Science and Technology : ABUNDANCE - The future will be better than you think!

The comparison between the cellphone and the supercomputer made me think for a second. Can you imagine how things are going to be 30 years into the future?

That says something about a limited amount of truth. That change is the result of Moore's Law. But that is not a Law of Physics. It was merely an observation of what was happening with integrated circuit technology in the 60s. Chip makers ran into a heat wall a number of years ago. Running chips faster made them hotter. They have gone with multi-cores since then. That is fine for problems that can multi thread or multiple jobs at once. It does not help single thread job.

But many other issues do not have Moore's Law working for them and many suspect that Law may run out because atoms are only so small. Those cell phones are an e-waste problem already.

The comparison between the cellphone and the supercomputer made me think for a second. Can you imagine how things are going to be 30 years into the future?

No idea what will be around in 30 years. It will be exciting to see if I'm around to see it.

The book does sound interesting though. I like stuff about disruptive innovations and there are some interesting and thoughtful insights about how we're exponentially progressing technologically while constantly lowering and lowering and lowering barriers to access.

In my arguably short life, I've seen some pretty amazing things fall into the commons so to speak. In 30 years, who knows what paradigm will win out. I'm still impressed when I see how mobile phones are used:

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic...w-kenya-has-beaten-the-world-in-mobile-money/

At Google I/O, they said that Android was experiencing massive growth in Africa. This could easily mean mobile payments could beat the current adoption rates in Asia in a few years. That's pretty cool, imho.

That says something about a limited amount of truth. That change is the result of Moore's Law. But that is not a Law of Physics. It was merely an observation of what was happening with integrated circuit technology in the 60s. Chip makers ran into a heat wall a number of years ago. Running chips faster made them hotter. They have gone with multi-cores since then. That is fine for problems that can multi thread or multiple jobs at once. It does not help single thread job.

But many other issues do not have Moore's Law working for them and many suspect that Law may run out because atoms are only so small. Those cell phones are an e-waste problem already.

There is a new technology being researched to deal with the heat problem. They have chips bathed in a liquid that both supply the chips with energy and removing excess heat a bit bit like the circulatory system. Technology is forever progressing. Never mind quantum computing which will blow the roof.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back