Black Women : A Wiser Me

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Emerald_Queen, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    I use to be in a state where I could care less about others and their opinion about me. I figure because I am who I am; and my life brought upon different situations I am entitled to feel and act this way!

Nobody could tell me anything! I came from parents that didn't understand my plight, just told me the typical words a parent would say but not really listening to their scared daughter! "It's okay Emerald, they're just teasing you because their jealous." "Emerald, you must understand that you will not get along with everyone." "Boys, are FORBIDDEN!" (Which I think most parents think that!

As I grew older I really didn't mature as I should but allowed my circumstances of adolesense, mean girls and stereotypes that *I* should fall under, overtake my willpower to be who I am and transform into what I thought people wanted me to be! I started hanging with the wrong crowd because it was easier joining them than to be on the other side...as I thought I would remedy my rough teenage years. Instead I went into a deeper side of misfortune with men that couldn't keep their hands to themselves! That is FORBIDDEN!!!

I became a ghost of a person:ghost: and didn't allow the true me to shine, rather dipped away in a mist of once was to overshadow the pain that never let me sleep.:qqb017: Over time however, and with the blessings of my two children, I've learned to be a better person, mother, sister, daughter, auntie, provider. Mainly through the mercy, and grace of God!!!! I had to escape the old skeleton to be the person I was meant to be. Which meant digging deeper and allow my maturity and wisdom to grow. It wasn't easy, I had to Whip myself into shape!:whip: Though, now I can truly say that my mind is in a better place, I'm a wiser person from the old me! I still have trials but who doesn't, I'm just taking it a step at a time!!

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

That's real talk, for real my sister friend, He's the one to call on, Emerald_Queen.

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I'm glad for you EQ...

I look try, but it's hard, to look at my trials as blessings...Like a learning experience...

My parent's were like your parents...

I put my parents through HELL...I was uncontrollable as a teenager...I couldn't even control myself...I have no shame in saying what has happened to me in the past, because it's brought me here...I may not be where I want to be, but I'm here for a reason...And it's a lot better than what it used to be...I'M a lot better than what I used to be...

I look at some of the people around me that have never learned...And after years of messing up and what not, they are still doing the same BS...those are the ones I feel bad for...

You can NEVER knock a person for trying...

But you can knock a person for giving up...

So more power too you EQ

4. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    Thanks MsInterpret...yeah, it's hard but I keep on striving one step at a time. :)

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

And with this testimony to our friend, my friend, I now expect you to lighten up on me:):toast:...at least some, lol....J/K MsInterpret, don't want you to go off on me in the thread, let's keep in going nice, k.

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Hopefully, someone else reading your testimony will be helped and encouraged to take such of introspection.

Thank you for sharing this.

I was blessed in reading it.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    introspection.....

introspection? did i hear the word introspection?

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    well felt sister ........