Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : A Weave Demo

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by Destee, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've never seen a weave demo, until now.

I'm not familiar with them at all, never had one, never seen one (in person).

So i'm rather curious (a bit fascinated even) about them, since they are so popular with Sisters.

In case you've never seen one ... here you go ...

A Weave Demo

:heart:

Destee

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hmmm...

I've never seen a weave done like that. She put the glue directly on her hair?
    I've seen where they cornrow your natural hair in a circle around your head. Then put something like a stocking cap over the braids. After that, they sew the hair onto the braids.

That was interesting. It did turn out nice though.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Here's a couple more demonstrations ...

Weave #2

Glue in Weave Hair lost {Bold Spot on Sides}

Weaves seem very time consuming, lots of work (maybe even a little painful and damaging?).

Destee

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Yes Sister Purple, i thought it turned out nice too, and it didn't seem painful like the video i just added (sewing it in).

There seems to be quite a few different techniques that can be used to achieve results.

Yeah ... they put the glue right on the hair, in the other videos too, but i guess there are other options.

Destee

5. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Woah! The Sister In the last video had alot of damage done. Not everyone's hair can hold up to such harsh treatment. Some Sisters hair already be a nice length too. They say the weave has a more fuller look, and they get to experiment with different cuts and styles without cutting their own hair.

My Baby Sister has nice length. She doesn't do weaves though. But her hair folicles is really weak. One little yank on it and she has a huges bald spot. My hair on the other hand is very strong, thick, and coarse. You could probably hang me up by my hair and I'll be suspended in air for hours. lol

My other two Sisters weave their hair all the time. I've noticed that if they are trying to cut the threads out themselves, they break off alot of hair. But if another does it they hardly have any hair loss. They both have a nice length of hair too.

I've had my hair weaved a few times before, but like I said, it's thick, strong, and coarse. Pratically no damage at all. Besides I really couldn't get use to it. It would itch so bad that sometimes I wanted to rip it out from the root of my hair.

Sisters, if you're going to put your hair through such, examine your hair texture as well as the possible effects of the styles.

6. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Wow! that brought up images of my youth when my mom used to do just that! swing us around the room by the hair... smh... havent thought of that in years :lol:

which again, brought to mind women fighting - I always wondered why when they gripped the hair, the fight all but stopped.. but - whew - after all that time, money and care invested in it the weave.. rather take the punches than a pulled out weave :lol:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Yes Sister Purple, thanks for reminding me! I thought the Sisters featured had a nice length too! And they were even prettier with their own hair! I mean, if you removed their hair altogether, they were BEAUTIFUL SISTERS! It seemed like a lot of trouble, for little beauty enhancement.

:lol: @ can be hung from your hair ... hahahaha ... you better not say that too loud ... :lol:

But yes, my hair is thick, strong, coarse, all of that too. It can take a lot of abuse with little (obvious / permanent) damage. But like you too, my Sisters hair is thinner, and not as strong. They have hair like my Mother. They always have had to be more careful, and 2 of my Sisters have experienced lots of damage from weaves (or weave like stuff).

My baby Destiny (where "destee" comes from) has thinner hair too. She has hair like her Mother (my Sister), our Mother, etc., and i was always so careful with her sweet hair. My daughter and i have the same, and it can take a beating, but not hers. I use to tell my Sister all the time, how important it was that she be in Destiny's life, to help her know her hair, since theirs is the same. I mean, this was my number one petition to her. Isn't that kinda krazee, looking back on it now? They are together now, Destiny and her Mother, and it does my heart so much good, that she now has benefit of her Mother's experience and wisdom with their hair, which i found difficult to teach her.

This makes me think of how white folk wanna be raising Black babies, yet know nothing of their hair. Here i am a Black woman, and i found it challenging to help my baby learn how to love, care for, and manage her own hair ... because it was a little different than mine.

Little Black babies, especially girls, being raised by white folk ... don't even stand a chance ... do they?

I think the most important thing is that one's hair is strong and healthy, and it seems all of these contraptions reduce that considerably. Unfortunately, they have us believing that the way our hair comes out of our scalp, is wrong. Like God made a mistake, and we must correct it. White women, all other women, come out of the womb beautiful, but not little Black Girls. I'm sick of this lie.

Yes Sisters ... be careful with your hair ... and all things God blessed you with.

Destee

8. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Sounds like momma was tuff'n the scalp up.:lol: She wanted to make sure if you ever got your hair pulled in a fight it wouldn't stop you. lol

Yeah! those tender headed Sisters with the weak roots get shutdown right away. Pull my weave in a fight you better be strong enough to pull my face off with it, cause my hair aint moving. :lol:

9. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    :lol: :lol: :lol: *holding ribs here* :lol: :lol: :lol: whew!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    lol @ tuff'n up the scalp ... hahahaha ... :lol:

You know Sister Purple ... when i was permed, the wind would blow my hair, and once out of the wind, the hair would (relatively) lay flat and neat again. Not so with a fro! :lol: Shoot ... if the wind moves this stuff (and it's gotta be a strong wind) ... it's staying right where it got blow'd to ... :lol: ... hahahahaha ... oh gosh! :eeek:

Destee