Black Muslims : Adam[[A],THE FIRST Man,His Race

Discussion in 'Islam Study Group' started by noor100, Oct 26, 2011.

1. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    Ibn Al-Qutaiba says in his book Al-Ma'aarif:

"Adam (AS) was beardless. Beards grew on his sons after him. And he was tall, hairy, kinky-haired, and very dark-skinned (adam complexioned) - the most beautiful of all people created."

قال ابن قتيبة في كتابه المعارف:

"كان آدم أمرد، و إنما نبتت اللحى لولده من بعده، و كان طوالاً، كثير الشعر، جعداً آدم، أجمل البرية."

Ubayy ibn Ka'ab (RAA) said that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

"Adam (AS) was a tall man - like a tall date-palm tree. He had kinky hair."

عَنْ أبي بن كعب قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " كَانَ آدَمُ رَجُلًا طِوَالًا كَأَنَّهُ نَخْلَةٌ سَحُوقٌ ، جَعْدُ شَعْرِ الرَّأْسِ .

It is also reported that Ubayy ibn Ka'ab (RAA) said that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

"Adam (AS) was a hairy, tall, dark-skinned man. He was (tall) like a tall date-palm tree."

عن بن جريج قال حدثت عن أبي بن كعب عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال كان آدم رجلا أشعر طوالا آدم كأنه نخلة سحوق

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Islam

I agree, that adam would have been dark skinned as the qu'ran says that he was fashioned out of black mud. But i paused when i read that Al-Qutaiba says 'he was the most beautiful of all people created' because at that time, he was the only one created..

Does he go further in explaining his statement?

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome back to the forums sister noor100,

Always a pleasure to read what you have to share. The other poster, thus far, makes an acute observation:

However, for consideration only, it very well could be the absence of one word that drives the point home, and that word could be...out...It is my understanding that out of all people created, Adam was the most beautiful, just a thought.

Peace In,

4. noor100

Ratings:
    +566
    We as Muslims believe that Adam[AS] was the first human being created,and is the father of mankind whom all people come from.The quote you are referring to was translated from arabic,i feel it is saying pretty much what Brother Clyde has said.Allah knows best.

5. noor100

Ratings:
    +566
    It has been said Adam means black-skinned.The linguist Al-Jawhari says that Adam[AS] was named Adam[AS] because of black complexion.

Thank you Brother Clyde,glad to be back...I always look forward to your welcome and feel worried when i don't get it...Much respect.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    - indeed

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

.......How sweet of you sister noor100, and likewise, we miss your absence, especially me...so glad you returned with refreshing knowledge, which is fast becoming a trademark of yours...

Here's the work of a dear friend, C. McGhee Livers, which supports the Islamic position:

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Biblical-History-Mankind-McGhee-Livers/dp/097188210X

Peace In,

8. noor100

Ratings:
    +566
    Brother Clyde why do you feel this type of topic bothers some muslim and christian.Some seem to feel it is racist.How can the truth be racist...i suppose some can make it so but that is not my intention.Would love to hear your response.

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

.......Well, you asked the right person sister noor100...it isn't racist,

I don't know if you are aware of my book (Does Color Matter), its in my signature with a picture and a link; but I've been grappling with this ever since I wrote it in 2006, and it may be the very reason you have asked me the question. Just in case you haven't seen it, here's a link to my website:

www.clydecoger.com

Sister, whenever I explain the color issue expounded upon in my work, or answer questions relative to Mt DNA, I found it necessary to safeguard the very issue you put before me (is it racist to place melanin over recessive genes)? Why do we feel its necessary to apologize for the truth. I no longer do it noor100, and I feel good about the knowledge and recommend you make the same adjustment.

The only answer I can give you is that we have been so brainwashed into buying "his-story" we feel inadequate to take on the responsibility of being at the top of the Human Ladder. When it is now finally apparent, a mutant recessive could not hold that apex position, we can now turn toward the truth that African people populated the earth, and that there is no way any other so-called race or group can extricate themselves from that humble beginning and stand independent from it; neither can non-blacks assume they were created first by the Creator...It just doesn't pan out sister noor100.

And finally, I have an appointment tomorrow with a Pastor and will have no draw backs when I present the facts.

Peace In,

10. noor100

Ratings:
    +566
    Verily We created man of potter's clay of black mud altered. And the jinn did We create aforetime of essential fire.
    And (remember) when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am creating a mortal out of potter's clay of black mud altered. So, when I have made him and have breathed into him of My spirit, do ye fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him.

So the angels fell prostrate, all of them together. Save Iblis. He refused to be among the prostrate. He said: O Iblis! What aileth thee that thou art not among the prostrate?He said: Why should I prostrate myself unto a mortal whom Thou hast created out of potter's clay of black mud altered?
    He said: Then go thou forth from hence, for verily thou art outcast.And lo! the curse shall be upon thee till the Day of Judgment.He said: My Lord!Reprieve me till the day when they are raised. < He said: Then lo! Thou art of those reprieved; Till an appointed time.He said: My Lord, Because Thou has sent me astray, I verily shall adorn the path of error for them in the earth, and shall mislead them every one. Save such of them as are Thy perfectly devoted slaves. [El Hijr-verses 26-40]Marmeduke Pickthal translation of the Quran​

Allah says that verily He created Adam from clay made of black mud and that before the creation of Adam, He created the jinn from fire of a scorching wind. Allah told the angels that He was going to create man from clay made of black mud.
    He told the angels that after He fashioned Adam and breathed into him from His spirit that they had to bow down to Adam.All of the angels bowed down to Adam.However, Iblis refused to bow.Allah asked Iblis why he refused to bow.Iblis said that he would not bow down to a man that He (Allah) created from clay made of black mud.Allah then expelled Iblis from Paradise and cursed him.
    Iblis asked Allah to grant him respite until the Day of Resurrection and Allah granted him respite.Iblis then said that he would lead Adam’s descendants astray; all of them except Allah’s sincere servants.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

“When the perfection, complete power, all-encompassing knowledge, ever-executed will and utmost wisdom of the Lord decreed that His creation should be of materials of different kinds, and that they should vary in their forms and attributes and natures, His wisdom decreed that He should take a handful of dust from the earth, then mix it with water. So it became like black stinking mud. Then the wind was sent upon it and it dried out, until it became clay like pottery. Then it was given shape and limbs and faculties, and each part of it was given a shape suited to its purpose.”(Tabaayun fi Aqsaam al-Quran, p. 204)