Black Spirituality Religion : according to the Bible, God has a form..

solomon7

BANNED
Mar 8, 2006
Subject: the "anthropomorphism' of God, according to the Bible-PT OF A CONVERSATION

SORRY, NO REFERENCES TO A"TRINITY".

3: The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is his name EXODUS 15
6 Thy right hand, O LORD, glorious in power, thy right hand, O LORD, shatters the enemy.
EXODUS 15

11: And he did not lay his hand on the chief men of the people of Israel; they beheld God, and ate and drank.
EXODUS 24

8: And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
GENESIS 3

5: And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward.
6: And he said, "Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him in a vision, I speak with him in a dream.
7: Not so with my servant Moses; he is entrusted with all my house.
8: With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in dark speech; and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"
NUMBERS 12

8: How can I give you up, O E'phraim! How can I hand you over, O Israel! How can I make you like Admah! How can I treat you like Zeboi'im! My heart recoils within me, my compassion grows warm and tender.
HOSEA 11

In my opinion, Ex. 15:3 MAY BE USED AS "PROOF" THAT GOD IS A MAN. (I WOULD NOT USE IT THOUGH; IT CAN BE INTERPRETED EITHER WAY)

Ex. 15:3 This appears, to me, TO BE Non-Anthropomorpic.

Ex:24:11. I concede, that the first portion of this verse may be non-anthropomorphic. But not the second part; How could God be "beheld" if He is only a spirit? Spirits can't be "beheld".

Gen. 3:8 ...and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden....How could they hide themselves from God, if He is only a spirit? This does not make sense, to me.
Numbers 12:5-8 ...

5: And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward.
6: And he said, "Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him in a vision, I speak with him in a dream.
7: Not so with my servant Moses; he is entrusted with all my house.
8: With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in dark speech; and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"
NUMBERS 12

These verses are VERY clear, to me. First of all, God, in verse 8, says that HE HAS A " FORM". He says that other prophets are aware of Him, by a "vision" and that He speaks to them, "in a dream". "...7: Not so with my servant Moses; he is entrusted with all my house.
8: With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in dark speech; and he beholds the form of the LORD. (am I missing something?)

Hosea 8:11 I belive this is non-anthropomorphic.

Dr. Freeman, you mentioned the following in your previous letter. It is excellent, and should apply, to us all.

Also, it is important to understand the difference between "exegesis" and "eisigesis":
Eisegesis: "I am study the Bible with my own preconceived ideas. I find certain verses to buttress what I "knew" all along." In my opinion, this is a dangerous way to go. Error and deception is around every corner. Many people use the Bible as a sort of good luck charm, only obeying the verses that they want to enjoy and using other verses to justify/rationalize their ungodly behavior.
Exegesis: "I study the Bible, using the above rules of interpretation along with other proven rules of interpretation), without preconceived notions. I let the Bible speak to me inductively. What ever emerges, I submit to it, even if I cannot wrap my finite brain around it."

In my opinon, this is the best way to study the Bible.

I never recall these verses being brought up,in Church though, I consider them to be VERY important!

Your most sincere and loyal servant
suleiman = wise abdul = servant of
Rahman = The Benificent or The Doer of Good
so, the wise servant of, The Doer of Good
"Pluto sits out there, but still just a touch of the Sun moves her."

Salaam aqi:

The Holy Qur'an says:

“It is Allah who is God in Heaven and God on Earth, and He is full of wisdom and knowledge.” (Sura 43:84)

Allah (God), according to the religion of Islam, is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. He is in total charge of the entire creation. He has no beginning or ending. He was never born and will never die. He has always been in existence. Allah (God) is not a physical being. The Qur’an says, “No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision and He is above total comprehension, yet He is well acquainted with all things.” The Qur’an also states: “Say He is Allah, the one and only; God the eternal, absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; and there is none like unto Him.” (Sura 112)

The religion of Islam teaches that Allah (God) is one and He has no sons or daughters. He is neither male nor female. He is the source of human life and gender. He just says, “Be” and it is. Allah (God) is responsible for the creation of every human being. He created all colors and made our features beautiful...

The concept of God in the religion of Islam is an extremely vast and important concept. Perhaps the most important aspect of Islam is the belief in the Oneness (tauhid) of God.

Here is the ancient Egyptian concept of God:

“God is one and alone, and none other existeth with Him – God is the One, the One who hath made all things – God is a spirit, a hidden spirit, the spirit of spirits, the great spirit of the Egyptians, the Divine spirit – God is from the beginning, and He hath been from the beginning.

He hath existed from old and was when nothing else had being. He existed when nothing else existed, and what existeth He created after He had come into being.

He is the Father of beginnings – God is the Eternal One, He is eternal and infinite and endureth forever, and yes – God is hidden and no man knoweth His form. No man hath been able to seek out His likeness; He is hidden to the gods and men, and He is a mystery unto His creatures.

No man knoweth how to know Him – His name remaineth hidden; His name is a mystery unto His children. His names are innumerable; they are manifold and none knoweth their number.

God is truth and He feedeth thereon. He is the king of truth, and He hath established the Earth thereupon – God is life and through Him only man liveth. He giveth life to man, He breatheth the breath of life into his nostrils – God is father and mother, the father of fathers and the mother of mothers. He begetteth, but was never begotten; He produceth, but was never produced; He begat himself and produced himself. He createth, but was never created; He is the maker of His own form and the fashioner of His own body.

God Himself is existence, He endureth without increase or diminution, He multiplieth Himself millions of times, and He is manifold in forms and in numbers – God hath made the Universe, and He created all that therein is; He is the Creator of what is in this world, and of what was, of what is, and of what shall be. He is the Creator of the Heavens, and of the Earth, and of the deep, and of the water, and of the mountains.

God hath stretched out the Heavens and founded the Earth – what His heart conceived straightway came to pass, and when He hath spoken, it cometh to pass and endureth forever – God is the father of the gods; He fashioned men and formed the gods – God is merciful unto those who reverence Him, and He heareth him that calleth upon Him. God knoweth him that acknowledges Him; He rewardeth him that serveth Him, and He protecteth him that followeth Him.”

(The Egyptian Book of the Dead: The Papyrus of Ani, transliteration and translation by E.A. Wallis Budge, pp. xcii-xciii)

uplift19 said:
If God is a mystery, why should we worship Him?
Because He is the Creator of the Universe and all that is contained therein.

uplift19 said:
Do you argue that you believe in Islam as you understand it or the ancient Egyptian view that you just quoted? You will agree that the two are not congruent.
There isn't that much difference...:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back