? About Guest

medusanegrita

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
When I came to Destee, I was a guest. I got to read only about 2 pages of 2 threads before it said something like 'that's about all the perusin you can do. Become a member now or you don't get to view any more' - so I became a member.

But I notice when I read a lot of these threads, they have a LOT of guest reading them, many times there are more guests than members, and I wonder if they are random folks just passing through on the few threads they are allowed to read, or if they are like permanent guests where they are allowed to read indefinitely but aren't able to posts? If the latter is true, then why wasn't I afforded that luxury?

Not taking it personal, just wonderin.

Like you said they are random guests passing through and they read
and see no more then what you did, but i'm sure Mother Queen Destee
can break it down better then i can......it's how our system works and only
allow so much .

I hope i was able to answer your question

When I came to Destee, I was a guest. I got to read only about 2 pages of 2 threads before it said something like 'that's about all the perusin you can do. Become a member now or you don't get to view any more' - so I became a member.

But I notice when I read a lot of these threads, they have a LOT of guest reading them, many times there are more guests than members, and I wonder if they are random folks just passing through on the few threads they are allowed to read, or if they are like permanent guests where they are allowed to read indefinitely but aren't able to posts? If the latter is true, then why wasn't I afforded that luxury?

Not taking it personal, just wonderin.

Good Morning Sister ... ask anything you'd like ... no offense taken at all ... :love:

Search engine robots can read indefinitely, and folk who know how to get around the feature could also, but the majority experience what you did, I hope.

Well, it's really 5 pages you can read, before being prompted to register or login, if no mistake.

Based on your testimony, it's working like it should, encouraging folk to at least register if they're gonna read us. Look! We Got You! :toast:

Hope this answers your question, if not, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Hi Sister Destee and Medusa aaand Rich :)

I'm seeing some threads on here with 12k views, and I'm like 'whoa' - what's the haps?

It could be very well be that 20% of those are lurkers (folks who signed up just to read, but don't post) and 30% are active members while the remaining 50% are curious ones who google stuff that isn't answered anywhere else but here (because we handling our BIN'NIZ and talking about whatever it is that needs to be talked about intelligently).

Nahm'sayin? -_-

One,

- Ikoro

I was only able to read about three times (refresh or go to another page that is) before I was told to become a member. Since then, I have learned that there are ways around being able to view threads without signing in or becoming a member, but even with those methods, at some point, you are told to sign up or that if you are a member, to sign in. It's best to just go on ahead and become a member and if you don't want to post, just sign in to read if that is what one chooses to do.

W.I.P :whip:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back