Black Parenting : Abortion

Sefirot said:
Hmmm. Not a woman, but I would gladly and most willfully risk dieing for my Child if it meant that my Child might live.
I wonder if the will to take such a risk would change for some if the child were already born.

I recall when I was a child and the pastor asked all to stand who were ready if Jesus called for them. I remained seated :)

I guess it depends on the individual.

This would be a hard decision to make for me if I had other living children.
What will your other kids do without you?
Who will raise them and the unborn?
In life you must make difficult choices.
There is always a positive and a negative aspect of each choice you make.

This is a very touchy subject for me for I am adopted. My mother knew that she was not ready for me but instead of aborting me, she carried me so that someone else without the ability to have a child may know the joy. She could of been like so many of that time and been liberated and say that it was her body and no way was she going to let a child inconvience her. Instead she accept her situation and was a blessing to someone else. She turned her lemons into lemonade.

Having said all that I must confess that I am still pro-choice. I believe that the government should not be about to legislate your physical body. However morally I think abortion is wrong. But wrongdoing is going to be with us always and there are many things that are morally wrong that we do not legislate. I believe that each individual will have to stand before their maker and justified their actions. So let it be between them and their God.

asimplepoet said:
This is a very touchy subject for me for I am adopted. My mother knew that she was not ready for me but instead of aborting me, she carried me so that someone else without the ability to have a child may know the joy. She could of been like so many of that time and been liberated and say that it was her body and no way was she going to let a child inconvience her. Instead she accept her situation and was a blessing to someone else. She turned her lemons into lemonade.

Having said all that I must confess that I am still pro-choice. I believe that the government should not be about to legislate your physical body. However morally I think abortion is wrong. But wrongdoing is going to be with us always and there are many things that are morally wrong that we do not legislate. I believe that each individual will have to stand before their maker and justified their actions. So let it be between them and their God.

I'm happy to know you had a terrific family to raise and love you.
Your biological mama I'm sure loved you too,so much she made sure you had a good life.:spinstar:
Much love to you boo!

This should really be discussed on a "white site" since it was they who came up with this so called "intimate definition of what is and what is not life". The fact is that: Life is in the DNA, the very sperm cell that swims to impregnate the egg. What do white people know of the "consciousness of something so finite"?

They measure what they can and speculate on what they can't measure. We, being miseducated by them and their definitions, follow suit in "how they define reality and life".
Then we sit back and wonder why we are not progressing or moving forward as a people ! INCREDIBLE !!!

I think when you are pregnant you have to live for the both of you...

cursed heart said:
I'd have to disagree with this.
I had a friend who was VIOLENTLY raped and conceived and there is no way I would have had that child.

In this instance I will have to disagree with you. My heart personally goes to ones faced in this situation. Being raped is bad yes, but I don't see where turning around and killing your offspring because of the way he was conceived is justifiable. Just because something bad happens doesn't mean that it's over. It's not the child's fault that his father raped his mother. I would think that this child deserves love just like everybody else and to say that their conception determines if they live is wrong. God can turn things around.

I don't know, but my 13 year old daughter thanks God that I chose to have her and did not let my fears wipe her existance away. I was 14 years old when I got pregnant. I was still playing with dolls myself and now I was going to mother, I didn't want that. My father was outraged, he took me to Planned Parenthood to get an abortion, but something deep down inside of me knew that it was wrong. I was scared out of my mind, I didn't want to be put in that situation, but I knew that the fetus growing inside of me was counting on me to live for her. So that's why I have to disagree, from personal experience ~ no matter how hard we think things are going to be, God always shows up and gets us through it...to learn something and grow.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back