Law Forum : Abortion: Are You "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

"Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

• I am Female and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -I am Female and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
you have not heard me express any opinion on abortion. i have none.

No....I have not heard you express an opinion butt you have certainly posted a lot.......
""How about we treat every young man who wants to buy a gun like every woman who wants to get an abortion — mandatory 48-hr waiting period, parental permission, a note from his doctor proving he understands what he's about to do,

Here is an example of what your definition means. A married person can "Imagine" how a newly wed couple feels.

But a Man that has not been raped, and cannot get pregnant have no way of fully knowing what a woman feels when it happens to her.

Here is the thing. If I was wrong, I know the sistas on this board would tell me I was wrong.

Now take notes of the red wording and use them to understand the difference.
vicarious
/vɪˈkɛərɪəs; vaɪ-/
adjective
obtained or undergone
at second hand through sympathetic participation in another's experiences
suffered, undergone, or done as the substitute for another.

Peace!

No a Married person would have had a "DIRECT" or "FIRSTHAND" experience of what it is to be a Newly Wed not a Vicarious one....

TRY again.....

SECONDHAND
adjective
not directly known or experienced; obtained from others or from books.

sym·pa·thy
ˈsimpəTHē/
noun
  1. 1.
    feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune.

sym·pa·thet·ic
ˌsimpəˈTHedik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    feeling, showing, or expressing sympathy..
Good try though.... A for effort

Bad logic all around....SMH

So I will show you the flaw in it.

Really now.....Go ahead.
You have negleected to answer my question for a second time.
Your pathetic attempt to spin the meaning of empathy or to empathize crash and burned
Lets see what you have.

I like eating stake, but I don't think sick and maimed cows should be dragged to the slaughter. I think they should be put down in a humane way.

Health reasons aside....sick cows equate to sick meat.

Yeah people who believe and practice honor killings, love their woman folk, just as how you eat stake. Similarly they also believe that it is best to kill them, rather than let them become an embarrassment (sick or maimed) to the family. Which to them is the humane thing to do.

You see, a person can be a proponent of one thing, but not another.

Sure.....But When the fundamental supporting ideas are the same for both Issues, its called Cognitive Dissonance or Distorted Thinking.
Or selective morality for political correctness

Q.E.D.........quod erat demonstrandum.

Peace!

Again you have failed to prove your point

Again you have failed to prove your point

I proved my point long ago, but I'll be more direct this time.

Do you worry about being raped while walking at night, to your car, wearing a certain outfit, or waiting on the bus? Do you know how it feels to be raped, and become pregnant because of it?

If the answer is no, then I have proved that you can't fully empathize with a woman that has been raped and became pregnant because of it. You can't fully empathize with a woman that has fears and concerns that men don't have.

Being raped is the last thing on my mind when I'm out at night, or walking to my truck in a parking garage, etc...

Peace!

I proved my point long ago, but I'll be more direct this time.

Do you worry about being raped while walking at night, to your car, wearing a certain outfit, or waiting on the bus? Do you know how it feels to be raped, and become pregnant because of it?

If the answer is no, then I have proved that you can't fully empathize with a woman that has been raped and became pregnant because of it. You can't fully empathize with a woman that has fears and concerns that men don't have.

Being raped is the last thing on my mind when I'm out at night, or walking to my truck in a parking garage, etc...

Peace!

You think you have proved it but in reality you have not.

Using the adverb "fully" does not help your case.
'Fully' is in this regard superfluous.
For it to be of any import it would mean that one would have had to have had the experience of rape...In which in would no longer be vicarious but experiential. In any case both men and women have experienced rape.

Becoming pregnant because of rape is indeed awful, but the awfulness is in the act of the rape. It is the violent act of rape that makes the pregnancy appear awful. Perpetuating the violence against the innocent unborn child is not the remedy in my opinion.

Lastly there many women who have been rape and have had the child and appears happy with the child.....some regret having had an abortion. So it runs the gamut among rape victims who have become pregnant.

To answer your question directly, I do not know what it feels like to be pregnant but I can EMPATHIZE and SYMPATHIZE......because I am human and because Men and women are more alike than they are different.

No.....I do not worry much about being rape or robbed for that matter.......It has more to do with the "it won't happen to me syndrome" than reality.

Rape or sexual assault can happen to anyone regardless of sex. Thought on average it happens to women and girls a lot more than it does to men and boys.

Lastly for the third time you have not answered my question. here it is below....what say ye
Enki says:-Yes, it does give me the power of life and death over them. A baby that can't fend for it's self will die if no one fed it.
Frankster says :- So when some one is incapacitated by a automobile accident should we leave then to die on the road side because the are now incapable of fending for them selves?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back