Black Relationships : ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES

No need to apologize, Bro. ogoun. No one should run away from a "healthy" debate but when the discussion breaks down into responses that subject readers to the "BS" flag and what appears as personal attacks, it just seems that civil conversation has come to an end--at least on the topic. However, feel free to continue the dialogue and when you're ready, please join others of us in the next thread. Good luck!
Actually Queenie for me it's less about debate than an exploration of the range/s of a given thought thrown out for discussion. It gives me a chance for an interogation of my own thoughts and feelings as well hopefully gaining insight into other realms I perhaps would have never found otherwise if not for another's thoughts for me to explore on the matter and vice versa. Debate is rarely on my radar screen no matter how I come across in my generally rather stilted abbreviated language skills, zero sum games don't really do much for me. I much prefer surprises and epiphanies to a paint by number canvas kit with it's lines defined and truncated end.

Actually Queenie for me it's less about debate than an exploration of the range/s of a given thought thrown out for discussion. It gives me a chance for an interogation of my own thoughts and feelings as well hopefully gaining insight into other realms I perhaps would have never found otherwise if not for another's thoughts for me to explore on the matter and vice versa. Debate is rarely on my radar screen no matter how I come across in my generally rather stilted abbreviated language skills, zero sum games don't really do much for me. I much prefer surprises and epiphanies to a paint by number canvas kit with it's lines defined and truncated end.
Debate--poor choice of words. I understand your point.

I love the fact that some among us, including you, no matter how rooted we might be in our own opinions, are curious enough about what others think, to ask questions. As Black people, our tribal affiliations today are thinly connected at best, nonexistent at worst. And just because we look alike, we know very well, the desegregation of our community resulting in our physical separation and daily indoctrination by a domineering culture, causes us to no longer think alike. So it's important to ask each other questions when we hear or read a comment that sounds foreign to us. Mind control is a powerful thing.

I applaud you for being an independent thinker. I call it free thinking, which is a concept. Reading your "testimony" gave me reason to pause, because it made me think of Carter G. Woodson's book, "The Mis-Education of the Negro," and its impact on my Black people.

“If you can control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his action. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do. If you make a man feel that he is inferior, you do not have to compel him to accept an inferior status, for he will seek it himself. If you make a man think that he is justly an outcast, you do not have to order him to the back door. He will go without being told; and if there is no back door, his very nature will demand one.”
― Carter Godwin Woodson, The Mis-Education of the Negro

Peace and solidarity

Perhaps because of the way my early life came to pass I've always felt the Black family as the communal enclaves we inhabited and largely had to ourselves through out America. We were always less of a bunch of singular lone households than but just one big family. Back when the push came for integration I had misgivings of what it would lead to as I for one was never sold on the American dream thing anyways dating from a very early childhood age. Now though looking in the rear view I see the 'White Gaze' has finally done what they've been trying but failing to do for the last 400 hundred years. ( or at least that is what I fear )
About fifty years ago W.E.B. Du Bois fingered what America is and what being an American was about, quote;
“Perhaps the most extraordinary characteristic of current America is the attempt to reduce life to buying and selling. Life is not love unless love is sex and bought and sold. Life is not knowledge save knowledge of technique, of science for destruction. Life is not beauty except beauty for sale. Life is not art unless its price is high and it is sold for profit. All life is production for profit, and for what is profit but for buying and selling again?”
― W.E.B. Du Bois, The Autobiography of W.E.B. Du Bois: A Soliloquy on Viewing My Life from the Last Decade of Its First Century

About a thirty years later here is Toni Morrison expanding on that thought as well as questioning what 'education' is and like many in the educational field hoping/working for much much more;

PS.
Mods, I promise that is the last time I'll post that vid.

ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back