Black Entertainment : Aaron McGruder's Black Jesus Trailer

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Therious, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
  2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    **sigh** SMH....

Still, gotta agree with the white PEOPLE'S hair (I thought he was going to be "blonde"). Some lamb's wool on that head would be more accurate. But then ole boy ain't aiming for "accuracy!" :rolleyes:

At any rate, Will Smith has optioned the rights for "The Harlem Hellcats" (or Hellcats of Harlem, one or the other :whistling: ). It's about the WWI squadron of bruthas from Harlem (well, d'uh!) who wound up being the most decorated squadron of the War. Don't know about the movie, but the book pulls no punches. It even tells how the Hellcats were in France (the French wanted anybody they could get ...lol) and kicking German butt, and the U.S. Army sent a MEMORANDUM to the French telling them how to degrade and humiliate the soldiers so they wouldn't come home thinking they were "somebody." Stuff like don't praise them too much, and NEVER in the front of white Frenchmen, and of course, the obligatory don't let them mess with no French women. And remember, this was the ARMY! (The army refused to allow a marching band for the Hellcats, even though EVERY group that went to WWI was given one).

Hoping Big Willie got the cash to make the picture 'cause Hollywood ain't about to fund it. Remember George Lucas had to use HIS own money to make "Red Tails." Billions and billions of dollars "Star Wars" George Lucas, and NO moneybags in Hollywood would back the film.

Oh, uh, sorry to hi-jack your thread, but I've been looking for somewhere to put this new info (heard it on the Tavis Smiley Show last night :wink: ).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    lol - that does look like some real bad wig they put him in

4. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Not interested. A. McGruder's hate for our people is tangible.

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Please give some examples.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

... Agreed :toast:

Aaron McGruder's 'Black Jesus' Blasted as 'Utter Foolishness;' One Million Moms, Christians Demand 'Blasphemous' Show Be Cancelled Before It Even Airs

Creator of 'The Boondocks' Series to Premiere Controversial Live-Action Comedy Show on Adult Swim Aug. 7

[​IMG]

The trailer for Aaron McGruder's upcoming live-action comedy series "Black Jesus" has been making the rounds on the Internet since last Friday, and some Christians are anything but amused by what the Adult Swim network was teasing as "the most anticipated comeback in history." At least one "violently offended" Illinois pastor, in addition to the activist network One Million Moms, has issued a clarion call for Christians to pressure the network to drop "The Boondocks" creator's new program before it even airs next month.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/a...show-be-cancelled-before-it-even-airs-123694/

[​IMG]

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Sounds like the Brother needs some help from me on this issue so as to turn that energy back on them and make them see that they aren't even Christian themselves, huh?

8. _NortheastGroover_

_NortheastGroover_ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    I still dont understand why he let the boondocks go down the toilet like that... season 4 was horrible...

9. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Consider it done, Baby!

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I can see your point, the boondocks was on some ignorance from time to time .
    So much so that I stopped watching .
    But this trailer had me rolling .