Law Forum : Abortion: Are You "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

"Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

• I am Female and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -I am Female and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
My issue with what you say is in regard to rape. I don't care who has birthed a child from rape....but to allow something to grow inside of you from RAPE....is something that I truly have no comment on. As a women I have been touched inappropriately....it is something you don't forget. I don't relive it everyday, but I will always remember how I felt. I can't imagine.....being raped....violated in that way. You got the nerve to say that others have done it?!! Others have done a lot of things. How dare you foolishly say that just because someone else can do it,others should be able to? This is not one of those things.Fall back on this one.

So let us be clear in what I actually said....
Lastly there many women who have been rape and have had the child and appears happy with the child.....some regret having had an abortion. So it runs the gamut among rape victims who have become pregnant[/quote]

So you see nowhere in there did I say -
because someone else can do it,others should be able to

I am not saying that to say you have to accept it, or that you will like it. The reality is not every woman reacts with wanting an abortion after finding out they are pregnant after being raped?......The idea being it is not a monolithic opinion among women.

Rape is a horrible thing and I do not wish it on anyone. I am not here supporting rape in anyway.

So here you have this violent despicable act being perpetrated on a woman, robbing her of her feelings of security and well being - her humanity.
Of What is the unborn Guilty? that it should be sentenced to death - the crimes of its father?

ITA
I escaped an attempted rape, by the grace of God, and the experience is always with me, though it has got easier. I can only imagine had been raped it would have been exponentially worse on me. I don't know how well I would handle the day-to-day pre-natal care of an unborn child from my attempted rapist for 40 weeks, or a lifetime. How would I motivate myself? And, how would I field all of the questions about the baby's Father from others, without having to relive the incident, for 40 weeks or a lifetime? What a nightmare!

Isn't it strange that the victim of rape should be made to feel a shame?
Where is that coming from?
Why is that?
Shouldn't the perpetrator be the one that is a shame?

ITA
I escaped an attempted rape, by the grace of God, and the experience is always with me, though it has got easier. I can only imagine had been raped it would have been exponentially worse on me. I don't know how well I would handle the day-to-day pre-natal care of an unborn child from my attempted rapist for 40 weeks, or a lifetime. How would I motivate myself? And, how would I field all of the questions about the baby's Father from others, without having to relive the incident, for 40 weeks or a lifetime? What a nightmare!

This is what I'm getting at. And you two sistas have explained it a way that I never could. Just read my posts to see the proof of this. I couldn't do it because I'm not a woman so I can't address it the same as a woman. This is why men shut keep out mouth shut when it comes to this subject. What we can empathize of it isn't worth a nickle.

Much luv and respect.....

Peace!

Why is that?
Why is that?

Frank, this is something you will never understand, most likely, imo. The sanctity of a woman's body cannot be put into words for you. You'll just have to take my word on this. Having a rapist's child inside of me would indeed make me feel sick and ashamed among a lot of other dreadful things.

Maybe you could identify with how YOU would feel if YOUR WIFE were pregnant and carrying a child from a man who had raped her. Would you love the child like he was your own? Even when he looked, spoke, and acted, like the rapist?

This is what I'm getting at. And you two sistas have explained it a way that I never could. Just read my posts to see the proof of this. I couldn't do it because I'm not a woman so I can't address it the same as a woman. This is why men shut keep out mouth shut when it comes to this subject. What we can empathize of it isn't worth a nickle.

Much luv and respect.....

Peace!

But, your moral support is much appreciated.

*smile*

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back