Black People : A Way Back Home

kemetkind

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 8, 2005
Call to Conference

“Let us, as a people, the world over, renew the fight. It is only by organization that we can forcefully impress our needs and make our demands upon a heartless and unsympathetic world.”
The Honorable Marcus M. Garvey

“Each generation must, out of relative obscurity, find its mission, fulfill it or betray it”
Frantz Fanon

Fellow Africans of the Diaspora and brethren on the Great Continent Africa. The above quotations, taken from two of Africa’s most illustrious patriots, are like all axioms - principles by which to be guided.

And, in this regard it is evident that in recent times African people have suffered every manner of humiliation and insult meted out to us by our historical detractors for one reason only. The reason is that we as a people have not been able to unite sufficiently to ensure that the course of international development serves the objective needs of African people rather than exploits our superficial divisions.

Moreover, we have also observed that not since the days of the Honorable Marcus Garvey and the memorable achievements of the Universal Negro Improvement Association, has there been a convention of Diasporans dedicated to deliberate on the two issues central to our common progress as a people - Repatriation and the Reconstruction of Africa. This absence of constructive dialog on these two great issues of our time, and the subsequent lack of planning and implementation that has resulted, partly accounts for the economic, political and social fractioning that now grips our peoples, both on the Continent and in the Diaspora.

Therefore, in keeping with the mission of this generation, which is to promote the reintegration of Africa by its Diaspora, Fihankra International, headquartered in Ghana, West Africa and ably assisted by Diasporans from many locations, will convene a working conference in Ghana on August 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2008. The objectives of this event center on formulating and promoting practical approaches to solving the economic, political and social problems that confront African people worldwide and inhibit Africa’s development.

full story here: http://www.bringbackblack.org/?p=28

Anyone here up for pooling resources to organize a destee.com contingent to attend this?

As a political and Economic Front, the Front for the Unification and Development of Africa and Arabia is ready to show solidarity with any action that is bound to contibute to concrete, positive results towards Africa Unification and Development. We would support such an effort as an educational experience to raise the African consciousness of our people in the Diaspora. We must keep in mind, at the same time, that merely holding another of a long series of conferences and meetings will not solve any problems. The consciousness raising result is the best that can be hoped for.

We should concencrate more resources on actual projects, not more conferences and more resolutions that will only collect dust. In this day of high-tech communication, much can be acheived without holding face-to-face meetings.

abdurratln said:
As a political and Economic Front, the Front for the Unification and Development of Africa and Arabia is ready to show solidarity with any action that is bound to contibute to concrete, positive results towards Africa Unification and Development. We would support such an effort as an educational experience to raise the African consciousness of our people in the Diaspora. We must keep in mind, at the same time, that merely holding another of a long series of conferences and meetings will not solve any problems. The consciousness raising result is the best that can be hoped for.

We should concencrate more resources on actual projects, not more conferences and more resolutions that will only collect dust. In this day of high-tech communication, much can be acheived without holding face-to-face meetings.

Quote:

"In this day of high-tech communication, much can be done without holding face-to-face meetings."

To a point I agree.

On the other hand, face-to-face contact is MANDATORY.

This is why countries such as the United States, China, Russia and South Africa have diplomatic missions. To meet with other leaders face-to-face.

Quite frankly, I no longer commit myself to programs with folks who I do not establish a personal, yeah, that's right, a personal relationship with. It's too easy for fraudulent behavior to be perpetrated over the internet as there are a multitude of scam-artists cheating folks out of hard-earned dollars "spamming" them with fake economic programs and "plans".

omowalejabali said:
Quote:

"In this day of high-tech communication, much can be done without holding face-to-face meetings."

To a point I agree.

On the other hand, face-to-face contact is MANDATORY.

This is why countries such as the United States, China, Russia and South Africa have diplomatic missions. To meet with other leaders face-to-face.

Quite frankly, I no longer commit myself to programs with folks who I do not establish a personal, yeah, that's right, a personal relationship with. It's too easy for fraudulent behavior to be perpetrated over the internet as there are a multitude of scam-artists cheating folks out of hard-earned dollars "spamming" them with fake economic programs and "plans".

My concern is that at least some of these meetings are little more than distractiopns from the tasks at hand.

The first four-five series of Pan-African Congresses imbedded the idea of Pan-Africanism. But, it was the 5th Pan-African Congress that actaully laid the basis for the African Revolution. Yet there have since been 6th and 7th Pan-African Conresses. More recently, all kinds of conferences have been convened. None has produced anything wothwhile. Why would the one that is being called now do anything other than offer an opportunity for people to spend several thousands of dollars on safari?

If a person actaully wants to do something other than safari, the person can do it without actaully attending another conference. Modern high-tech communications allow for worldwide teleconferences. So what's the point?

Do not get me wrong. I happen to think that African safaris are a good thing. But, let's be clear about it. A safari is just that: a safari. We can call it by any oither name; and it is still only a safari.

I would think the purpose of conferences is to allow people to meet and greet - form relationships to build on - THAT has more value than the content of the conference itself. I never considered a conference as a means to jump start projects - but as a jump start on getting like minded people together in order to start wheels spinning. What one DOES with that is another story.

Plus, not every conference held needs results that "shake the globe" - some results run deeper than that, and are more obscure - but positive none the less.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back