Black Sports : About last night's The ONE fight...

Fieldpea

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 15, 2005
The 602
Yaw please excuse my french, but when it comes to boxing I view it and describe the action the way I should (I suppose), since I was skooled in *how to truly see fight action* by one of my brothers-in-law--he was a former amateur boxer who fought while a member of the air force. He and I would tune into one of the local LA tv stations that would show Ali fights in full every Saturday. At the time, I didn't like Ali because I thought he was a big mouf show off. My brother-in-law, however, told me there was no way I should think that way--that Ali, when boxing, was the greatest ever, so, to begin with my bro-in-law would pay me 5 dollars to sit with him to watch Ali fights, and then, round by round, he'd tell me things like when a punch connected and when it didn't, and he talked it in terms of type of punch, strategy, footwork, hand speed--all of it.

And I eventually learned. Got to where I didn't need to be paid anymore (after about 5 or so weeks in all). We watched complete Ali fights for a full year. Every Saturday afternoon. Anyhow....about last night's fight...I watched it with both of my sons, one of my brothers, and a nephew *with his Mexican girlfriend*...lol.

Oh, we ALL talked ish, all through the fight...and the Mexi chick was *real quiet*. ALL of my kinfolk thought Canelo would be *The ONE*--the one who'd finally take Mayweather down. No lie...I was the only one who was CERTAIN that Mayweather would do his job. In fact, I was so sure that I strongly recommended to my youngest that he 'save his money' ($75, pay-per-view HD) and not order it, but to just look up the results online but...

The fight:

Mayweather *skooled him some Canelo* start to finish. It was some funny ish to watch, too--especially in the 7th round when Canelo actually tried him some rope-a-dope! Mayweather didn't cooperate (by getting his self knocked out *or even hit*), though.....all he did was score all over Canelo with rapid combinations...and when Canelo tried to *surprise* Mayweather by bolo-ing out the blue with a right cross, Mayweather was already sliding back slightly (out of distance) from a stupid looking Canelo....you could see the frustration in his face. I swear that mess was funny!

Mayweather took the whole fight, but one judge scored it even (what a joke). Everybody watching at my spot agreed that the one judge did that so that all of the Mexicans in the arena wouldn't riot because that *** whupping was so thorough (and embarassing to all them Mexicans who'd been talking all that head before the fight).

Mayweather: He's got 4 fights to go and then he retires, and when he does retire, today's pro fight game will have finished devolving into something only as interesting as today's pro wrestling. Nothing but wild, brute brawl. No skill, no dance, no hand speed, no stinging jab, no skill no mo.

Plenty $$$ to be made, though--Mexicans, or Latinos, generally--will be the main target market for any future bucks to be made in the pro fight game. If there's any hope for boxing skill to survive at all, it will take some up-and-comer to keep that kind of thing alive--maybe after the 2016 Olympic Games--something like this.

Mayweather is probably the last truly *skilled* boxer left in the pro game, and age 36 or not, true afficionados of the pro fight game KNOWS that Mayweather is not only The ONE, but that he is also The LAST ONE, too.

If real boxing is to survive in the very near future (next 24 months, in fact), then Mayweather is how it happens, win or lose.

What say you?

One Love, and PEACE

That was not even a fight last night, it was, however, a Money sparring session. And when I say money, I mean the nick and payout.

My oldest son said the same thing--that the fight looked like Canelo was Mayweather's sparring partner--that all he was doing was just standing around and getting tagged from all kinds of angles.

Right after the fight, Canelo said that no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't catch up with him (Mayweather). He said that Mayweather beat him because he had alot of *intelligence*. Said that Mayweather 'missed' alot of his shots at him, too. Nah. Trust, he tagged Canelo almost at will. Nearly 50% efficiency according to the post-fight computron thing they do. That number sounds about right. Canelo was at about 22% efficiency. That'd be body shots at Mayweather, and still nowhere near enough to justify a split decision from one of those judges, neither.

No knock downs or knock outs, so it should have rested on points only.

Which is why there is now some serious questioning about that judge's fitness at the championship levels, too.

