Black People : Action List

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Dec 5, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    There's been a lot of talk abot how there is too much talk here and not any action. It's kinda hard to imagine a discussion forum where people don't discuss anything. But let's see how we can turn the discussion into action. I don't know. I guess we could have a list of things we are doing or want to do in order to build up the Black community. So I will start.

1. I am learning to design and develop software that can be used by Black businesses and organizations. This software can also be sold to white and asio-arabic (honorary whites) customers to bring their money into the Black community.

2. One thing suggested to me if you live in a neighborhood where the city has consistantly failed to repair the streets and sidewalks you can hire a contractor to make the repairs then sue the city for the money you spent.

My father and the tenants in the building where he used to live successfully sued the company that was trying to run them out in order to turn their building into a condo. It took them twenty years of dogged deternmination but for those who lived and stuck to it they are now rich and able to pass something onto their children.

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I will be the first one to applaud you for that. George Fraser and Dr. Julianne Malveaux are two of my correspondence. Also, I attended a Kwanzaa celebration (I know its too early) over the weekend. After that celebration, I got the chance to speak with the people, and they said that they would try to get Dr. Naim Akbar to speak at my college. With all this being said, putting things to action is going to get serious. I am looking forward to working with other youth across the globe to stabilize us.

CD

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey CD!

I should have known you'd be the first to reply to a thread like this. You've got a lot of vision. I'm not familiar with the people you named but I can look them up.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I am willing to do whatever it takes to uplift us, and not destroy us. The problem is, there is an extreme disconnect between I and 'our leaders' who talk about rebuilding the communities on C-SPAN, CNN, etc. Understand, I will get connected, and we will get somewhere as a people. We must network to move out of poverty, coming-up-short, and being at the bottom.

"When spiders unite, they can tie up a lion!"

Why can't we?

Let's honor the first part of Kwanzaa: UMOJA - UNITY!

Ase'

CD

5. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    These are excellent ideas, River.

Another course of action blacks can take is in the area of entreprenurial ventures. This doesn't necessarily have to be opening a brick and mortar store. People could utilize affiliate marketing, dropshipping and investing to learn how to make money independently. With the Internet and a little bit of creativity, the possibilities are endless. However, you must be patient and determined because it may take time and A LOT of experimentation before you can quit your day job. Lord knows... this is where I'm at, and I'm pulling out my hairs because I'm so frustrated I can't let the entreprenurial things rule right now. But I keep pressing on because I don't want to be a Corporate slave... which even working at home you still are if the company is not in your name.

But anyway, once a person learns how to start a successful business on the Internet, they can transfer those acquired skills into creating a brick and mortar, which is what we need in abundance in black communities. I think too we eventually need to consider more opportunities for creating telecommuting jobs so people can spend more time with their families.