Black Muslims : Adam[[A],THE FIRST Man,His Race

noor100

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 17, 2010
Ibn Al-Qutaiba says in his book Al-Ma'aarif:

"Adam (AS) was beardless. Beards grew on his sons after him. And he was tall, hairy, kinky-haired, and very dark-skinned (adam complexioned) - the most beautiful of all people created."

قال ابن قتيبة في كتابه المعارف:

"كان آدم أمرد، و إنما نبتت اللحى لولده من بعده، و كان طوالاً، كثير الشعر، جعداً آدم، أجمل البرية."

Ubayy ibn Ka'ab (RAA) said that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

"Adam (AS) was a tall man - like a tall date-palm tree. He had kinky hair."

عَنْ أبي بن كعب قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " كَانَ آدَمُ رَجُلًا طِوَالًا كَأَنَّهُ نَخْلَةٌ سَحُوقٌ ، جَعْدُ شَعْرِ الرَّأْسِ .

It is also reported that Ubayy ibn Ka'ab (RAA) said that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

"Adam (AS) was a hairy, tall, dark-skinned man. He was (tall) like a tall date-palm tree."

عن بن جريج قال حدثت عن أبي بن كعب عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال كان آدم رجلا أشعر طوالا آدم كأنه نخلة سحوق

Islam

I agree, that adam would have been dark skinned as the qu'ran says that he was fashioned out of black mud. But i paused when i read that Al-Qutaiba says 'he was the most beautiful of all people created' because at that time, he was the only one created..

Does he go further in explaining his statement?

Ibn Al-Qutaiba says in his book Al-Ma'aarif:

"Adam (AS) was beardless. Beards grew on his sons after him. And he was tall, hairy, kinky-haired, and very dark-skinned (adam complexioned) - the most beautiful of all people created."

قال ابن قتيبة في كتابه المعارف:

"كان آدم أمرد، و إنما نبتت اللحى لولده من بعده، و كان طوالاً، كثير الشعر، جعداً آدم، أجمل البرية."

Ubayy ibn Ka'ab (RAA) said that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

"Adam (AS) was a tall man - like a tall date-palm tree. He had kinky hair."

عَنْ أبي بن كعب قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " كَانَ آدَمُ رَجُلًا طِوَالًا كَأَنَّهُ نَخْلَةٌ سَحُوقٌ ، جَعْدُ شَعْرِ الرَّأْسِ .

It is also reported that Ubayy ibn Ka'ab (RAA) said that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

"Adam (AS) was a hairy, tall, dark-skinned man. He was (tall) like a tall date-palm tree."

عن بن جريج قال حدثت عن أبي بن كعب عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال كان آدم رجلا أشعر طوالا آدم كأنه نخلة سحوق

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome back to the forums sister noor100,

Always a pleasure to read what you have to share. The other poster, thus far, makes an acute observation:

'he was the most beautiful of all people created'

However, for consideration only, it very well could be the absence of one word that drives the point home, and that word could be...out...It is my understanding that out of all people created, Adam was the most beautiful, just a thought.

Peace In,

Islam

I agree, that adam would have been dark skinned as the qu'ran says that he was fashioned out of black mud. But i paused when i read that Al-Qutaiba says 'he was the most beautiful of all people created' because at that time, he was the only one created..

Does he go further in explaining his statement?
We as Muslims believe that Adam[AS] was the first human being created,and is the father of mankind whom all people come from.The quote you are referring to was translated from arabic,i feel it is saying pretty much what Brother Clyde has said.Allah knows best.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back