Black Parenting : Abortion

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by kaguvi, Oct 23, 2005.

1. kaguvi

kaguvi Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    In my opinion

The fetus is a person, but it is neither conscious or has sensations. In order to develop these faculties it must be born, and even then these faculties are very limited. Since the fetus is a person who is unaware, it has no preference to life or death, because it is not even aware it exists. So since no preference exists from the perspective of the fetus, the decision is up to that of the mother.
    Think of it this way, imagine killing someone in their sleep except the person has never been awake to form beliefs et cetera. Killing them makes no difference to the 'sleeping beauty' because they do not even realize they are alive, so likewise we should be able to kill the fetus.
    In short if a fetus is a person it does not have any of the qualities we normally look for in a person, therefore, it does not need the same consideration as conscious, self aware, feeling people.

what do you think ?

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I agree partially. In the very early stages of life, when a person is a zygote, they are nothing more than a bunch of cells. They do have a bit of a human form, but without a developed brain, whose to say that they can feel pain and be aware like a normal baby?

However, in the latter months of the pregnancy, (starting as early as 4), the fetus starts to look more human and does appear to have some awareness. In fact there have been premies born at around 5 months that have survived infancy. My brother was born at 6 months... me at 7. If my mom had the attitude that we were not people because we weren't 9 months, my brother and I would not be here today!

But anyway, as far as abortion... in my personal opinion it is not as bad if it is done when the fetus is a zygote... 1 to 3 months (this is when most abortions are done anyway). If it's done later, then it needs to be for a good reason, like if the child is deformed in such a way that they can't have a good quality of life, or they have a deadly condition in which they will die out of the womb anyway. And since the child is more aware, measures need to be taken so that they won't feel pain!

3. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Abortion is murder no ifs and or buts about it...the only way i wouldnt really have a problem is if the mother was raped,all that other sh** is a bunch of bull crap! :peace:

4. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I second that. If a woman can go and get an abortion, why should I spend time in jail for taking another man's life that is walking down the street? If I were to do so, I mean. No woman, no man, should have the right to make a decision as to whether or not another human life gets to live or not.

To say that a person becomes more human during the 4th and 5th months and thereby making it more inhumane to abort them is very odd.

Seasons neither begin nor end, but change. Likewise, it is the same with all life.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Kaguvi ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

It could be said that many who have been born, are unconscious, not aware, or feeling people.

Is it okay to kill them too ... i mean ... if this is the criteria?

Please make yourself at home, because you are.

:heart:

Destee

6. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Welcom Kaguvi!

I was going to respond to this earlier, but I got sidetracked. Anyway, I think it depends on the individual. I'm not for it and I'm not strongly against it either. There are many factors that play into someone decision to abort. Like being able to provide, being to young, and/or being able to live with the fact, you have a child somewhere that you put up for adoption.

As for myself, it was the wrong decision for me, it broke my heart to go through that procedure. From the moment of conception, I felt and knew I was pregnant. I immediately felt a connection to the fetus. I wouldn't say that it doesn't know of it's being. Scientist doesn't know or understand everything. From the time sperm enters the womb, the race to survive is on. I just can't fanthom that, as it not knowing it wants to live/be.

I can't say if it's right our wrong for anyone else to abort, I know it just wasn't right for me. Sometimes we just don't know who we are until we experience certain things. One thing I do know, I should have put more thought into the possible outcome of my decision to have sex. Abortion shouldn't be taken for granted, or as a means of preventing unwanted children. The best thing for this, is protecting yourself from the very beginning.

As for the women who are sexually assualted, I can imagine the pain they feel when making this decision. Its one thing to abort a child from your own negligence. Its another thing having to make this decision, when you aren't responsible from the jump start.

Abortion shouldn't be the alternative, but protecting yourself from the beginning should.

7. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    315 dollars aint worth your soul=Common

Life is on the bottom of the totem pole in amerikkka **** shame...

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I don't think life is at the bottom of the totem pole Sis. Life can be is very difficult for many. Some can barely make it, let alone bring a new life into this world. Have you seen the statics for suicide?

Theres this saying, " If I can do it, so can you." I find that statement not to be loo% true. Everyone is functioning at different mental levels. What might work for you, maynot work for me. Simple because my method of dealing with it, have not reached the capacity of the way you deal with certain situations.

Life is beautiful, but some just don't know how to find that beauty.

9. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Where there's blood......there's life:nono:

10. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    Yes I know all about suicide very very personally... They should use condoms..that line about barely making it yet bring a new life into this world..is a bunch of crap...condoms are free at the clinic..hell they are cheaper than abortions!! wtf...no excuses!