Black People : ABOUT OUR PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Let me tell you what I've learned about our people...and I may get banned for this but I don't know any way other than to keep this as real as possible. You know, there was a time when I was sort of critical of certain segments of our people in terms of what they did or said....but I done reached a point where as I ain't critical of jack s---! I know why we're the way we are on every level. Why? Because I done been there myself. In other words, I done completed the circle. I have friends who are under 30 and all of them are worth a million plus. I remember when I was floating with Blue Magic and Gladys Knight and Nipsey Russel and the Manhattens...when droppin $500 on a jacket that I really didn't need wasn't nothing. I remember my illusionary mindset cause that's what got me knocked for the next 12 years of my life.

I remember hearing grown men cry at night like a child, of being locked down with our people from every segment of life there is and of holding conversations with them. I remember living in Cali and down south and up north very well. I remember the gang bang days and days when I was nothing but another pawn in white peoples bull----! I remember every psychological and emotional illusion I was caught up in...and I'm unique because internally there was something that I just wasn't content with, even when I was making over 100,000 a year. Something inside of me kept saying that there has to be more to life than this.

I know that many of our people would have been content with my life but I wasn't. I remember when I was in the Marines Corp during the Vietnam era because I got drafted. Yeah, it was then, at the age of 17 that I peeked some things that I was not meant to see that caused my life-long journey and quest to find answers to questions that I didn't even know existed yet.

I was raised as a cold Christian...how cold? So cold that I would jump out my window to go to church, knowing that when I got home that I was going to be punished and get my @ss whipped! In prison I converted to a Muslim but subconsciously I was still on the search for truth and was not content with that, nor would I be conditioned by it. For a short period in my life I actually hated my own mother for what she didn't give me...only time and learning would revel that she did the best she could and that she was just as much a victim as I was....and so I learned to forgive and understand and to love her even more for what she had to work with.

You see, the bottom line is that ALL OF OUR PEOPLE HAVE BEEN PLAYED! not only here in America but in Africa as well. Over here we see images of the cannibals, while in Africa they see images and movies of us here in America as being drugged out and as cold steppin fetchit negroes. There was even a point in my life when I HATED WHITE PEOPLE WITH A PASSION!! The system would have loved it if they could have kept that internalized in me, but I learned that if you are filled with negativity that you'll never have room for the positive things that you need to do in your own life...because two energies can not occupy the same place and time.

I remember days when the police was hiding me from the police... days when the guards in prison got me any and everything I needed because I was their only source of growth. I wrote my first book while in the system and to do that meant that I had to have a whole lot of the Administration seeing things the way I saw them...as such, I am now banned out of the prison system in the state of new jersey in terms of speaking...cause the system knew I didn't pull that off on my own.

Now I cruise by brothers every day doing the wrong thing as it relates to our people and there's little I can say...simply because I understand. I would love to tell the gang bangers which direction to turn their guns or who and what to rob...but I got to even leave that alone.

I've been fortunate to be able to sit at the feet of Dr.Clark and Ben and Charshee McIntyre and Kwami Ture and Frances Welsing and Gil Noble and Dell Jones and Ramona Africa and a host of others to learn. You see, in other words, I am not on any level caught up in the matrix and there is very little that people can tell me because I am always in a state of growth.

We are the most beautiful people even when we are messed up in our head. I have even discovered that drug addicts have principles that they will not violate...now ain't that a b****!...just goes to show you how spiritually deep we are even we are messed up!

I guess I'm writing all of this to simply say that I LOVE WHO WE ARE AS A PEOPLE...EVEN WHEN WE AREN'T ALL ON THE SAME PAGE!!...CAUSE IN THE END, EVERYTHING WILL INDEED BE ALRIGHT !!! YEAH, I'm tired...but warriors can't afford to get tired !!!

ONE LOVE ALWAYS!!!

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    What a journey!

I love you/us too, Brother. But if you don't remove those cuss words out of your post, a little tough love, even though I'm tired too, will have to be administered.

Keep on learning, growing, and sharing! What may not make sense to some of us now, can someday make all the sense in the world.:love:

Thank you for sharing your path with us!

:heart:

3. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    thank you

The best thing I could have read tonight was someone else's story, and there are parts I can relate to, and others I just find enlightening; so thank you for sharing Bro. Keita - you are bold in speech and demeanor, but I respect your position cuz you keep it real, and you've lived it. Hotep.

:toast:

4. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    you know what Brother Keita

I needed this right here. Thank you.

I'm honor'd to be at the "table"....

this is the life that we live..... and there are many of us like you that it's not good enough....

thanks again for sharing.

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Powerful Testimony Brother Keita

Regardless of some differences I have with you on some issues, which is a natural thang, I think you are not only one of our greatest African Genius, but an exemplary role model for us younger folk. lol!

This just proves something to me that I was talking about in another thread. Some our most conscious BROTHERS [not to exclude the sisters, but Im talking to my Brotha here] have been through the FIRE and the WISDOM that you have obtained and that you share with us, Brothas, is of utmost value and importance.

Like you told me once about "Metal Testing Metal". I myself am a stronger person from going through this "test" with you and not against you.

Like Bob Marley sang, "Every little thing, gone be alright".

I owe you something and soon will put some ends together to finally purchase your book.

Peace...

6. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    well said my brother!

my brother if u want the book..... u got it....

I want it too... and the Queens....

hollar fam.... told u never to go hungry!

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Ok....I hope this is to your satisfaction...my apologies Purple.

8. Agent_Jack

Agent_Jack Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Feelin you 100% I feel the exact same way about my folks, cause I understand what everyone goes through. I've gone from a pauper to a prince to back to a pauper again in 6 years, experiencing many facets of life(good and bad) in between. This time, I really appreciate my journey back to royalty because of the wisdom I've acquired thru prayer, mediation, and words from brothers like yourself, Big Brother O, Pan Africa, Isaiah, Samurai 36 and sisters like Purple, Queen, Destee and so on. It pains me to see the most beautiful people under the sun in such disarray. I pray daily that the creator will enlighten me with a prompt viable remedy that will begin to alleviate our worst ills.

9. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    what up keita

A journey that most of us do not come up out of. I too was fortunate enough to listen to my inner voice and feel that some things were not right. The memories associated with those things are the most difficult things to swallow. However those memories are what humble me when i approach my mirrored image of me 18 years ago. as that youth who got envolved in some unfortunate incidents. Without that insight i would not be as real rounded as i am today. WE must continue to share because now they are trying to be like our former selves. We must show them that there is no difference between us and them. There reformation is our only hope. NO thing is more powerful in my observation that a collection of black people. just to observe them walking commands attention respect. WE must harnest that power. I stay in thier ear using lanqauge that they understand. there are only and have allways been us. We cant make the mistake of the generation before ours and disassociate ourselves from them. they are our response ablity. We have now diagnosised the problem. we must act even if we mess up first. we can learn from that. hotep master teacher. They are the generation that will flourish under the next sun cycle. We have to prepare them.

10. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    That is a testament!!! Thanks

But since you have been personaly with the scholars,
    what do you see as a solution to the horrors we see and are coming ahead for the Black community?