Black People : Actions for Restoring 'amerikkka'

truetothecause

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2007
In the fantasy of Afreekan Unity
Occupation
The~rapist
Greetings All! :wave:

This was received in an email today...Wondered what others thought of it. It seems to be a useful plan to support REVOLUTION = CHANGE

R

Dear ACLU Supporter,

Barack Obama’s victory gives all of us who care about liberty a real opportunity to restore the Constitution and move freedom forward. Now it’s up to us. And, the ACLU is ready to get to work.

For months, ACLU attorneys, policy experts and legislative advocates -- the very same people who have fought tooth and nail to defend freedom over the last eight years -- have been developing "Actions for Restoring America." It’s our blueprint for freedom, spelling out the specific actions that our new President must take to launch a restoration of American values and to convey a clear rejection of the shameful policies of the Bush era.

This document is already in the hands of members of the Obama transition team. And we want to get it in your hands, too, because we’ll be calling on you to help us get it done.

Download your personal copy of the ACLU’s Actions for Restoring America blueprint.

I hope you will take the time to read our blueprint for moving freedom forward. It details the steps we’ll be calling on Barack Obama to take as he begins his historic presidency including vitally important actions he can take on his first day in office with the stroke of a pen.

But the ACLU’s Actions for Restoring America isn’t just a plan of action for Barack Obama. It’s a call to action for you and every other member of the ACLU community. And we’ve broken it up into three areas:

* First Day: Actions the President can take with the stroke of a pen on the first day in office.
* First 100 Days: Actions the President and his administration can take in the first 100 days in office.
* First Year: Actions the President and Congress can take in the first year.

You have helped stand up for the Constitution and the rule of law through periods of enormous challenge. Now, as we enter a more hopeful period in the life of our nation, we need you to demonstrate that same commitment to moving freedom forward and restoring America’s reputation.

As our blueprint makes clear: decisive action by our new leaders is not just a question of opportunity. It’s a matter of necessity. And the feistiness, passion and commitment of ACLU supporters like you will be more critical to the future of freedom than ever.

I know I speak for all of my ACLU colleagues in telling you that we’re excited to be entering this new era, eager to seize every opportunity for progress, and honored to be working by your side at such a pivotal period for freedom, justice and equality.

Sincerely,

Anthony D. Romero, ACLU

Anthony D. Romero
ACLU Executive Director

take action

© ACLU, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10004

http://www.aclu.org/transition/#_Toc212436162

M.E.
:hearts2:

M.E. said:
This was received in an email today...Wondered what others thought of it. It seems to be a useful plan to support REVOLUTION = CHANGE

As I read the words I used to express the potential and possibilities towards revolution I see in this Obama Presidency, I have a picture of why there is no conversation, dialogue or debates here. Basically, this means there is no "interest" in this information.
I thought :thinking:, maybe if I said a bit more of what I meant by "REVOLUTION= CHANGE", people would be interested in sharing their E.S.P*. on the topic.

R.N.A. ~ Using Our E.S.P. to come together

For Obama to take up the challenge and actually DO any one or two of the things on that list would be a plus. For it to be a "plus" is an indication that something has been added, and it is a good thing......unless there is something o that list that someone can show how it is actually hurtful to the collective of WE...then....I go with the notion that any one of those items/suggested actions are "good" or helpful for the collective of WE. I say it would be good for the Collective as Obama will be demonstrating a willingness and readiness to at least take baby steps TOWARDS our goal....undoing some wrongs done..reversing some faulty decisions made, or at least working to repair (reparate) the damage done.

M.E.
:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back