with YOU!

I published this because it agrees with what I know. I am a member of the "Fathers fo Equal Rights". There are hundreds of thousands of us nation wide. Your views are biased and may border on misandry.

BM have always been there in spite of intense odds to kep us away. Maybe you were in the way.

Maybe you just chose the wrong guy. But the facts are the facts. BM have always stepped up!

Deal with it

:em0200:

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back