Law Forum : Abortion: Are You "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

"Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

• I am Female and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -I am Female and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Angela22

IMO : males have no place in the discussion.....
I have to agree with this. I know it seems to be contradictory to my position on the baby being half the male's, but still. There's a lot that men seem to misunderstand when they join in the discussion.

Liberty

Banned
I have to agree with this. I know it seems to be contradictory to my position on the baby being half the male's, but still. There's a lot that men seem to misunderstand when they join in the discussion.
I kind of agree too, to some extent. While I think idealistically parenting should be mutually agreed upon. Because Mom's life is more impacted, ultimately she gets the last word if there is a disagreement

frankster

Motherly instincts for most women are stronger than any emotion you can ever have. Most Mom's and babies form an "attachment" in the course of the 9 months. The attachment is so strong Mom simply cannot conceive of anyone having baby's best interest more than she does, and that includes Dad, too. No matter how well meaning or how hard he tries. This is just my opinion. But, I think it is the natural order of things.
Yes that id true for most women.
What about those who give them up for adoption or "misses her pre-natal doctor appointments, drinks liquor, or smokes cigarettes, she might even use drugs"........do you think those type of wome of of " the natural order of things"?

frankster

So you want Fathers to be liable for parental responsibilities but have no say or representation of his own interest in a pregnancy that could not be without his participation.....

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
So you want Fathers to be liable for parental responsibilities but have no say or representation of his own interest in a pregnancy that could not be without his participation.....
:11100:when males feel a labor pain i will listen to what they have to say. until then.......

Liberty

Banned
Yes that id true for most women.
What about those who give them up for adoption or "misses her pre-natal doctor appointments, drinks liquor, or smokes cigarettes, she might even use drugs"........do you think those type of wome of of " the natural order of things"?
No, I don't. I think those women are dealing with some kind of psychological disorder or addiction. But, their Motherly instincts still exist, and they might WANT to be good Mothers, if they can get help and overcome the underlying problems.

Inanna

"Now, fellas, if you get a woman pregnant,
you only got two things to say.
Two ways to try it on.
Now, the first thing you can say is,
"Wow, I can't believe you're pregnant.
"I'm so happy. I can't wait for you to have
this baby. I love you so much." ...
That's cool.
Now, if you don't wanna say that,
you got one more choice.
A woman walks in the room,
tells you that she's pregnant,
you look her dead in the eye and you say...

"So whatchu gon' do?"

-Chris Rock, Never Scared

frankster

I kind of agree too, to some extent. While I think idealistically parenting should be mutually agreed upon. Because Mom's life is more impacted, ultimately she gets the last word if there is a disagreement
Agreed Moms lives are more impacted by a pregnancy......should that now entitle her to veto powers?
I say No.....
It is the best interest of the unborn child so far as we are able to elucidate alone that hold veto power.....except in cases of where the mothers life is in danger.

frankster

:11100:when males feel a labor pain i will listen to what they have to say. until then.......
Maybe you should heed your own advice
"IMO : males have no place in the discussion"
and stop........
" voicing opinion on something that [you] know nothing about"
pleas try to maintain that distance you recommend.....
"these 'men' should not get within 10 ft of the stuff"

Here is a question for you, if as you imply, that in order to have an opinion or knowledge on or of something one must experience it.....then all those surgeons who have never experience surgery should not be practicing medicine?.....
Agreed having the experience will add to your knowledge and is a great way to ascertain true knowledge but it is not the only way. Nor is it a guarantee that some who experiences an event or situation is now the most knowledgeable on the subject.