Black People : A White Man On The Black Man's Court

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by IyaManBasedGod, Apr 20, 2011.

1. IyaManBasedGod

IyaManBasedGod New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Greetings Brothas and Sistas.

I have been a long time lurker here at the forums and finally decided to register today to get something off of my chest...

I live in Austin close to a park with 2 basketball courts. I try to get out there about 2-3 times a week to recharge my body and mind, all the brothas out there seem to be on the same level, and it's pretty rare I see someone I don't know. But recently (for a few months), a white guy has started trying to play in our games. At first, I had no problem with this fact, because he probably wouldn't stay around for long, but recently more and more I see him there nearly every time I go. Our games used to flow well, they had rhythm and the players were in tune to the game, but it is painfully obvious to me as a proud melanin uplifted and enlightened individual that this man is upsetting the rhythm of our game.

Every time I see a white man play basketball it is hard to watch... White ball is calculating and mental, rigid and stressful and mechanical. The white game has no soul, no rhythm. Worst yet, it is a vampiric game. When a white man steps onto a court of Black men it feels like his negative energy is poured into my brothas. I believe his negativity and evil nature can be absorbed by brothas who are in tune with the true universe. We absorb the sounds around us and become the rhythm of the song we hear because of our melanin, we are empowered by absorbing the rays of the sun because of our melanin, we are acutely aware of others' mental and physical anguish or emotion because we naturally absorb these forces from the universe around us. Why then would you assume we are not effected by the cold, rigid, structured, nature of the white man on the basketball court? Personally, when I see a white man playing our sport I feel as if he can never truly play with soul. Look at all the white players you see, their game is a microcosm of their true nature; although they may occasionally win, they never win with soul, they win with exploitation of weaknesses (mis-matches), they win with repetition (practicing jump shots over and over), they win with deception (excessive fouls, excessive fouling, cheating the score).

I always try to avoid playing with white people, I just don't understand why some brothas will even pick them up to play... It is all too apparent that they negatively effect us on the court in many ways... I know that many I have talked to about this always agree with me, and yet I still see these brothas picking up white people to play on their team.

I know this was a lot to read, but have any of you experienced the same phenomenon I'm referring to?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    IyaManBasedGod ... Welcome ... :wave:

White men have kicked Black People's front doors in, during the midnight hour, when they wanted ... taking Family Members to jail (and killing some).

Their being on basketball courts whenever they wanna, seems logical, as i'm not aware of where they don't go when they wanna.

Do you only take issue with White men on basketball courts, more easily tolerating them everywhere else in the universe?

What you shared made me immediately think of Mr. Neely Fuller, and his answer to a question of mine, similar to yours.

I asked about them in this, our Black Community, and he said, there is no such thing as a Black Community, under the system of racism white supremacy.

Of course it broke my heart to hear that, and all these years later, i'm still grappling with the concept ... but the evidence is hard to ignore.

Probably ... the same applies to Black Basketball Courts as it does to Black Communities ... under this system.

I'm glad you've joined us, and please make yourself at home, because you are.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. abstract219

abstract219 ...standing on the shoulders of giants MEMBER

United States
    Behavioral Health
    Ratings:
    +548
    IyaManBasedGod...

Welcome...

I couldnt help but laugh when I read your post. I have felt that same strange energy exchange when on the court with white boys. If you got one on your squad, the level of creativity drops somehow. I always play point forward, so you cant give them (very few of them) a no-look, a behind the back bounce pass.....I think I just love the game so much, I just play. I know what you feelin tho.

I dont think it affects certain players that much....brothas just run thru em with no conscious, or just use em to get points.

Great post.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    welcome! and thanks for this!!

it really matters not where one finds enlightenment; all that matters is that one is aware of it when one does. via your observations, you have expressed the really big answer to "why is this mess so messed up?".
    this has been the exact feeling of everything on this planet since the sub-humans got flushed out of the caucasus mountains (5900BC is the year that sticks in my mind - don't recall where/when i read that tho). substitute "life" for "game" and it fits, don't it?

blame it on evolution:
    they evolved in the frigid north where Mother Nature was, essentially, frozen. they did not experience the overwhelming bio-diversity that is found in the jungles, forests and mountains. without all that "noise" going on, they did not get so overwhelmed that they were stimulated into recognizing that they, too, were the exact same life going on around them and had to learn to flow with it in order to survive. they were limited to only the things that they could figure out in order to deal with the cold, mostly barren, overly static environment. there wasn't enough life going on for them to learn to get into the rhythm of life. they know so little of it .. well, they know enough to know that they don't know what that "odd little bit of extra stuff" means so they seek to eliminate or work around it .. which, obviously, doesn't work too well; just look at this planet!

Q: What is Life?
    A: if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand the answer.
    A: actually thought you were too ...
    A: Life is that which can not conceive of this sort of "question".
    A: Life is that which does not have to ask.

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    lol!

Welcome to Destee.com!

I'm 53 and aint got much flow to my game anymore because I 'retired' about 4 years ago when I was going to a Lifetime fitness in Frisco, TX.

I notice you in TX which I find kinda funny because them white guys I used to ball with/against in TX are what made me retire!

I got tired of getting hacked to death from those yt guys because even at my age I was able to outrun most of them so they had to hack in order to slow down my game.

So yeah, I feel you on this.

Peace!

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    man.. really? I been playing ball for 30 years.. played with all kinds of people in a few different countries..
    never noticed none of that.. some people can ball.. some people cant.. styles of play differ all over..
    and thats part of the challenge of basketball is placing those styles against one another.. like all sports
    basketball is about rhythm and balance.. and folks that with a simliar sense of rhythm more naturally flow
    together. When someone with a different sense of time comes along it interrupts the flow and everyone has
    to make adjustments. But theres nothing negative about that.. thats basketball.. And listen: I dont know
    any ballers that didnt acquire their skill through repetition. Everything is not as simple as black and white..
    unless of course you want to see it that way.

Context is everything.

7. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    I don't get out often so I don't know how things work in this situation but is he just some random white guy? Does he just force himself into games? That doesn't sound right to me.

Also I think you're being a bit racially insensitive calling him evil and stuff. To me it just sounds like you don't like how he plays and you think it messes up everyone else's vibe.

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    lol lol lol, i remember the one white guy no one ever wanted to play with,because he was always throwing elbows.

9. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Ha! This Brother goes hard, I love that.

One,

- Ikoro