Law Forum : Abortion: Are You "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

"Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

• I am Female and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -I am Female and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Use the adverb "fully" does not help your case.
'Fully' is in this regard superfluous.
If you say so...

For it to be of any import it would mean that one has had to have experience rape...In which case both men and women have experienced rape.
You know, you are so right, men get raped just as much if not more than women. I know I wear turtle neck so my chest so I don't look to provocative while i'm out at night.:rolleyes:

Becoming pregnant because of rape is indeed awful, but the awfulness is in the act of the rape. It is the violent act of rape that makes the pregnancy appear awful.
Pure, and unadulterated tautology.....:research:

Perpetuating the violence against the innocent unborn child is not the remedy in my opinion.
Yes, it is your opinion. The problem come when people that have power pass laws based on their opinion.. You see if you were on a board and had to vote on this issue, the woman would not come out a winner. So she has the child, and as it often happens, the child is mistreated. Now are you will to accept the blame for that? Your black and white opinion has no place with this complex issue.

Or would you "FORCE" the mother to give up the child when it is born? What if her mother instinct says no? Oh I forgot, this issue is a simple one...My bad.

Lastly there many women who have been rape and have had the child and appears happy with the child.....some regret having had an abortion. So it runs the gamut among rape victims who have become pregnant.
Ok. What about the child that is abused by the mother because he is a product of being raped? Oh, how about the men that seek custody of the child?

To answer your question directly, I do not know what it feels like to be pregnant but I can EMPATHIZE and SYMPATHIZE......because I am human and because Men and women are more alike than they are different.
I know that, but you kept saying you did.

No.....I do not worry much about being rape or robbed for that matter.......It has more to do with the "it won't happen to me syndrome" than reality.
I'm done, you're arguing against facts now. Reality says women are raped more and that syndrome really has nothing to do with it. It's a reason why men think this way.....:qqb006:

You also have proved my point that men don't worry about the samething as women:news:

Also, does this really need to be said?
Rape or sexual assault can happen to anyone regardless of sex. Thought on average it happens to women and girls a lot more than it does to men and boys.

What you've said is a forgone conclusion am I right? So it would seem you have nothing else substantive to say on the matter.

Like I said, men don't face many of the issues that a woman does. Thanks for finally admitting it.

Nuff said.....:byebye:

Peace!

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
If you say so...
Yes....I say so

You know, you are so right, men get raped just as much if not more than women. I know I wear turtle neck so my chest so I don't look to provocative while i'm out at night.:rolleyes:
Know you are putting word in my mouth I never said.....That's just plain silly or worst dishonest

Pure, and unadulterated tautology.....:research:
Really is Pregnancy in and of it self a Good or Bad occurrence?
To me a pregnancy is usually a good thing.
Now for sure sometimes complications may accompany a pregnancy.
The Complications is not the pregnancy.

Yes, it is your opinion. The problem come when people that have power pass laws based on their opinion.. You see if you were on a board and had to vote on this issue, the woman would not come out a winner. So she has the child, and as it often happens, the child is mistreated. Now are you will to accept the blame for that? Your black and white opinion has no place with this complex issue.
If there is no threat to the mothers life and she desires an abortion then NO she would not come out the winner of my vote.....The unborn would - get my vote.

No I will not accept blame for that child's mistreatment. The perpetrator of the mistreatment should be held responsible. Answer me this your father commits a Rape should you be punished?

So You are going to save the child from mistreatment by murdering it.....Am I missing something. I think you should check your reasoning and logic.

Yes it is not a black and white issue their are nuances to it but you have you to highlight or bring one to the fore.

Or would you "FORCE" the mother to give up the child when it is born? What if her mother instinct says no? Oh I forgot, this issue is a simple one...My bad.
I would force no one.
If she wants the child its hers.
If she does not....their are alternatives to abortion.

Ok. What about the child that is abused by the mother because he is a product of being raped? Oh, how about the men that seek custody of the child?
Then the child should be taken from an abusive mother and let the law run its course.
If the Father have been found guilty of rape.....NO he should not get custody of the child.

I know that, but you kept saying you did.
I said I empathize, not that I know what it feels like to be pregnant.....If I did please show me.

I'm done, you're arguing against facts now. Reality says women are raped more and that syndrome really has nothing to do with it. It's a reason why men think this way.....:qqb006:
And I never said men were more often rape than women....please stop creating strawmen arguments and attributing them to me....It is Intellectually Dishonest

You also have proved my point that men don't worry about the samething as women:news:

Also, does this really need to be said?
Rape or sexual assault can happen to anyone regardless of sex. Thought on average it happens to women and girls a lot more than it does to men and boys.

What you've said is a forgone conclusion am I right? So it would seem you have nothing else substantive to say on the matter.

Like I said, men don't face many of the issues that a woman does. Thanks for finally admitting it.

Nuff said.....:byebye:

Peace!
Rape is not an issue that women alone face.....men are also raped. So your argument has little merit.
The fact that I do not worry about it is not grounds to say rape is not an issue for men.
Neither do I worry about being robbed, does that now means it is no longer an issue for men?

rapunzal24

Apr 2, 2011
You think you have proved it but in reality you have not.

