Black People : Abortion: pro-choice or pro-life ?

Proud&Ashamed

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 4, 2010
I hope i posted this in the right section, i'm really not sure about it.
The abortion debate is quite popular, so excuse me if such a thread has already been made, i haven't seen any and i haven't seen any search button either. If such a thread has already been made, could you please post the link to it? I'm very curious about the opinions of the members of this forum on the subject.

So, everything is in the title. Are you pro-choice or pro-life? Why? Do you think it should be legal or not?

I am completely okay with it if the pregnancy puts the mother's life or health in danger in any way, a mother shouldn't be forced to die for her kid(s). But when i think about all these girls who don't use any protection at all, thinking that it isn't necessary as they will "just" get an abortion if they get pregnant, it really disgusts me. I don't think abortion should be legal for such people, but then what about women who have been raped? Or what if the condom breaks/birth control fails?
It's quite a complex subject, i don't really know where i stand yet. What about you?

Abortion has been around for thousands of years. Regardless of the reason, women will continue to do it.

I don't think the government should be involved with it(anti-abortion legislation), as it would be a waste of money. The only exception would be late term abortions unless the mother is in danger.

Personally, I think it is morally wrong but it is not my decision to make for someone else.

I've known of people who were emotionally scarred for years after having an abortion....

Therefore the question comes to my mind to what extent should the government go to protect people from themselves?

The government steps in to protect people from themselves as it pertains to other matters such as drugs, health care etc., what about abortion?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back