Black People : Abuse/Neglect Of a Child

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Mar 6, 2013.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Why do you think we are seeing so much abuse/neglect in our country (USA of course)? What can be done to prevent it?

2. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,166
    For your first question, the answer is the ongoing dysfunction that has permeated and grown throughout the years. To address your second question, stating the answer is simple but the way to attain it is not as simplistic, and that is to get people's minds right.

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    On point bruh..My Queen has a friend who has suffered abuse at the hands of her mother and younger sister. The moma split with their farther in a bad way. So she took it out on her because she was seen as "daddy's little girl". The sister took it out on her because she saw her as "daddy's favorite" and the moma let her abuse her. I saw with my own eyes both of them jumped her then claimed they didn't do it.:eek:

Peace!

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    For truth, abuse/neglect is passed like a virus from one to the next, and has been about too long for any of us to remember.

I've known both personally, and on both ends they do fester in a person til it's let out on another unsuspecting victim.

Though hard, those abused have to pick up alot of slack and ultimately swallow down a most bitter pill, and let it go forever, because though they didn't ask for it, they have to deal with it in this manner or else they will without doubt pass it on to another child. And that is guaranteed every time. They do it as revenge or do it because they've known no other way.

5. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,166

See, it's that devilish spirit that gets in folks. Some folks are weak, and when I say "weak" I mean weak in the dome piece. If you get foul and can't get along with your seed or direct blood, how in the hell do you expect to unify en masse? I know there are clinical aspects that come into play for some folks, but let's be honest some folks are plain selfish, sociopathic, and plainly don't give a ....

Some folks ain't made up with the right mental composition to handle this journey we call life in my opinion.

6. mywordsfly

mywordsfly Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    I work with a lot of women from China, and one of them told me that she thought American parents are so selfish. I asked her what she meant because American parents are often overly indulgent, as far as I see most of the time.

But she's dating some lawyer, and she says he's so stingy. He'll hide cookies from his kids, take the best of anything that comes through, let them have whatever is left. And apparently on a date he actually let her pick up a check (apparently something a Chinese man would never, ever, ever do ever).

When she said this, it really got me thinking. I think that's a lot of the problem. American's are just kind of selfish. We've got one or two people we "look out" for on our "team" so to speak, but for the most part American's are usually looking out for number one. And if you try to look out for people you don't know, you get stepped on, because they are all so selfish. We neglect our fellow man on the street so much, they only look startled when you say, "Good Morning."
    Now clearly neglect goes much further than that, however my point is that is just a normal man. Now imagine someone who can't handle the stress. Who for whatever reason wants to look out for themselves harder than usual...and actually things involving someone else will in some way make the situation feel or seem better--to themselves.
    Therein we have a lot of the stimulus for abuse. A lot of abusers actually think that whoever they are abusing to some extent likes it--especially child molesters.

AS FOR OTHER NEGLECT AND ABUSE:
    I think we should refer back to that one thread about perversion and how it has slowly snuck into our society...

7. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Come to find out, the moma was like this as a child. She didn't get along with any of her family, her own moma was saying how evil she was. SMH She has broken up every relationship my wife's friend has had, and also her sister's marriage. But that is a weird deal to me, the younger sister calls her to complain about the mother because she now sees the light. But she and the moma still gangs up on her by calling her and cussing her out and calling her all kind of names.

I don't get why my wife's friend still talks to them?:11200:

Peace!

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Short non-psychological analysis:

The subliminal messages they send thru the tv, especially while watching 'black' shows and 'reality tv' shows. If you tv get's scrambled in the middle of a program, or even if it freezes for a moment teach your kids to turn away from the screen or turn the tv off completely...

You can prevent it by not turning the tv on in the first place.

btw, it's not just an increase in abuse/neglect, there's also an insane increase in homosexuality and that is also do to the direct correlation in the increasing rate of homo shows and homo's on these tv shows promoting it to our children.

9. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    i learned long ago abusive people don't understand why they are abusing their loved ones, they just do it...people that abuses are abusives themselves. why they chose to abuse is because they lived in abused situations. they have experienced it and lived it. its not fair but it happens. until the abusiveness gets treated and remains untreated, the cycle continues.

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

Very good point burtha Info....:toast:

But we may have to break this down, because you have a generation out there that don't know that this form of mental manipulation was standard in movies. This type of programing is effective because it works on the subconscious mind, where it can produce positive, or negative results without conscious resistance. There is a link between an individual's behavior and all the information their subconscious has decided to accept over the years.

This is profound brutha:

This is needed in order to change current behavior, you first have to change the information being received in the subconscious. I know it's easier said than done, but you can't just tell your subconscious to think differently and ask for life changing behavior modification. You must find a way to counteract those subconscious thoughts and introduce different thoughts for your subconscious to use.

Peace!