Black People : A Woman's Place

PositiveMindSet...

PositiveMindset said:
In a sense I disagree with your belief of the man being the head of the household.

Many parts of the bible don't speak literally, but figuratively.

Many times, when a man comes home & he's in a negative mood, that negativity goes 2 the rest of the household, such as if U have a cold or flu, the rest of your body feels the effects, but it all starts in the head.

If that man comes home in a jovial mood & his mate is upset, his positive energy will be engulfed by his mate, thereby transforming the negative energy that was in the household before he arrived into positive energy.

The Almighty also said that the woman is the man's helpmate, meaning exactly that.

She helps him in all aspects of life, it is man who has said the woman should stay behind the man in a relationship, because that is what some men believe, I am not one of them.

If a woman backs her man regardless of her own wants & needs, that relationship is doomed, due 2 her unsatisfaction, which will reflect on the children & their relationships with people.

Men are dominant over the women 4 the simple fact that they are the protectors of the household, which goes back 2 the head idea. The head protects the body by the thoughts it contrives in order 4 the body 2 function correctly. Women have arrived at the misconception that the amount of money one makes decides who is dominant in a relationship, but in all reality, dominance is determined by the power one has & the ability 2 utilize that power effectively.

Example: Lionesses hunt 4 the pride, but the Male lions protect that pride from invaders, thereby being the head of the pride (household).

I agree...I don't totally accept the head of the household concept.

As LivinitLovinit stated, wouldn't the mood of the woman affect the man/family? Shouldn't there be a balance or counter balance in the relationship/family between the woman and man?

That is exactly what I said when I said "If a woman backs her man regardless of her own wants & needs, that relationship is doomed, due 2 her unsatisfaction, which will reflect on the children & their relationships with people." and the fact that the Almighty told man that woman was his helpmate, not his submissive servant.

Livinitlovinit, physical strength is dominance. There's nothing wrong with the fact of men being the dominant sex between the 2, just don't misuse that dominance by subjecting the woman 2 treatments that U wouldn't accept yourself.

A relationship is a team. When one can't pull their weight, the other should be able to step in.

In some cases, the man is stronger. But a woman is strong as well. Maybe she's not as strong as a man. But you strive together to make a whole...a foundation for the family.

A woman’s place? Is it really a place...or (hint) helpmate? She pays bills. She works in or out of the house. She cooks, she cleans and is a supporter. She runs the household.

A man's place? He pays the bills. At times, may cook. And help clean... and is a supporter. And runs the household. Head of house when it's time for taxes. But I think they should work as a team. Neither is better than the other, just different genders.

PositiveMindSet...

PositiveMindset said:
That is exactly what I said when I said "If a woman backs her man regardless of her own wants & needs, that relationship is doomed, due 2 her unsatisfaction, which will reflect on the children & their relationships with people." and the fact that the Almighty told man that woman was his helpmate, not his submissive servant.

Livinitlovinit, physical strength is dominance. There's nothing wrong with the fact of men being the dominant sex between the 2, just don't misuse that dominance by subjecting the woman 2 treatments that U wouldn't accept yourself.

Should we even look at the man as being dominant and the woman as being submissive? Why don't we look at them as being different with something to add to the relationship/family? And why can't they both be equals with something unique to bring to the table. That's how I see a man and a woman in a relationship/family. They are both equals with something unique to bring to the table that will strengthen the relationship/family.

I totally agree with Mz Blk Angel's comments. I think most of the problems that we have in our relationships/families wouldn't exist if we focused on us...and not get into who is more dominant for whatever reason...strength, mental stamina, money, status in society, etc etc.

Honestly, I think Black people need to focus on what WE think is best for us and OUR people instead of following the logic or behavior of others. We know how we feel about each other. Let's build from there. Let's treat each other accordingly. Nurturing, supporting, and loving each other. Let's focus on stimulating the body, mind, and soul of OUR relationship/family...and stop all this individualism within OUR relationship/family. Some of us are starting to live as individuals within a relationship/family. Almost as if we see the relationship/family as a business venture. Purchase for personal gain only. Sell when the rate of return is much too low and the effort or cost needed is much too high. Our relationships/families are not like stock. You can't just buy low...sell high. We have to stick it out for we only have each other when it comes down to it.

I'm not here to dominate my woman and she's not her to be submissive to me...or vice versa. We're here to work together in order to achieve a particular goal...and that goal is to do the will of GOD. Attaining that goal doesn't necessarily mean that I have to hurt anyone else.

The word “head” in scripture refers to authority. When God talks about man being the head of the woman, He is not talking about ability or worth, competence or value, brilliance or advantage. God is talking about function and order within an organization. Every organization has to have a head for it to be operated in an efficient and orderly manner. There is no greater organization than God’s Universe, His church, and His family. Within God’s order of things there is a partnership, but every partnership must have a head, and God has ordained that man is the head of the partnership...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back