Black People : AA'S and Spanking children

Therious

BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
Does the tradition of beating, spanking, hitting your kids which is so prevalent amongst AA's come from slavery? Is this yet another deeply programmed self destructive behavior learned from brutal whites?
sure some kids need to be disciplined , but can you link the violent nature in aa communities today in part to child hood beatings? Learingto solve problems with physical violence? Do other peoples of afrikan descent beat their kids with the frequency of aa's? I watched a documentry where an amercan indian stated they did not believe in punishing kids by hitting as the whites would do when they put(stole) their kids in orphanages and military schools.

this is not a debate on should we spank kids, its a question of is spanking a direct link to slavery and brainwashing? :karate:

I think all races have use spanking as a form of discipline and teaching right from wrong. Each generation seems to use it less and less. But you can also see there are now more discipline problems. I think it still is needed at times and has a place in raising children. But is very wrong when some people use it as abuse and out of anger.

Steve69 said:
I think all races have use spanking as a form of discipline and teaching right from wrong. Each generation seems to use it less and less. But you can also see there are now more discipline problems. I think it still is needed at times and has a place in raising children. But is very wrong when some people use it as abuse and out of anger.
I agree. Slavery did not teach us to spank our kids. It did teach us to beat them viciously for the wrong reasons and at the wrong time,BTW, there is a world of difference between a beating and a spanking. A beating is uncontrolled violence against a child who may or may not understand why the beating is taking pace. It is done in anger usually as a last resort when the nerves are frayed and when is at one's wits end. A spanking on the other hand is done solemly. The child knows exactly for what infringement of a previously given rule he or she is being spanked.

I know you said you did not want a debate about whethe or not we should spank our kids, but this question is hard to answer withuot getting into why spanking is still useful today.

Well,

I don't believe it started with the slavery of African Americans because the Bible speaks about if you spare the rod then you spoil the child..spoil means that they will go bad. That told me personally that sometimes it's necessary to have to whip your children in order to keep them on the right path. Some people might tell you to use time out, and positive reinforcement disciple measures...which is fine, but I spank when it's needed and reward when they deserve it.

Nita said:
I don't believe it started with the slavery of African Americans because the Bible speaks about if you spare the rod then you spoil the child..spoil means that they will go bad. That told me personally that sometimes it's necessary to have to whip your children in order to keep them on the right path. Some people might tell you to use time out, and positive reinforcement disciple measures...which is fine, but I spank when it's needed and reward when they deserve it.

the bible is full of contradiction. if it were some one your own size would you hit them if you were in disagreement? disrespect? sometimes adults need to get hit also , when was the last time you were in a fight?

if some one stole from you, or hurt your family would you take violent action? what about murder if you knew they could come back for revenge?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back