Black Spirituality Religion : according to the Bible, God has a form..

"This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the righteous, who believe in the unseen and observe prayer and spend out of what We have provided for them; and who believe in that which has been revealed to thee, and that which was revealed before thee, and they have firm faith in the Hereafter." (Sura Al-Baqarah 3:1-5)

solomon7 said:
Something that is "unseen" does NOT mean it CANNOT be seen.
Can you give me an example of something unseen that can be seen?

solomon7 said:
YES. LET'S SAY, FOR EXAMPLE, I AM HIDING FROM MY BROTHER, OUT OF SIGHT. TO HIM, I AM "UNSEEN."
No, to him you are hiding...

solomon7 said:
THIS IN NO WAY EQUATES TO "NOT BEING ABLE TO BE SEEN."
Why doesn't it?

Btw, there are different types of unseen described in the Holy Qur'an. Here are some examples:

Allah (swt) is unseen. [21:49, 35:18, 36:11, 50:33, 67:12]

Life after death is unseen. [27:65-66]

Everlasting paradise in the hereafter is unseen. [19:61]

Al-Saa'at [the day of judgment] is unseen. [16:77, 32:5-6, 34:3, 72:25-26]

The wahi [revelation], before it is revealed, is unseen. [3:44, 11:49, 81:24]

Something/someone that is not in front of our eyes [i.e., absent] is unseen. [12:52]

The events of the past, of which we do not have knowledge, may be unseen. [18:25-26]

Imaan [faith] in the unseen is the imaan in Allah (swt), the Hereafter, and the unseen consequences of our actions that have not yet manifested...

(Btw 2: I Googled Mr. TrueIslam and I see you're all over the place...:) The responses to the essay are quite intriguing...)

Solomon and Aqil,

It is obvious that the two of you will go back and forth forever because you both believe in Islam but are from different schools of thought. What is the end of all of this? You know you will not convince each other. Where is the unity within the Ummah that focuses on the similarities instead of the differences? If you do not desire unity, then what is the point?

I believe the Father has a form, an image in which we can very well see His presence, and that is what man takes his "form" after.

He is certainly spirit, but I believe we have to make sure we don't let our imagination take place of the truth. We can't just assume what a Spirit looks like, in any case, but must go by what we've been taught throughout the Holy Doctrine.

I believe the Holy Anointed Son, who looks like the Father, and this has been stated by the Son in His own words, proves that of course the Most High has a certain form. How else would the Son dwelling on this earth in the form of men say seeing His face is seeing the face of the Father?;)

Seek and we shall find, ask and we shall be given, the Son who died for our sins unto our salvation, and was resurrected back to life eternal has taught. In faith, belief, and trust in our Father and the Son, we shall understand all these mysteries in the Scripture and soon ourselves, see that which is now invisible to our carnal being.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back