Black Parenting : Abortion

Welcom Kaguvi!

I was going to respond to this earlier, but I got sidetracked. Anyway, I think it depends on the individual. I'm not for it and I'm not strongly against it either. There are many factors that play into someone decision to abort. Like being able to provide, being to young, and/or being able to live with the fact, you have a child somewhere that you put up for adoption.

As for myself, it was the wrong decision for me, it broke my heart to go through that procedure. From the moment of conception, I felt and knew I was pregnant. I immediately felt a connection to the fetus. I wouldn't say that it doesn't know of it's being. Scientist doesn't know or understand everything. From the time sperm enters the womb, the race to survive is on. I just can't fanthom that, as it not knowing it wants to live/be.

I can't say if it's right our wrong for anyone else to abort, I know it just wasn't right for me. Sometimes we just don't know who we are until we experience certain things. One thing I do know, I should have put more thought into the possible outcome of my decision to have sex. Abortion shouldn't be taken for granted, or as a means of preventing unwanted children. The best thing for this, is protecting yourself from the very beginning.

As for the women who are sexually assualted, I can imagine the pain they feel when making this decision. Its one thing to abort a child from your own negligence. Its another thing having to make this decision, when you aren't responsible from the jump start.

Abortion shouldn't be the alternative, but protecting yourself from the beginning should.

I don't think life is at the bottom of the totem pole Sis. Life can be is very difficult for many. Some can barely make it, let alone bring a new life into this world. Have you seen the statics for suicide?

Theres this saying, " If I can do it, so can you." I find that statement not to be loo% true. Everyone is functioning at different mental levels. What might work for you, maynot work for me. Simple because my method of dealing with it, have not reached the capacity of the way you deal with certain situations.

Life is beautiful, but some just don't know how to find that beauty.

PurpleMoons said:
I don't think life is at the bottom of the totem pole Sis. Life can be is very difficult for many. Some can barely make it, let alone bring a new life into this world. Have you seen the statics for suicide?

Theres this saying, " If I can do it, so can you." I find that statement not to be loo% true. Everyone is functioning at different mental levels. What might work for you, maynot work for me. Simple because my method of dealing with it, have not reached the capacity of the way you deal with certain situations.

Life is beautiful, but some just don't know how to find that beauty.
Yes I know all about suicide very very personally... They should use condoms..that line about barely making it yet bring a new life into this world..is a bunch of crap...condoms are free at the clinic..hell they are cheaper than abortions!! wtf...no excuses!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back