Black Women : Abortion

On The Contrary, Phynxofkmt, Here Is Just One Case In Point...

Calif. DA may seek death penalty in Peterson case (4/21/2003)

Law enforcement officials said Monday they have a strong case against Scott Peterson in the killings of his wife Laci and unborn son, and that if he is convicted in a trial, they will likely seek the death penalty.

''I'm very confident in the case as it is, and I believe as time goes by, it will get even stronger,'' Stanislaus County District Attorney James Brazelton told ABC News. ''It's hard for me to realistically believe it is anything but a death penalty case at this time.''

Under California law, a person convicted of a special circumstance allegation, such as multiple murder, must be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, or to death.

Prosecutors customarily decide whether to seek a death sentence after a preliminary hearing in which a judge decides whether they have enough evidence to bring the case to trial.

Stay Well, Family

Lokman

A Missive to JFP...

JFP wrote: ''if you are not a woman what is it that makes you feel as if you have a place to tell women what they should do? i do not notice no sisters advising males on having vasectomies.''

First, JFP, put your camera down and actually read my offering. Because nowhere in my piece did Lokman advise women on this matter. Lokman simply placed a philosophical conflict and contradiction squarely in the Cross-Hairs of the readers mind scope. (For your convenience, JFP, that would be page 2, post#19.)

Second, has it ever occurred to you, JFP, that there may be issues at stake here far beyond the purview of your vast native intelligence?...Yes, NO, Maybe?

Third, rather than address my brief philosophical construct of which you clearly did not either read or understand, please present grounds for sufficient pleading to underscore your own position; after which, the readers here may weigh the weight and wisdom of your arguments for themselves.

To Loving Ourselves for Good Reason,

Lokman

Brother Jahari Kavi, your statement here is presented as fact - what evidence do you offer to support your position? And what exactly is your definition of promiscuous? One partner out of wedlock? One - 10 Partners out of wedlock? more, less, what is your perimeter of judgment for promiscuous?

Intelligent Noir and Jahari Kavi, what percentage of abortions are performed on womben who are in commited or marital relations? Any ideas at all or are you just voicing opinions?

For those of you who consider abortion murder, who would you care to indict on charges? The medical establishment, and the mother, and the father and possibly family members who participate in undue influence to a vulnerable and scared mother?

For those of you who call abortion murder do you blanket all procedures as such or are you selective in the processes? Do you care if the child has severe genetic malformation? Are you willing to provide the resources of emotional and sometimes economic support that a mother may need to give birth to her child without the support of her partner and family?

For those who lay down the law and pass judgement have you known any womban who has had the procedure(s) and suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result? Do you seek to make this information more available to those womben considering the procedure, do you feel it is part of making an informed decision? How many of the people who have made a post on this subejct are aware of the depression and suicidal tendency rates amongst womben who have abortions? There are virtually no support systems in place after the procedures and there remains a stigma and judgment of "promiscuity" for someone who may already be spiritually lost or suffering.

Do those of you who consider abortion a result of "promiscuity" also consider HIV/AIDS a result of "promiscuity"? If not, why not?

I personally find labels and judgments like "promiscuous" ludicrous and hypacritical, since most of the worlds population is certainly not born into wedlock, nor were they necessarily planned for!

I will prepare a brief on this subject when time permits because I find it a social and political arena that extends into a broader sense of morality, but in the search of justice and Maat it must be considered in a scope of knowledge and not just feelings.

Peace

I didn't mean to sound condescending in my post. What I do mean is that most individuals who choose to get an abortion did so after having consensual sexual relations. My sister was born out of wedlock, my brother was born out of wedlock, I myself got a girl pregnant out of wedlock. So trust me when I say I'm not trying to sound holier than thou. Arguing over semantics isn't really addressing the issue at hand. Regardless of who you think should have a choice in the matter, the point is that most people who are sexually active are aware of the consequences of their actions. When unexpected pregnancies or STDs come into play sometimes these following reasons are often brought up (by the people who have experienced it)

a.) not caring about yourself...which can be linked low self esteem...which I believe effects a lot of our people
b.) getting caught up in the heat of the moment
c.) not having protection
d.) not taking the time to think about the consequences
e.) condom breaking
f.) "i didn't think it could happen to me"

and the list goes on

The point in all of this is that you as a consenting individual are aware of the consequences when you "choose" to lay down with another individual. I've heard the arguments of "not being knowledgeable" and I'm not buying it. Kids I knew in elementary, junior high and highschool were aware of the problems that can arise from sexual intercourse. Kids I talk to today know a lot about sex, although we try to downplay it as a society. When it comes to this subject matter it is one that people with different opinions have to agree to disagree on. Arguing over it is pointless to an extent, because when it comes down to it, a lot of us view what a human life actually is differently.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back