Black People : Accepted or Tolerated ?

how to tell a fake.......

Destee said:
Hello Family,

How do you know if a person (white) has accepted you as an equal or if they are tolerating you?

This question came out of Brother OldSoul's class today, and i was wondering if any of you have the answer.

Can you tell the difference between being accepted or tolerated, and if so, please tell us how to know the difference.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee
Its all in the eyes and the behaviours/comments made unconsciously. Anyone can smile in your face, but if you look close you can tell if it is an obnoxious smile, or one with fear behind it....in those cases, the person is racist, or simply worried due to stereotypes respectively.

If they seem to only keep you around in certain situations, have you around certain freinds, only let certian, or no, family members meet you....you are being tolerated. If you are the only black person they deal with and there is opportunity to deal with others presenting itself daily, you are being tolerated.

It is not something that can be learned to observe this...it is just from life experience. Before I reached teenage years, I could tell the difference....that is from experience. If you are grown and trying to learn, it is good to ask around like this and create a sort of check list to go by so that you dont get in a situation where you thought you had a real friend/associate and you didnt. Some people like token blacks, some like to keep blacks around as entertainment, some think it is exotic, some want to feel like they are doing you a favour by letting you hang with them.....the list goes on...avoid that BS like the plague.

Hope that was helpfull.

Blak

Treat others as you would want to be treated; make no assumptions on a white person whether they tolerate or accept you, just as you wouldn't want any assumptions made about you of them. But interact to them as a fellow man or woman, and it'll show, and be heard. What they have in their heart toward you will be made known readily!

I've seen a white person's tolerance, and have felt accepted also. They aren't really different from when any person does this to you; family, friends, or strangers.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back