One Love, and PEACE

Yaw please excuse my french, but when it comes to boxing I view it and describe the action the way I should (I suppose), since I was skooled in *how to truly see fight action* by one of my brothers-in-law--he was a former amateur boxer who fought while a member of the air force. He and I would tune into one of the local LA tv stations that would show Ali fights in full every Saturday. At the time, I didn't like Ali because I thought he was a big mouf show off. My brother-in-law, however, told me there was no way I should think that way--that Ali, when boxing, was the greatest ever, so, to begin with my bro-in-law would pay me 5 dollars to sit with him to watch Ali fights, and then, round by round, he'd tell me things like when a punch connected and when it didn't, and he talked it in terms of type of punch, strategy, footwork, hand speed--all of it.

And I eventually learned. Got to where I didn't need to be paid anymore (after about 5 or so weeks in all). We watched complete Ali fights for a full year. Every Saturday afternoon. Anyhow....about last night's fight...I watched it with both of my sons, one of my brothers, and a nephew *with his Mexican girlfriend*...lol.

Oh, we ALL talked ish, all through the fight...and the Mexi chick was *real quiet*. ALL of my kinfolk thought Canelo would be *The ONE*--the one who'd finally take Mayweather down. No lie...I was the only one who was CERTAIN that Mayweather would do his job. In fact, I was so sure that I strongly recommended to my youngest that he 'save his money' ($75, pay-per-view HD) and not order it, but to just look up the results online but...

The fight:

Mayweather *skooled him some Canelo* start to finish. It was some funny ish to watch, too--especially in the 7th round when Canelo actually tried him some rope-a-dope! Mayweather didn't cooperate (by getting his self knocked out *or even hit*), though.....all he did was score all over Canelo with rapid combinations...and when Canelo tried to *surprise* Mayweather by bolo-ing out the blue with a right cross, Mayweather was already sliding back slightly (out of distance) from a stupid looking Canelo....you could see the frustration in his face. I swear that mess was funny!

Mayweather took the whole fight, but one judge scored it even (what a joke). Everybody watching at my spot agreed that the one judge did that so that all of the Mexicans in the arena wouldn't riot because that *** whupping was so thorough (and embarassing to all them Mexicans who'd been talking all that head before the fight).

Mayweather: He's got 4 fights to go and then he retires, and when he does retire, today's pro fight game will have finished devolving If you still eat Church’s chicken, we should inform you that your arteries are probably clogged. Go see a doctor, NOW.

something only as interesting as today's pro wrestling. Nothing but wild, brute brawl. No skill, no dance, no hand speed, no stinging jab, no skill no mo.

Plenty $$$ to be made, though--Mexicans, or Latinos, generally--will be the main target market for any future bucks to be made in the pro fight game. If there's any hope for boxing skill to survive at all, it will take some up-and-comer to keep that kind of thing alive--maybe after the 2016 Olympic Games--something like this.

Mayweather is probably the last truly *skilled* boxer left in the pro game, and age 36 or not, true afficionados of the pro fight game KNOWS that Mayweather is not only The ONE, but that he is also The LAST ONE, too.

If real boxing is to survive in the very near future (next 24 months, in fact), then Mayweather is how it happens, win or lose.

What say you?

One Love, and PEACE

For years I actually stopped watching boxing and last nights fight proved to me that Money is so far ahead of the game and there is a serious gap in talent that is so wide that I may stick to WWE lol!

I think your points are right on. I don't find boxing remotely entertaining anymore. The funniest party of last nights match was when some of the audience chanted "USA" and got drowned out by a chorus of boos. But near the end of the fight Canelo fans were obviously demoralized.

There is no way this was an even draw so that one judge must have been watching a different fight.

The only thing I didn't like is that when these fights were on HBO they used to recap round by round. Last night they didn't show the punch stats until after the fight. I don't see how folks criticize Money for fighting defensively when he threw over 500 punches (correct me if I'm wrong) and connected on 46%. Fact is he OUTPUNCHED Canelo by about 2:1. Amazing considering his age.

There is no way this was an even draw so that one judge must have been watching a different fight.

That judge is on some other ish and since judging in boxing is not regulated, nothing will really come of it. Remember, this is the same judge that gave a BS score for that Pacquiao (s/p) fight. Teddy Atlas stated it best after the fight in his commentary.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back