Black Short Stories : A Woman Scorn

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Jelani_Dalmar, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Jelani_Dalmar

Jelani_Dalmar Active Member MEMBER

USAF
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Woman Scorn

Derrick,
    This is last you will hear from me…I’m taking the kids, a few things, and leaving you with the memories. Of a relationship once good, turn so very bad, it’s so sad…how you ruin the marriage that we had. I get so mad…when I think, I almost decide to stay with you, then I thought about all the bull**** that you put me threw…Who would have ever knew, in the beginning you were the man I searched for my entire life, I gave up school to become your wife. You made me feel like it was the right thing to do to keep our life on track, and once we got settled in you said I could go right back.

A two bedroom apartment we rented, it wasn’t much, gave it a woman’s touch, we ate lunch in the park, took strolls til it was dark, from the start, I could feel you were totally loving me from your heart. In six months I was pregnant and we bought our first life into the world, the 1st of our two beautiful baby girls…you swirled, her around in the air, with tears in your eyes, you cry and confess how much you truly cared.

You told me at this point in your life, the most important things were your daughter and your wife. Shortly after that you were laid off from work, though financially it hurt, I had confidence in you things would work out. You applied for many positions but no one would hire, and with fire in your eyes, you’d come home late from the bar…I sit up all night wondering where in the world you are. I cried in your lap, asking what was wrong with you, there’s no food in the house and the bills are due, the baby needs milk & diapers but most of all she needs you! Do you understand the stress that you putting your family threw?

At this point I thought you were going to hold me and tell me sweetly that things would be alright, but instead with all your might, you reached back and smacked me and all I saw was light. As I fell to the ground, face covered in blood, I let out a cry…looking up at you, looking down at me, and wondering why. I know this can’t be what it seems…not in my wildest dreams…could I ever picture you being so angry and mean. You picked my battered body up from the ground attempting to apologize telling me you knew what you did was wrong…but after years of busted lips and black eyes it was still the same old song. But I stayed threw all the bruises and the fights…and all your late nights…and you just not doing right, by me. Never being the husband or provider I had in vision you to be. But I knew I just had to leave after the last **** you did, you beat and rape me right in front of our kids. They cried “please daddy stop”, but you just threw them out the way…I cried to them to run too there rooms, mommy gonna be ok.

As I sat there taking pound after pound and hit after hit, I prayed to God to give me the strength, to get threw this. You got up from my life less body and told me to clean myself up, I looked a mess…while throwing a dirty towel across my chest… you said it was best…if I laid there and rest. I lay there bloody, beat in, and rape…Praying again to God, I don’t know how much more I can take. That’s when I realize love doesn’t live here any more…something I knew before…but chose to ignore.

This morning I woke up determine and focus to save myself and my kids…and rid…myself of all the abuse, and beating…the cheating. The mental and physical pain, the promises of things will change, but always seem to stay the same. I called my mother and explain to her that I needed to stay…So I bought three bus tickets all of them one way. I know for a fact I was never coming back, I made a promise to God that if he got me threw this one more time; I wouldn’t give you one more try. So I packed the kids before you woke, made you juice and breakfast then wrote you this note. I’m sure your curious why after all the pain and abuse you put me threw, why would I take the time to cook breakfast for you…or even let you know exactly where I was headed too. Knowing you could very easily come here and drag me back, but my love I certainly took care of all that.
    See I figure every man deserves one last meal, and this surely will be your last. You see my dear, orange juice wasn’t the only thing at the bottom of your glass. If I know you like I know you your greedy *** drank every little bit…I know by now your sick…but you’ve choose the wrong female to mess wit. No need to try to call anyone cause by now you can’t even speak. You’ve probably fallen to the floor and can’t move because you’re too weak; I knew to save my life I had to play this game for keeps. I knew it was time for this plan to commence…I have my girlfriend coming by to collect any kind of evidence. For years I was so confused to stay or to go I was always torn…I guess you never know what your capable of until you’ve been a woman scorn.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    wow

this a very nice story ......but seem as u placed it in the wrong forum
    poetry only in here but i will be happy to move it to the rightful place
    in the short stories forum for you .... :spin:

3. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +220
    talk about getting dead even...

Good write!

I enjoyed the poetic twist to this story.

feelin'it souldeep!
    Coco :heart: