Black Women : AA Christian women 'coping' with success and singleness

I'm sure it would have been interesting to read this, but when I clicked on it, all I got was gibberish. I am a married christian woman, however, I only just married at the age of 40-last December. (I'm 41 now) For years I watched other christian friends/family marry in their 20's-32 being the oldest. I was the oldest in my generation to get married. Long before I even met my husband, I went back to school, I travelled, I bought my own house, I had a little money in the bank etc but I was single, I wasn't happy about my singleness, but I wasn't exactly sad about it either, I felt I would eventually marry-anyway, I think as a christian woman, especially if you are truly living the way God's wants you to live, it can be hard in today's sex obsessed world, most men in the world are definitely not willing to date you longterm and not expect sex and then the men in the church, I feel aren't really approaching women, and often times they are approaching unsaved women and bringing them into the church (which is fine-I had a friend complain about that one day) she is 40, never married, matter of fact she has never had a boyfriend and has been in church her whole life, she is relatively successful, and typical long skirt, no makeup church girl. I think a lot of women, in church and otherwise, may have unrealistic goals for their potential mate. I use to pass up men for being too short, too dark, not the right job--but I see now, God was working on me, to prepare me to receive a husband, a lot of women may want a husband, but is she wife material yet?

I'm sure it would have been interesting to read this, but when I clicked on it, all I got was gibberish. I am a married christian woman, however, I only just married at the age of 40-last December. (I'm 41 now) For years I watched other christian friends/family marry in their 20's-32 being the oldest. I was the oldest in my generation to get married. Long before I even met my husband, I went back to school, I travelled, I bought my own house, I had a little money in the bank etc but I was single, I wasn't happy about my singleness, but I wasn't exactly sad about it either, I felt I would eventually marry-anyway, I think as a christian woman, especially if you are truly living the way God's wants you to live, it can be hard in today's sex obsessed world, most men in the world are definitely not willing to date you longterm and not expect sex and then the men in the church, I feel aren't really approaching women, and often times they are approaching unsaved women and bringing them into the church (which is fine-I had a friend complain about that one day) she is 40, never married, matter of fact she has never had a boyfriend and has been in church her whole life, she is relatively successful, and typical long skirt, no makeup church girl. I think a lot of women, in church and otherwise, may have unrealistic goals for their potential mate. I use to pass up men for being too short, too dark, not the right job--but I see now, God was working on me, to prepare me to receive a husband, a lot of women may want a husband, but is she wife material yet?

Looks like alot ''judging'' but yet you are a 'Christian'?..lol

Must be something you are guilty of to call me out on it. SMH!!

I'm not a Christian..I just like how you guys go out your way to point out who is ''saved;; and who is not ''saved'' who wears 'this' and sleeping with 'that'....

put yet...call yourself Christians..just saying... judge much?

article was on point and is VERY relevant today....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back