Black People : A young sister trying to get to Egypt

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by 4g0tt3n_Canc3r, Jan 26, 2011.

1. 4g0tt3n_Canc3r

4g0tt3n_Canc3r Well-Known Member MEMBER

i work at Elmwood Park Zoo and Chuck E Cheese and
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hello Family,

I am currently a Senior psychology major at the HBCU Clark Atlanta University. One of my professors has approached my peers and I with a very unique and life changing opportunity. She has planned a trip to Egypt, a trip that includes visiting the origninal pyramids, which will no longer be open for tourism after this year! I have always put visiting Egypt on my list of things to do before I die. Of course when I made this list, I was expecting to take this trip when I was secure in a career and financially able to do so. My dilema is as follows: I am a very broke college student who has no choice but to make this once in a life time trip sooner than expected. I need donations of any and every kind! Nothing is too small...(or to big ), I would be greatful for anything that anyone can offer. A plus to this is, whatever you donate to this trip, you can most certainly write it off come tax time :).

I want to thankyou in advanced for even considering donating and I will be forever greatful if you actually do decide to help me take this journey.

P.S if there is any information you need about the trip and what we will be doing you can visit the website www.EFtours.com

and also this is my donation site which makes it quick and easy to donate to my cause

http://getmetoegypt.chipin.com/a-college-trip-to-egypt

2. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    :SuN032: Wait a minute, why is this the last year that the pyramids are up to be toured....?

So that arab is trying to lock down huh? I wonder why? :em3700:

MA'AT

3. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Yeah they are talking about rebuilding the insides - which basically mean re-painting the images to look like Arabs - they are basically messing with something that they have no business messing with.

They call it remodeling

Nye -

Ru2religious

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hey My Sweetie !!! ... :wave: ... I LOVE YOU !!! ... :love:

This is such a wonderful goal! I had no idea tours of the pyramids would be stopped after this year! Gosh!

Okay ... this puts me in sort of a conundrum, as I've said previously that we would not allow any more solicitation of money from the community ... (short of keeping the community alive) ... but if ever there was a time to do it ... it would surely be now ... for one of our great up and coming youth who is working hard to climb the ladder of academic achievement, and wanting a little help from her community ... the same community she's so willingly and generously helped keep alive her own sweet, young, and precious self!

It's so hard for me to say no to this, to not allow it ... just like it was hard for me to say no to the last person that did similar ... and will no doubt be hard the next time it's presented.

These are tedious times for us all, and opening this door for one, almost obligates us to open the door for all ... which we can't do ... if we're to stay alive ourselves.

It's hard being the one to make the difficult decisions ... but Sister Purple has to do it ... whether she likes it or not! :D

Until she rules on this specifically, I say let's move forward! Maybe she won't see us! :D

I read the donation link you shared above, you need $4,000 !!! ... Oh Baby !!! ... Whew !!!

Tell me, when is the trip? How long do you have to gather the money together?

We may have to put our heads together and come up with some fund raising strategies, but time seems to be of the essence, making this all the more challenging.

Let us know how long we have to raise this money, while i look around to see what i can sell ... :wink:

You know I want to give you the whole 4K ... why we gotta be so cash poor ... :cry:

Our babies deserve good stuff too ... like trips to Egypt ... but soliciting funds has never been an easy thing ... but where there's a will, there's a way ... i've heard!

Yeah ... let us know the money deadlines, and with so many great minds right here, we can probably pull this off ... some kinda way!

It's always so good to have you back home!

I do encourage everyone to help if you can ... money, ideas, anything ... for our youth!

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

5. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,633
    smh....Brother seti said in one of his lectures, thats why we need to relish and take hold of our history and connection, before these caucasoids and arabs try and destroy the last vestiges of it.......

Thats why all the noses are shot off many of the statues, sphinx, ect ect.....smh....and then you got silly foolish negroes talkin bout why we want to claim ancient egypt or care about it.....its obvious and been proven beyond a doubt its black, and ever since the time these arabs got up in there along with his ******* daddy, they been tryin to whitewash our history.......:SuN025:

Any idea bro, what steps are being taken by our people to stunt that, or is too late?

6. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,633
    Interesting to note also, that the recent unrest in egypt as of late, with all the violence and unrest in the arab colonial populace and government......:thinking:....

I wonder............

MA'AT

7. larry

larry Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    This is Very sad info. I would imagine things would be changed on the inside of the pyramids. I've never been, and I'm just now coming around to opening my mind to anything (Khemet or Kh'Maat [I heard from Taj Tarik Bey thats it's that way]).

And yes Destee why are "we" so cash poor? It's an annoying situation, and even when I was among those in the 20~30% tax bracket I still was cash poor, well I felt that way which then turned into reality.

About the orig topic. Is 4g0tten allowed to ask for donations here? I could see how saying no is policy, and if that's your sites policy you should stick to it. Otherwise I think things will get a little sketchy.

Hope you make it there, and if you do I Really think you should write down All you saw in the pyramids so that we who can't go can have some idea what's inside of it.

8. 4g0tt3n_Canc3r

4g0tt3n_Canc3r Well-Known Member MEMBER

i work at Elmwood Park Zoo and Chuck E Cheese and
    Ratings:
    +13
    Oh Destee I am soooo sorry I didnt even think about this being against the rules, If i need to take it down please let me know. I have sent this to family and friends and Im sure that I might be able to raise this money without breaking your rules :). And my psychology professor just kind of threw this trip together because she heard about the pyramids and she knew as a people this would be something her students would love to do. The deadline as of right now is the beginning of May. This is kind of like a post graduation trip for all the seniors that are going. Alot of the students are paying with thier refund checks from student loans, but i would rather not graduate college being in more debt than I can handle. Also thankyou soo much for being you :) I love coming back home and feeling your welcome as well as the entire destee family. I will definately keep you updated on my progress and will most definately send you pictures and videos and all of that ONCE I reach my goal. Love you! :sand:

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    um, Egypt is on the verge of civil war.......

10. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,633
    Good

MA'AT