Law Forum : Abortion: Are You "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

"Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"?

• I am Female and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -I am Female and I am Pro-Choice

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Life

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I am Male and I am Pro-Choice

• Total voters

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
If the GOP is successful and abortions become illegal once more... that won't stop them from happening. Think about it... when they became legal the 1st time it's not like people had to figure out how to perform them. They already knew how. Abortions will just become more dangerous and more expensive. do you really want to go back to back alley bootleg abortions where women hemorrhaged to death or became infertile?

I love my sisters more than I love legislation

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
I am against most abortion.....except in cases where it threatens the life of the Mother.
The Choice is before conception.....Once conception occurs it is a human life
Yes I believe if a man wants a woman to carry a child to term then the child should be his responsibility solely if she did not want to......... and vice versa.

I am against Planned Parenthood on the grounds that it is a racist eugenics organization....that continues to lynch Africans

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Fathers have choices. It comes at the beginning of the sex and not after it's all over
I can understand that, but still, it's half his child even after sex. She had a choice, too, no?

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
"How about we treat every young man who wants to buy a gun like every woman who wants to get an abortion — mandatory 48-hr waiting period, parental permission, a note from his doctor proving he understands what he's about to do, a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence, an ultrasound wand up the *** (just because). Let's close down all but one gun shop in every state and make him travel hundreds of miles, take time off work, and stay overnight in a strange town to get a gun. Make him walk through a gauntlet of people holding photos of loved ones who were shot to death, people who call him a murderer and beg him not to buy a gun.
It makes more sense to do this with young men and guns than with women and health care, right? I mean, no woman getting an abortion has killed a room full of people in seconds, right?"

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I am against most abortion.....except in cases where it threatens the life of the Mother.
The Choice is before conception.....Once conception occurs it is a human life
Yes I believe if a man wants a woman to carry a child to term then the child should be his responsibility solely if she did not want to......... and vice versa.

I am against Planned Parenthood on the grounds that it is a racist eugenics organization....that continues to lynch Africans
:11100:have you ever had a cramp?

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
I can understand that, but still, it's half his child even after sex. She had a choice, too, no?
Everyone has choices. I think the essence of the issue is that folks wait until the end to exercise choices than at the beginning

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
I did vote pro-choice although I HATE abortions. My very first abortion that I unfortunately had to assist in was in Nuremberg Germany at a military hospital believe it or not. It was a spontaneous abortion that did not evacuate completely. She was just at 3months. I can vividly see that image of a tiny arm to this day. This is what makes me hate abortions. I never assisted in another one. Even with that said, to force a woman to carry a child regardless of how she conceived it, I don't agree with it. If a woman finds herself in the position of being pregnant I think she should have every right to terminate. That's my position. Unfortunately I had to go along with my own mother to have one. It killed me! My mom had no choice either. Poor health and the advice of her doctor dictated it. She cried and cried because she wanted to have that baby. Extreme hypertension which she severely suffered from prevented it. She eventually died from it as well. So for many reason I must be pro-choice but I wish it didn't have to be that way.
Wow.. I can't imagine actually witnessing that. I do find it hard to support late term abortions unless there are extenuating circumstances, like your Mom's situation. When I was in High School my best friend had an abortion. And, I went with her for support. I see her a few times a year, but we have never talked about it since that day, when we were only sixteen. But, I still think about it. I wonder how she was able to do it without her parents knowing. I don't think a minor can get any other surgery without parental consent. And, I think about what her life would have been like if she had to drop out of school at 16 to have the baby. Especially, now that everybody knows the father of the child has come out of the closet and is flaming.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

• not sure

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: