Black People : A word of soul

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by DeepSistaSoul, Apr 2, 2002.

1. DeepSistaSoul

DeepSistaSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The truth about size and shape, beauty as well is that the world is so hung up on outer beauty that inner beauty is no longer sought. Look you do not have to be a size 0 and a half to be happy, in fact you can be a size 100 and a half and be happy. you do not have to look like a super model or have a big *** and breast to be confident either. It all depends on you and how you feel about yourself. If you are insecure about your size, shape, whatever, others are going to see that as leway to down you. As a big beautiful black woman size 18 plus. I love me and the way I look. I think that it is time for the world to wake up and stop being so ugly to people because they are different, If god intended for us all to be the same we would all have the same color, same accents(speak the same language), be identical in ever way, but obviously he saw fit to make us different. So in closing I do say different is in the dictionary, look it up

2. DeepSistaSoul

Ratings:
    +0
    Kemestry

Oh no doubt there are a lot of guys into big girl's that was for the haters, and the ones who don't understand the beauty of a meaty sista. Like you said there are a lot of them, cause I know my man don't complain.

The deepest of them all
    deepsistasoul:heart:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    :wave: Welcome To The Fam DeepSistaSoul :wave:

I find it amazing that we, Black Folk, after experiencing all we have as a people, want to consider even one of us ... "a poorer quality" ... based on anything! So many of our own Sisters, Aunts, Cousins, Momma's, GrandMomma's are big-hipped, thick-thighed and all that stuff ... yet we want to be something completely different or seek something completely different. Sorta kinda sad. More evidence in my opinion, that the vestiges of slavery, little or no worth of ourselves ... is very much a part of our today.

Again, thanks for joining us. I've been browsing through the forum, actually read your other posts but am usually running when I peek in ... with the intention of coming back and leaving a shout out later. :)

Please make yourself at home here ... nuth'n but friends and family in this place.

:heart:

Destee

4. DeepSistaSoul

Ratings:
    +0
    destee

thanks, I am so glad I found this site. sistas and brothas lovin' one another just makes my heart feel like heavean. you all are so friendly and what not, and thank you for those words of wisdom, you really got that down packed. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

the deepest of them all

deepsista soul

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I love me some Queen of size ........u pose da depth & beauty
    of self in whole......

6. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good to have you here, DeepSistaSoul

It is refreshing to cross paths with Sistahs who have the attitude you emit. I yearn for the day when all people will evaluate others based on character content and other intangible qualities, rather than outward "appearance". Even those who have a preference for say, large women, can even be a problem, for they are still basing their preference on outward appearance. Why can't we all just base our preference on non-physical qualities of the person, as I do? If things went that way, EVERYONE would find the right mate, and no one would be unhappy with themselves (or others) for frivolous reasons.

7. DeepSistaSoul

Ratings:
    +0
    My sista Nia,

a brief word, everything you have said is absolutely true, you have the words of wisdom written inside your heart, and reality stamped in your soul. Thank you sister, thank you for being real.

The deepest of them all
    deepsistasoul

8. DeepSistaSoul

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you believe that a size 8 in now considered a plus size. what is the world coming too. first they ease in sizes 10,12,14 now the are adding a single figure like eight. My goodness the world is becoming a sad place. This is why so many teenage girl's develop anorexia, and bulimia. It is drilled inside their heads that thin is in and nothing else matters. Also the glitz and glamour that is often plaster onto the Tv screen, and in other media, is a way to help deprive the world of its last hope of becoming sanely stable. So basically in conclusion I say that no matter how you look you will never be perfect for the world, Afterall nobody is perfect. So no matter what you look like, how dark or light, how tall, how smalle, love yourself for who you are, and **** what anyone else thinks.

9. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    You're sho' 'nuff right.

Ashe'.

10. DeepSistaSoul

Ratings:
    +0