Abdurratln violation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

In the spirit of Ramadan which will be upon us in a matter of days if not hours, I take this opportunity to offer As-Salam Alaikum: Ramadan Mubarak. I do this because I want to clear the air as much as possible. I think people are being sincere on this issue. But, we do have somewhat of a genuine misunderstanding. At first I thought it was just mud-slinging that goes back some 20 years or more. Now, I am inclined tot hink that there are technical matters that is causing confusion, at least from my own perspective.

So, let me assure you all that I have no desire to offend anyone, especially not an African, especially not an African woman. Yet, I kbnow we have our differences, different social and cultural backgrounds, different experiences in life, different perspectives, differerent ideologies and different religious persuasions. I have tried to be sensitive towards these differences and hope others will reciprocate. And, I will continue to do so.

The thing about Islam is we Muslims sincerely try top avoid conflict with Christians and Jews. But, I do not think they realize it. People have used our religious differences to exploit for their own political and economic advantages. It is called divide and conquer. But, Islam affords a special place of People of the Book which is our way to refer to the Christians and Jews together. For instance, Muslims are allowed to marry Christians and Jews ONLY. But, we can do so only under limited circumstances. What I have tried to do here is convey that I cannot consider marrying any Christian that I know in this forum because the limited circumstannces that I refer to are not present here. And, this has contributed to a degree of misunderstanding, I think. Let me try to explain.

Consider this Verse:

Sahih International:
This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn:
Today the good, the delicious, things are permitted to you, and the food of those who were given the Scripture, that is, animals slaughtered by the Jews and Christians, is permitted to you, and permitted to them is your food. Likewise, the believing, free, married women, and the married women of those who were given the Scripture before you, are permitted to you for marriage, if you give them their wages, their dowries, in wedlock, in marriage, and not illicitly, fornicating overtly with them, or taking them as lovers, so as to fornicate with them secretly. Whoever disbelieves in faith, that is, [whose] apostatises, his, prior good, work has indeed failed, and so it counts for nothing and he will not be rewarded for it, and in the Hereafter he shall be among the losers, if he dies in this state [of unbelief].

Unfortunately, our Christian and Jewsih friends tend to mis-interpret this Verse because it is taken out of context of the reality on the ground among us as well as the other pertinent Verse in Quran. So, they tend to think that they can somehow impose Judaism or Christianity upon a Muslim by marrying him. That is far from the relaity. The reality is no Christian of Jew could ever convert a true Muslim to their respective religions. That's reality. But, conflict often arises between the Muslims and the People of the Book when reality slaps them in the face.

Here is the tip of the iceberg:

Sahih International
They say, "Be Jews or Christians [so] you will be guided." Say, "Rather, [we follow] the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth, and he was not of the polytheists."

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And they say, ‘Be Jews or Christians (the particle aw is for detail; the first of these is the saying of the Medinan Jews, while the second is that of the Christians of Najrān), and you shall be guided’. Say, to them: ‘Nay, we follow, rather the creed of Abraham, a hanīf (hanīfan is a circumstantial qualifier referring to Ibrāhīma, that is to say, one that inclines away from all other religions to the upright religion); and he was not of the idolaters’.​

So, basically, any Christian or Jew who compromises the principles of Monotheism is anot eligible for marriage into the Muslim Community. And, I tend to counsel the mixed couples along this line of thinking.

The line gets harder in this Verse:

Sahih International
And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper.
Tafsir al-Jalalayn
Never will the Jews be pleased with you, neither the Christians, not until you follow their creed, their religion, Say: ‘God’s guidance, that is, Islam, is the true guidance’, besides which there is only error. And if you were (wa-la-in: the lām is for oaths) to follow their whims, hypothetically speaking, [whims] to which they are calling you, after the knowledge, the Divine revelation, that has come to you, you shall have against God neither friend, to protect you, nor helper, to defend you against Him.​

If a Christian of Jew cannot acept a Muslim unless the Muslims abandons Islam to become a Christian of a Jew, it will never happen as far as I am concerned. And, I tend to counsel mixed couples to this effect.

Here is more clarity:

[2:111] Some have said, "No one will enter Paradise except Jews or Christians!" Such is their wishful thinking. Say, "Show us your proof, if you are right."​

Now clearly, we Muslims do not accept that only Christians and Jews will go to heaven. In fact, most of think they will all go to hell. And, still others tell them to go there, especially when it cvomes to marital issues.

