Black Relationships : ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES

Kinda loss me there James,
I don't remember anyone in this thread that has denied that fact.
those who say that black men are not present ignore and deny the factors as to why.
denial of the system of white supremacy destruction of the black family structure is racist in itself.

That's what has been bothering me since I came upon this thread James.
The first post denies the existence of our missing brothers and sisters in the community. Most of the posts there after mentions them but don't talk of the why's. You and Queenie and I are the only ones to bring the systematic institutional racism to the fore.
Why that?

Many of us have been successfully distracted from knowing our truth. A lot rely on someone else's point of view when they broadcast their numbers that try to explain who we are as Black people through their data sets.

Quite often, these are people who are not like us and who have also been programmed over time to repeat the messaging and fulfill the oppressors agenda. Sadly, when the data begins to sink in, many of us also live out the lies because we do the work of the oppressor by trying to convince others like us that is who we are in reality.

Once programmed, it's hard to break the chains wrapped around our minds. We hear the lies repeated, over and over again, generation after generation and suddenly it seems natural to accept things that are not flattering about us as our truth.

Only those among us who never forget the goal of the so-called "elite" and privileged who take the position of their predecessors to be the ruling class over Black people, know the truth and teach it to their children, and their children teach it to their children. But it gets increasingly difficult to convince those who are sparkly-eyed over the shiny toys, spicy drink, and seductive nature of the white man's culture.

I hope those of us who "see", aren't a dying class where the history of our people will forever be changed to reflect the lies, erasing our greatness and relegated to slave status. Like the Black dynasties of our past, we must find a way to archive our history til the end of time. Better, we must continue to fight to change our destiny such that we will rise again to the level where we deserve to be. I believe the more we MIX our blood with the blood of our oppressors it will wash away our memories of who we are forever and the beauty of our melanin will be lost. We can see that happening now in mixed race people.

That's fair enough.
So the writer of the OP was upset because Obama did yet another version of the the old pull yourself by your boot straps trope? And in being so upset voiced that displeasure with some sorry meme about we better than all others, besides any failings have to do with them low down whiman not mememememe.
While trying to find the relevant Obama speech I ran across an OP-ED piece I thought as a response put to pen many more on the money lucid points than the original #1 post (meme) of this thread.

I'll repeat one of my earlier posts;
it takes a village to raise a child.

:bs: We're better than they have ever given us credit for.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back