Black Relationships : ADDRESSING THE MYTH OF FATHERLESS HOMES

SwagII

May 26, 2019
where is your solution ????
Actually, there never will be a solution, etc., in many ways such ideas and or suggestions, are basically wishful thinking, ran alone those lines of "Hope" etc. Things will only change when "people change their own behavior", nothing collectively has ever came about, etc. One can offer ideas and or solutions, etc. Still the change must come from the people's desire to find workable solutions, etc. Such behaviors have long became the norm within our many neighborhoods & Communities, etc. we all view them every day, etc. In truth, life is the way it is, and it will continue regardless of the many discussions we continue to have here, etc.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
That's may be a comforting romantic ideal that helps you sleep at night. But it isn't true Brother. Look up the census data for that period
There were no wine and roses during the Jim Crow days. And it was just as hard on the family life as it was on the Black community at large. No one is refuting that. I said, the oow birth rate was well below the national average. Thus, the associated family disfunction was as well In as much as the core of the Black community came through it all had everything to do with the effort our women worked at to hold it together and from my experience the men did little to contribute. :bs:
Don't try to romanticize what that period of history was. That kind of wishful thinking only drains those eras of any true meaning. My statements stand

So you the product of a stable two parent house hold are you? How is it you never learned no manners? Or don't they have a need to teach manners they being so stable and all.
Where do you come off calling my life experiences b******t? I don't need no b-12 to remember the day you would have eaten that flag and taken the flagpole home with carefully placed small steps and a very straight back you say that to my face.
Wish I could have seen those data sets when I was 14 years old on the street and homeless. I could've used the laugh. I could have passed it around in the places that would give me shelter every now and then, they could've used the comic relief as well. Ahem, that is until someone decided that they needed something for toilet paper.
Which when you think about it is all those stats is really worth.
So you define yourself by data points and statistics. That how you live your life? by data points. Sounds like a shallow existence to me, yeh just about as deep as the paper it's printed on is thick.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
So you the product of a stable two parent house hold are you? How is it you never learned no manners? Or don't they have a need to teach manners they being so stable and all.
Where do you come off calling my life experiences b******t? I don't need no b-12 to remember the day you would have eaten that flag and taken the flagpole home with carefully placed small steps and a very straight back you say that to my face.
Wish I could have seen those data sets when I was 14 years old on the street and homeless. I could've used the laugh. I could have passed it around in the places that would give me shelter every now and then, they could've used the comic relief as well. Ahem, that is until someone decided that they needed something for toilet paper.
So you define yourself by data points and statistics. That how you live your life? by data points. Sounds like a shallow existence to me, yeh just about as deep as the paper it's printed on is thick.
sorry u went through that. glad u made it out.

don't let what kemetstry say bother you.

i think he can only see one way and that is it.
he is locked into a point of view that makes him feel comfortable. he cannot change.

peace

Last edited:

SwagII

May 26, 2019
Out of all that's been and being said here , noting will change out in the real world, on the streets, in the many hoods, etc., regarding this subject matter, etc. Only the individuals directly involved can actually change what is being discussed here in a message board in cyberspace. etc. This is just opinionated folks saying what they think, etc. Which they are entitled to have their own opinions regarding such black social matters, etc. But if one is expected to solve such issues, etc. they are going to have to take it to and or get directly involved in the streets, etc. later...

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Sorry you went thru that

Glad you survived

But this isn't personal. There are always exceptions. But the data is what it is.

For the record, you are not the only person from a single parent home. Or that was homeless thru one of our recessions. I have been on both sides as well. Which is why I'm quite familiar with the data. Which is why I can say what I say

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
sorry u went through that. glad u made it out.

don't let what kemetstry say bother you.

i think he can only see one way and that is it.
he is locked into a point of view that makes him feel comfortable. he cannot change.

peace
Thanx Brother,
There are worse story endings from those days than mine I'm sure.
I realize I was one of the lucky ones.

Nah, I ain't going to be crashing and burning because someone tries to hide behind nothing but sheets of paper.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly