Black People : Address or not address Conflict?

MsLioness

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 31, 2012
To address conflict or not address it is the question. When faced with conflict, do you like to address it with the individual and then move forward or do you prefer to sweep it under the rug and then move forward? If you're one of those individuals who prefer addressing before moving forward, what do you do once you've addressed the situation at hand, but it still remains unresolved? Maybe there are huge different in opinions, one or both parties are stubborn, etc. I see so many people who likes to avoid further conflict, so they choose not to address the problem, sweep it under the rug & move forward. A lot of times those same issues come back to bite them in the butt because instead of healing those wounds, bandages were placed on them. Then there are others who refuse to ignore the issues they're facing with others, they feel that it's an absolute MUST to address them, but then when nothing has changed after addressing the issue, they struggle with moving forward. Which one are you & why? And if you have an example/story of how you've handled conflict in the past, please share.

To address conflict or not address it is the question. When faced with conflict, do you like to address it with the individual and then move forward or do you prefer to sweep it under the rug and then move forward? If you're one of those individuals who prefer addressing before moving forward, what do you do once you've addressed the situation at hand, but it still remains unresolved? Maybe there are huge different in opinions, one or both parties are stubborn, etc. I see so many people who likes to avoid further conflict, so they choose not to address the problem, sweep it under the rug & move forward. A lot of times those same issues come back to bite them in the butt because instead of healing those wounds, bandages were placed on them. Then there are others who refuse to ignore the issues they're facing with others, they feel that it's an absolute MUST to address them, but then when nothing has changed after addressing the issue, they struggle with moving forward. Which one are you & why? And if you have an example/story of how you've handled conflict in the past, please share.

Excellent Thread MsLioness, I'm sure you'll get plenty responses. There is something very popular out now called "conflict resolution." We would do well to employ the tested skills of resolving conflicts. You've painted the correct picture, outlining how we dance to this music called conflict; and I would like to say I deal with it as you do, looking for a positive outcome and a path forward.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back