Black People : About Our Hispanic Brothers

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I felt a need to speak on or about our hispanic brothers and sisters. All people on the earth with the exception of the African in America has something called "cultural cement". Cultural cement is that which holds them together as a group with a common cause and heritage. For those we deem as our spanish brothers, there are two types. There are those who alien themselves with the father and those who alien themselves with the mother.

The first type is the white looking spanish brother who generally aliens themselves with the father...the white conqueror that we call Spain. The second type aliens themselves with the mother or Taino Indian who was naturally darker in complexion. It was Spain that exiled the African Moors out of Spain in 1503 to the islands of Hispanol. It was the mixture of the African, the Taino Indian and the white Spainard that produced what we now call a Puerto Rican.

In the islands that are called "hispanic", the darker or African type is going through the same thing we are here in America. Those are not the type that we generally encounter here in America. They as a people have to uphold Christorpher Columbus where as we condemn him. Already we see a historical and cultural difference right there in that.

As a group their cultural cement is their language. When we turn on our tv. we see about four or five spanish channels. Where are ours at? They have about 10 banks in New York, not counting the rest of the nation. Where are ours at? They have their own food products in all the supermarkets in this country called "Goya" and other names. Where are ours at? In general it is their stores that occupy our community among other groups. In other words, even in their eyes we are looked at as the group to capitalize off of.

I mention all of this to reveal "one thing and one thing only"..."their struggle is not our struggle", pure and simple!! We can regard them anyway we want to but reality speaks for itself. I'm not into the word games and the idea of adopting any other family members who are not in the same boat that we as Africans in America are. I say all of this to also say that we need a reality check in terms of the politics, the history and the ultimate reality that "ONLY WE AS A GROUP ARE GOING THROUGH". Anything outside of this is secondary to me, and by right it should be to you also. When does it cease to be secondary? It will cease to be so when we are on equal footing...until then, I ain't trynna hear ***** !!!

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Well...I do agree with what is said...Our struggle is just that...Ours alone!

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Would you sympathize with "those darker African type" of Hispanics if they disregard their Blackness, and opt to pledge allegiance to being a Latino? Based upon my observation; (when the stuff hits the fan) many align themselves with the "Latino struggle", not the Black struggle. Would that type of Afro-Latino be as much of an enemy, in your eyes?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    not an enemy, just not my brother.........

5. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    I actually thought he was quite precise with what he said, so why do I smell an attempt to try and make it something else?

Could it possibly be any plainer than this? Do we need to go around putting stickers on peoples heads in terms of who is going through what? Why can't something be understood for exactly how it is stated instead of trying to lift veils and find other covert meanings ?

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

Keita did have a point. I just don't like when folks reach all across the diaspora and 'reach out & touch' any and everybody who 'looks like us'. Sure they are our people, and are in a mess like us. I was just magnifying how A LOT of them would rather wave the "latino" flag in your face, over the Black lib flag. Why some American Blacks accept that is beyond me...yet, **** on Clarence Thomas, and Condoleeza Rice for doing the same exact thing(waving the American Republican 'flag'). I don't support either one. Maybe the tropical trees and exotic rain forests make those foreign diasporic Blacks seem a lot more innocent than they 'appear'. No, I am not dividing.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Keita ... you start out referring to them as Brothers and Sisters, yet end concluding they are not of us ... which is it?

Brother Keita ... i agree with the premise above, but i don't understand how you are putting this on the backs of "Hispanics." They did not take our "cultural cement" from us. Why are you putting this on them?

The above is simply amazing to me. You have "disected" "Hispanics" to the point that you can present 2 types of them, based on a paragraph of text?!! Do you know how foolish that sounds? How would you feel as a Black Man, if ANYONE suggested that there are only 2 types of Black People, based on a paragraph of text!?

It is so easy for me to blow a hole in what you've said above, and i don't hardly know nuth'n!

You say the first type is the spanish brother who aligns himself with his Father, and the second type aligns himself with his Mother. Okay. Those are your two types of "Hispanic" people. But what of those who align themselves with BOTH their Mother and Father? What of all the Sisters and how they align themselves??!!

How do you justify putting a whole people in a box of your making ... well .. make that 2 boxes?!

Amazing.

Brother Keita ... so if there are "some of them" that are ... going through the same thing we are here in america ... how are you determining which ones we can be kewl with, and which we ones we can't? Oh, so we can be kewl with the dark ones, but not the light ones, if they are going through some of what we're going through ... if they pass the dark paper bag test ... well, if we meet them outside the USA, because those type don't hardly come here ... well, wait ... i mean ... if they condemn Christopher Columbus ... but if they uphold him, that's a sign ... they aren't really like us ... no matter where we meet them, or what they're going through, or how dark they might be ... i think ... wait ... what?!!! ... could you explain this one moe again please.

