Black Spirituality Religion : Add Captions To or Explain This Raised Embed

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by UBNaturally, Aug 19, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    For the purposes of scholarship and understanding, if at all possible.

Share one's explanations or thoughts as it relates to this image

knownunknown.jpg

If one has sources, please feel free to share them as well only relating to this image.
    Only for constructive reasoning and conducive thinking, so please no bickering about non-relative material if it does not relate.

Let's see if we can actually "build".
    Thanks in advance.

2. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    not really sure what kinda info you is expectin - if im readin that cartouche right the dude on the left is ptolemy viii and i think hes offerin to amun ra maybe?????

3. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    That is what I am looking for, similar or varying interpretations.

So this is a good start, appreciate it

Hoping others can offer their input as well, to either validate, add to, or correct by way of alternative research and understanding(s).

4. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Do appreciate the single input added, though the thought was that others had information on this as well.

Maybe I overestimated this idea, so to that I do say that you are one of the few that at least attempted to share and contribute to something that was thought to be useful in dialog about some of our ancestors.

From this, one would have to conclude that:

1. The lone response was accurate
    2. There is no other information that anyone has on it
    3. Others do not care to contribute to this understanding

Thank you again sister

5. Apollyon

Apollyon Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +36
    When the Pharaohs died, they were embalmed, mummified and then put in a sarcophagus. The ancient Egyptians believed that their kings (pharaohs) lived on in another world, the World Of The Undead. Also because the ancient Egyptians believed that their Pharaohs lived on after their death, they put food, drink, clothes, living animals and even guards in the large tombs of their Pharaohs.

On this picture, you see an Egyptian servant/guard bringing drink and food to the tomb of an undead Pharaoh who is portrayed next to another undead Pharaoh. But it's generally not known who these Pharaohs are. Maybe you should ask an expert..?

6. Dreya

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    theres a pretty similar lookin relief from the temple of osiris and opet at karnak - and this one is credited as being an offering to Amun - the other guy in the picture might be Khonsu - whos some kind of reincarnation of osiris i think.....

[​IMG]

so left to right i think its khonsu - amun - ptolemy

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Thank you Sistar Dreya, this is what I like to see!

Will look into these as "Reincarnate of Osiris" has popped up in my research as well.

Keep this going

8. Apollyon

Apollyon Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +36
    This relief may be similar, it's not exactly the same. And the Egyptian architecture, drawings and paintings look all somewhat "similar". Though they all have different meanings. Don't forget that Pharaohs were often regarded as gods in ancient Egypt during their lifetime, and after their death, the Pharaoh worship went on. So these beings who are wearing a miter on the first picture you showed could be Pharaohs as well.

As for Osiris, bear in mind that Osiris is just a synonym for Nimrod who was a cunning hunter, and a king of ancient Babylon in the ancient Babylonian legends. Osiris is also associated with the Greek sun god Apollo, and is considered the so-called "Anti-Christ" in the Christian Bible. Osiris/Nimrod is said to be the very first Freemason, and founder and ruler of the very first World Order. Osiris/Nimrod was of Kushite descent. Kush was a son of Ham, grandson of Noah according to the Bible. the name "Kush" is the ancient Hebrew term for today's Ethiopia. So Osiris/Nimrod was of Ethiopian descent, but Osiris/Nimrod was also worshiped as a god, so Osiris/Nimrod was in fact a Black man, and regarded as a god. Thus you see, people who really existed in ancient times were often worshiped as gods in legends and myths.

Here are pictures of Osiris and Apollo. You can clearly see that they were both Black men. It's said that they are one and the same. That's possible, but if they are one and the same, then Osiris must have changed his look, hairstyle and he must have used a nickname (Apollo).

osiris33.jpg

Apollo.jpg

9. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

That's all well and good, now relate all of what was just stated to the image, and what is depicted in the image.

If one cares to do so with the other image as well, feel free.

10. Dreya

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    well no the picture not exacly the same - i dont think the egyptians went in for copy an paste - lol

but..... this temple was built during the ptolemaic dynasty - that might even be Ptolemy viii again under the cartouche - but the pic isnt good enough quality for me to read the glyphs