Black Relationships : ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
So the point is:
"The point of this thread is to point out that even they had to acknowledge we are the best"

That statement on it's own is almost a textbook example of defining oneself through the eyes of another.
Now that that's settled would you like to go back and see how you've thrown our sisters under the bus in your little scree against them in the OP.
Sorry Queenie,
there are more than one or two issues rised in this thread I can't nor think others should just let go unexamined.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Sorry Queenie,
there are more than one or two issues rised in this thread I can't nor think others should just let go unexamined.
Start your own thread

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
No need to apologize, Bro. ogoun. No one should run away from a "healthy" debate but when the discussion breaks down into responses that subject readers to the "BS" flag and what appears as personal attacks, it just seems that civil conversation has come to an end--at least on the topic. However, feel free to continue the dialogue and when you're ready, please join others of us in the next thread. Good luck!

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
No need to apologize, Bro. ogoun. No one should run away from a "healthy" debate but when the discussion breaks down into responses that subject readers to the "BS" flag and what appears as personal attacks, it just seems that civil conversation has come to an end--at least on the topic. However, feel free to continue the dialogue and when you're ready, please join others of us in the next thread. Good luck!
Actually Queenie for me it's less about debate than an exploration of the range/s of a given thought thrown out for discussion. It gives me a chance for an interogation of my own thoughts and feelings as well hopefully gaining insight into other realms I perhaps would have never found otherwise if not for another's thoughts for me to explore on the matter and vice versa. Debate is rarely on my radar screen no matter how I come across in my generally rather stilted abbreviated language skills, zero sum games don't really do much for me. I much prefer surprises and epiphanies to a paint by number canvas kit with it's lines defined and truncated end.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Actually Queenie for me it's less about debate than an exploration of the range/s of a given thought thrown out for discussion. It gives me a chance for an interogation of my own thoughts and feelings as well hopefully gaining insight into other realms I perhaps would have never found otherwise if not for another's thoughts for me to explore on the matter and vice versa. Debate is rarely on my radar screen no matter how I come across in my generally rather stilted abbreviated language skills, zero sum games don't really do much for me. I much prefer surprises and epiphanies to a paint by number canvas kit with it's lines defined and truncated end.
Debate--poor choice of words. I understand your point.

I love the fact that some among us, including you, no matter how rooted we might be in our own opinions, are curious enough about what others think, to ask questions. As Black people, our tribal affiliations today are thinly connected at best, nonexistent at worst. And just because we look alike, we know very well, the desegregation of our community resulting in our physical separation and daily indoctrination by a domineering culture, causes us to no longer think alike. So it's important to ask each other questions when we hear or read a comment that sounds foreign to us. Mind control is a powerful thing.

I applaud you for being an independent thinker. I call it free thinking, which is a concept. Reading your "testimony" gave me reason to pause, because it made me think of Carter G. Woodson's book, "The Mis-Education of the Negro," and its impact on my Black people.

“If you can control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his action. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do. If you make a man feel that he is inferior, you do not have to compel him to accept an inferior status, for he will seek it himself. If you make a man think that he is justly an outcast, you do not have to order him to the back door. He will go without being told; and if there is no back door, his very nature will demand one.”
― Carter Godwin Woodson, The Mis-Education of the Negro

Peace and solidarity

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.