So what ... they have their "cultural cement" and language ... what?! ... we spoze to hate all people that have that ... that have been able to hold on to that ... because we don't have ours?!! You already said that every people have this, except us! Okay. So we spoze ta hate on every other people, cause they are doing what we are not?!!!

Is it their fault that we don't have tv stations, banks, etc.? Has the enemy changed? Are we now living under "Hispanic Domination" vs "White Domination" ??

Every single group of people capitalize off of us, except us. That is not their fault, that we lay down like sheep to the slaughter, and allow this to continue to happen. We must make a change. We must love each other. We must support each other. We must stop killing each other. We must make these changes. It is not about them ... any of them ... it is about us. I really don't understand the point of this thread.

Brother Keita ... you're talking out of both sides of your mouth ... in your opening sentence, you refer to them as Brothers and Sisters ... even the title says "Brothers" ... you clearly said above, that some of them experience the same things we do?!! You say that some of them have African origin, just like us??!!! Yet now you say, their struggle is not our struggle. Is this a mixed message, or am i more slow than i thot?

You're not into word games??!! Then you better put them pictionary pieces away right now! What do you mean you aren't into word games?!! This entire thread is nothing but a word game ... the first word being ... "Hispanic." Who created that term? Who issued the definition for it? Who's definition of this word are you using Black Man?! Do you not realize that the vast majority of us can't agree on how to refer to our own selves ... yet here you are ... trying to put into a box ... "Hispanic" Folk ?? ... We, as a people, have gone from being called one word, to another word, to another word, to another word ... and still all confuzzled regarding it ... but you gonna bring us a word, about another people, and tell us what we're spoze to think of them ... when we've not collectively figured out what to think of our selves?!! This aint nuth'n but a word game.

You keep saying we as a group, and limiting it to "Africans in America" ... i'm very surprised at you Brother Keita. What about all the other Africans? It's just all about us now? Those in America?!!!

Brother Keita ... i know you are impressed with your own knowledge and stuff ... as am i ... but what makes you think ... that which is secondary to you, by right, should be secondary to us?

Here's a thread i started more than 3 years ago ... Are Latinos / Hispanics - "Africans" Too? ... it has thousands of posts, indicating that we all have varied thoughts regarding those we share this earth with. I don't know that my question was definitively answered, but you and others might enjoy the diversity of opinion, and knowledge, found in that thread.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Re: "the white conqueror that we call Span."

Hold up!!

Mistake number one, and it's a major one. First off, when did Al-Andulus, or Andalucia become "Spain" ??!!

Do you realize that this region was at an earlier period known as GRANADA, which was the homeland of the Black GRiMALDI MAN thousands of years before the "white man" evolved!!?? That His prototype was typical of Hannibal and the Carhaginians and their Black cousins, the early Phoenicians??!!

By the way, "Cris Colon" was not "Spanish". He was ITALIAN...the same Italians that the Mexicans celebrate defeating in the Battle of Puebla, which leads them to commemorate Cinco de Mayo!!

Furthermore, what you label as "Spain" was actually a small, northern province known as Navarre., or Aragon. However, before king ferdinand this region had predominantly BLACK centers of commerce and arts and science such as SEVILLE, in "Al-Andulus, and the Kings of Denia traced their lineage to a line of the Islamic prophets going back to MECCA, not Morocco, which means they were descendants of Ishmael and hs mother HAGAR, A BLACK EGYPTIAN WOMAN!!??

amazing......

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Now...let's take a look at the His-Story of GANADA and trace it back to the NASRID DYNASTY

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/nasr/hd_nasr.htm

Further examination of Nasrid ART will lead one back to the ALMOHADS. What is the ORIGIN of the ALMOHADS??!!

Are the "Almohads" considered "Africans"??

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    To further support this assertion:

http://www.ark-of-salvation.org/race.htm

Please read carefully especially the section dealng with the ALMORAVIDS.

Check the timeline. BLACK DOMINATED AL_ANDULUS from 711-1492. That is 781 years!!

This is a time period longer than the 514 years since 1492 in which the "BLACKAMOORS" were defeated.

Read carefully what the articles say concerning the "MOORISH" culture that remains intact today in Al-ANDULUS!!

Also, check the culture heritage of "Spanish" explorers such as ESTEVANICO....who was A BLACK MAN!!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are black people our brothers

2. black people are our brothers