Black Spirituality Religion : according to the Bible, God has a form..

"This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the righteous, who believe in the unseen and observe prayer and spend out of what We have provided for them; and who believe in that which has been revealed to thee, and that which was revealed before thee, and they have firm faith in the Hereafter." (Sura Al-Baqarah 3:1-5)

Salaam,

Something that is "unseen" does NOT mean it CAN NOT be seen.

This verse means that human reason alone, unaided by Divine revelation, is incapable of comprehending God. He cannot be seen with physical eyes, but reveals Himself to man through His Prophets or through the working of His attributes. He is also perceived by spiritual eyes...

The above is merely your "opinion", which you are entitled to.

Mr. TrueIslam said:
Another verse usually adduced by anti-anthropomorphist Muslims to deny that Allah can be seen is Al-Araf 7:143.
Al-Araf 7:143 reads as follows:

"And when Moses came at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, 'My Lord, show thyself to me that I may look at thee.' Allah replied, 'Thou shalt not see me. But look at the mountain; and if it remains in its place, then shalt thou see Me.' And when his Lord manifested Himself on the mountain, He broke it into pieces and Moses fell down unconscious. And when He recovered, he said, 'Holy art Thou, I turn to Thee and I am the first to believe.'"

Please be advised that this verse lends no support to the anthromoporphic view that God is visible to the physical eyes. Man cannot even see angels; we can only see a manifestation of them. Similarly, only a manifestation of God can be seen, and not God Himself. It is therefore inconceivable that the great Prophet Moses (saw), with all his knowledge of the attributes of God, should have desired an impossibility. He knew that he could only see a manifestation of God and not God Himself...he had already seen a manifestation of God "in the fire" when traveling Midian to Egypt. What then did Moses (saw) mean by his request?

The request seems to refer to the perfect manifestation of God, which was to take place in the person of the Holy Prophet of Islam in some later time. Moses had already been given the promise that there would appear - from among the brethren of the Israelites - a Prophet in whose mouth God would put His word (Deut. 18:18-22). This prophecy implied a greater manifestation of God than had been vouchsafed to Moses, so he was anxious to see what sort of God's Glory and Majesty the promised manifestation would be. He wished that something of that Glory and Majesty might be shown to him. He was told that the manifestation of that Glory was beyond his capacity to bear; it could not take place his heart, and that God had chosen the mountain for its physical manifestation. The mountain shook violently and it appeared as if it had crumbled down, and Moses, being overwhelmed with the impact of the shaking - fell unconscious. The mountain wasn't actually broken into pieces. The words have been used - anthromoporically - to express the great severity of the earthquake (Exodus 24:18).

In this way Moses was made to realize that he had not attained to that high level of spiritual eminence that should have made him the object of that Divine manifestation that he had requested to witness. That unique priviledge was reserved for one much greater than him - the crown of God's creation - the Holy Prophet Muhammad ibn Abdullah (saw).

Moses' request may also be taken as having been prompted by the Elders of the Israelites to see God with the naked eye (2:156), and this very unusual experience made him realize that his request was inopportune. So he cried spontaneously, "I turn towards Thee, and I am the first to believe," which meant that he had realized that he was not endowed with the capacity to see that perfect manifestation of Divine Glory which was to take place on the heart of the Promised Prophet, and that he was the first believer in the great spiritual eminence which that great Prophet was destined to attain.

Ma Salaam.

"This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the righteous, who believe in the unseen and observe prayer and spend out of what We have provided for them; and who believe in that which has been revealed to thee, and that which was revealed before thee, and they have firm faith in the Hereafter." (Sura Al-Baqarah 3:1-5)

solomon7 said:
Salaam,

Something that is "unseen" does NOT mean it CANNOT be seen.
Can you give me an example of something unseen that can be seen?

aqil said:
This verse means that human reason alone, unaided by Divine revelation, is incapable of comprehending God. He cannot be seen with physical eyes, but reveals Himself to man through His Prophets or through the working of His attributes. He is also perceived by spiritual eyes...
solomon7 said:
The above is merely your "opinion," which you are entitled to.
I am aghast in stupefaction at the supercilious nature of your highly opinionated response. In addition to my comments in an earlier post re: Sura 6:104, let me say this re: Sura Al-Baqarah:

"Those who believe in the unseen and perform the prayer, and expend of that we have provided them." (2:3)

The Qur'an, speaking of a group of nomadic Arabs who came to the Prophet to say, "We believe," says: "You believe not, rather say, 'We surrender,' for belief has not yet entered your hearts. " (Sura 49:14)

Is this a belief in God or His Attributes or in His Prophet and revelation or resurrection? All these are parts of belief, but the Qur'an sums all these up in the first verse of Sura 2: "That is the Book, wherein is no doubt, a guidance for the God-fearing who believe in the unseen.."

Unseen means hidden. Hidden from what? In this enclosed area what is behind these walls is hidden from us, but if we feel sure of what is happening behind them, it is faith in the unseen? No, tomorrow it is hidden from us...but if we can predict what is going to happen tomorrow, is this a faith in the unseen? Again, no. What is the unseen then?

Aqil said:

Can you give me an example of something unseen that can be seen?

YES. LET'S SAY, FOR EXAMPLE, I AM HIDING FROM MY BROTHER, OUT OF SIGHT.

TO HIM, I AM "UNSEEN". THIS, IN NO WAY EQUATES TO, "NOT BEING ABLE TO BE SEEN".

I am aghast in stupefaction at the supercilious nature of your highly opinionated response. In addition to my comments in an earlier post re: Sura 6:104, let me say this re: Sura Al-Baqarah:

"Those who believe in the unseen and perform the prayer, and expend of that we have provided them." (2:3)

The Qur'an, speaking of a group of nomadic Arabs who came to the Prophet to say, "We believe," says: "You believe not, rather say, 'We surrender,' for belief has not yet entered your hearts. " (Sura 49:14)

Is this a belief in God or His Attributes or in His Prophet and revelation or resurrection? All these are parts of belief, but the Qur'an sums all these up in the first verse of Sura 2: "That is the Book, wherein is no doubt, a guidance for the God-fearing who believe in the unseen.."

Unseen means hidden.

BUT, "HIDDEN" DOES NOT MEAN "CAN'T BE SEEN"...

Quick definitions (hidden)

adjective: difficult to find (Example: "Hidden valleys")
adjective: designed to elude detection (Example: "A hidden room or place of concealment such as a priest hole")
adjective: covered from view (Example: "Her face buried (or hidden) in her hands")
adjective: not accessible to view (Example: "Concealed (or hidden) damage")

Hidden from what? In this enclosed area what is behind these walls is hidden from us, but if we feel sure of what is happening behind them, it is faith in the unseen? No, tomorrow it is hidden from us...but if we can predict what is going to happen tomorrow, is this a faith in the unseen? Again, no. What is the unseen then?

Syllables: un-seen

Definition 1. not seen, observed, or discovered

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back