Black People : About the word "homophobic"..

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    You know my high school teacher once discuss something very interesting that I agree with. Not every straight person who disagrees with the homosexual life style is homophobic. To be homophobic mean you hate homos because you fear them. I don't hate nor fear them. If I see a gay person coming down the street, I don't turn the other cheek and run than yell "[email protected]". Naw, that's not me. I just simply disagree with what they do. It doesn't mean that I hate them. Since we all live in this world, I have to tolerate what they do, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Understand? thank you.

P.S...... Alkebulantaazer, please save the pro gay rights rhetoric!

2. Deepa

Deepa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I feel you Pharoah Jah.

Homophobic means to fear gay people.

Having the opinion that homosexuality practices aren't right or natural has nothing to do with fear, its an opinion, a belief.

You can disagree with something that you don't fear.

The homophobia wordplay is an attempt to group all of those who simply don't agree with those who are more likely to have over the edge views about homosexuality and are willing to act discriminately or violently about them.

By grouping them all together they can make those who simply disagree silence themselves to avoid being grouped with the extremists or to back peddle on their opinions by offering kind words instead.

We can accept them as people and as Afrikans without accepting their partner/sexual preferences or practices.

3. Hesaid

Hesaid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Dare i add
    Antisemetic
    OOPPSS!
    guess thas the end of me.