So, I hope this clear up some of the misunderstanding. When people know these facts, there will be less opportunity for feelings to get hurt and we can more a foundation to avoid un-necessary conflict between People of the Book and Muslims.

(The above quotes were taken from this site: http://quran.com/2/120. For more details about the Muslim view on People of the Book, please use the index available at this site or similar: http://www.submission.org/suras/sura2.html#111)

I will try to deal with specific issues below.

Before I go furhter, I apologize for not being able to deal these issues immediately.

As tot he technical issues I am having, I have not intentionally posted in the "Chriastian Forum". What have been happening is I will see a post under a person's name, for instance. Saturday, I was lookuing for a specific weblink. But, I could not find it in google. And, I could not remember exactly where I posted it here in Destee. But, I did remember some ot the people involved in the discussion. So, I went to their public profiles and went through their posts to try to find the link that I need for a certain project.

In doing so, I saw several negative of inaccurate posts regarding Islam. So, I tried to offer my insight on the subject with the view odf fostering beteer understanding among Africans of all faith communities. If any of those psots were under "Christianity" or any other faith community, there was no way fro me to know that from their public profiles.

Other times, I will receive notice from and/or subscribe to a certain discussion. When the notice comes, I have never received anything indicating that the discussion is under any poarticular faith community. had that ever occured, I would avoid getting involved.

Thirdly, some of the subjects that people may think is restricted to a particular faith community actually appear under such thing as "Balck Study" or "Bklack Study Group" or "pirituality/Religion" or something like that. I think what is happening is people will post under "Christianity" for example and say a lot of negative things about Islam. Then they are surprised and angered when a Muslims protects about it. This is becvause the Muslim has no idea that the post is in "Christinaity because it appears under the heading of "Black Study"

My suggestion tot he Administrators is that anything posted under "Christianity" should be labeled "Christians Only". This way Muslims will know not to post there. Otherwise, any time a post appears under anything other than "Christianity" and it messes with non-Christians, you can expect a protest. It is indeed unfortunate that during these times of "Glabla War on Islam" LOOOOL. Christians tend to think that it is open season on Muslims. But, Muslims will fight back.

Adurratln:

I, personally, do not care what your "marital requirements" are in a woman.

As a Christian, I, too, would seek a mate with whom I am "evenly yoked."

I would not choose a Catholic man or a Jehovah's Witness or a 7th-Day Adventist for a mate any more than they would choose me because of several differing ideologies between our beliefs.

So, again, I don't care about your Islamic requirements for a wife.

I have only been concerned with your disrespect to Christianity, African-descended Christian women, and women, in general.

Also, it is YOUR responsibility to LOOK at the NAME of the FORUM before you POST.

On the "HOME PAGE," it tells you which FORUM each thread is in. (far right column)

And, AT THE TOP OF EACH THREAD, the name of the FORUM is listed as well.

So, in the future, you should be more OBSERVANT before you POST by checking to see which FORUM you are posting IN.

And, again, NONE of those CHRISTIAN threads you posted in contained ANYTHING about ISLAM.

ONLY YOU INTERJECTED ISLAM into a CHRISTIANITY discussion.

And, ALL of the labels say, "BLACK STUDY."

But, there is a "BLACK STUDY" for EACH spiritual path:

Christianity/Islam/ATR/Buddhism/etc..

Each SPIRITUAL PATH has its OWN "Black Study" sub-forum.

... And, we know that Eastern Christianity is not exactly the same as the white man's version, especially the Queen James version.

And it is DISRESPECTFUL posts like THIS one which prompted this COMPLAINT against you.

You came into the CHRISTIANITY forum in a thread about the "AFRICAN HERITAGE STUDY BIBLE" and referred to a Christian Holy book as the "QUEEN James Version."

But, NO ONE in that thread had disrespected the QU'RAN.

NO ONE had even MENTIONED Islam in any way.

But, this is an EXAMPLE of your TYPICAL disrespect to Christians and our spiritual faith.

You try to DEMEAN and BELITTLE Christianity any way you can.

So, if you WANT some RESPECT for ISLAM, then try RESPECTING the BELIEFS OF OTHERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back