Using the adverb "fully" does not help your case.
'Fully' is in this regard superfluous.
For it to be of any import it would mean that one would have had to have had the experience of rape...In which in would no longer be vicarious but experiential. In any case both men and women have experienced rape.

Becoming pregnant because of rape is indeed awful, but the awfulness is in the act of the rape. It is the violent act of rape that makes the pregnancy appear awful. Perpetuating the violence against the innocent unborn child is not the remedy in my opinion.

Lastly there many women who have been rape and have had the child and appears happy with the child.....some regret having had an abortion. So it runs the gamut among rape victims who have become pregnant.

To answer your question directly, I do not know what it feels like to be pregnant but I can EMPATHIZE and SYMPATHIZE......because I am human and because Men and women are more alike than they are different.

No.....I do not worry much about being rape or robbed for that matter.......It has more to do with the "it won't happen to me syndrome" than reality.

Lastly for the third time you have not answered my question. here it is below....what say ye
My issue with what you say is in regard to rape. I don't care who has birthed a child from rape....but to allow something to grow inside of you from RAPE....is something that I truly have no comment on. As a women I have been touched inappropriately....it is something you don't forget. I don't relive it everyday, but I will always remember how I felt. I can't imagine.....being raped....violated in that way. You got the nerve to say that others have done it?!! Others have done a lot of things. How dare you foolishly say that just because someone else can do it,others should be able to? This is not one of those things.Fall back on this one.

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
Occupation
Civil Eng.
My issue with what you say is in regard to rape. I don't care who has birthed a child from rape....but to allow something to grow inside of you from RAPE....is something that I truly have no comment on. As a women I have been touched inappropriately....it is something you don't forget. I don't relive it everyday, but I will always remember how I felt. I can't imagine.....being raped....violated in that way. You got the nerve to say that others have done it?!! Others have done a lot of things. How dare you foolishly say that just because someone else can do it,others should be able to? This is not one of those things.Fall back on this one.
:bowdown:

Peace!

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
ITA
I escaped an attempted rape, by the grace of God, and the experience is always with me, though it has got easier. I can only imagine had been raped it would have been exponentially worse on me. I don't know how well I would handle the day-to-day pre-natal care of an unborn child from my attempted rapist for 40 weeks, or a lifetime. How would I motivate myself? And, how would I field all of the questions about the baby's Father from others, without having to relive the incident, for 40 weeks or a lifetime? What a nightmare!

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
So let us be clear in what I actually said....
Lastly there many women who have been rape and have had the child and appears happy with the child.....some regret having had an abortion. So it runs the gamut among rape victims who have become pregnant[/quote]

So you see nowhere in there did I say -
because someone else can do it,others should be able to
I am not saying that to say you have to accept it, or that you will like it. The reality is not every woman reacts with wanting an abortion after finding out they are pregnant after being raped?......The idea being it is not a monolithic opinion among women.

Rape is a horrible thing and I do not wish it on anyone. I am not here supporting rape in anyway.

So here you have this violent despicable act being perpetrated on a woman, robbing her of her feelings of security and well being - her humanity.
Of What is the unborn Guilty? that it should be sentenced to death - the crimes of its father?

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
ITA
I escaped an attempted rape, by the grace of God, and the experience is always with me, though it has got easier. I can only imagine had been raped it would have been exponentially worse on me. I don't know how well I would handle the day-to-day pre-natal care of an unborn child from my attempted rapist for 40 weeks, or a lifetime. How would I motivate myself? And, how would I field all of the questions about the baby's Father from others, without having to relive the incident, for 40 weeks or a lifetime? What a nightmare!
Isn't it strange that the victim of rape should be made to feel a shame?
Where is that coming from?
Why is that?
Shouldn't the perpetrator be the one that is a shame?

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
Occupation
Civil Eng.
ITA
This is what I'm getting at. And you two sistas have explained it a way that I never could. Just read my posts to see the proof of this. I couldn't do it because I'm not a woman so I can't address it the same as a woman. This is why men shut keep out mouth shut when it comes to this subject. What we can empathize of it isn't worth a nickle.

Much luv and respect.....

Peace!

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Why is that?
Why is that?
Frank, this is something you will never understand, most likely, imo. The sanctity of a woman's body cannot be put into words for you. You'll just have to take my word on this. Having a rapist's child inside of me would indeed make me feel sick and ashamed among a lot of other dreadful things.

Maybe you could identify with how YOU would feel if YOUR WIFE were pregnant and carrying a child from a man who had raped her. Would you love the child like he was your own? Even when he looked, spoke, and acted, like the rapist?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
This is what I'm getting at. And you two sistas have explained it a way that I never could. Just read my posts to see the proof of this. I couldn't do it because I'm not a woman so I can't address it the same as a woman. This is why men shut keep out mouth shut when it comes to this subject. What we can empathize of it isn't worth a nickle.

Much luv and respect.....

Peace!
But, your moral support is much appreciated.

*smile*

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love: