Black Poetry : A Voice To Cry

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by ASHANTA, Feb 20, 2003.

1. ASHANTA

ASHANTA Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    A Voice To Cry

By Jacqueline Amos

The splendors of the silence that shadows,

the surroundings of thy voice,

I shall not hide within darkness,

A voice to release the darkness that centers my universe.

Oh thou eyes are filed with despair.

I continue to flap my wings.

A voice to cry a symbol of dignity.

Oh say can you see by the inner depths of my realms,

Shall I sit in humble,

Itemized beyond the hand of clutch.

Aspersions of a spoken thought,

A voice I shall not cry.

The beauty that shines upon its roots.
    Liberty of thou may sing.
    I shall not be thy warp to turn thy other cheek.

Author Jacqueline Amos:(

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    now dis one touch me deeply ..........keep it coming like dis !

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    yea and i don't turn mine neither

DSS

4. poeticdelight

poeticdelight Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    The Final Picture

Colin Powell addressed the youth on BET yesterday evening. I have some questions for him as well. After invading Iraq, will there be anything left for the U.S to disarm if the nation of Iraq plans to use these weapons of mass destruction against us? By going to war with Iraq, wouldn't we be giving them exactly what they want in efforts to rise to power and establish world dominance? Again, Bush motives for going to war against Iraq and Saddam welcoming the challenge of invasion shows how thirsty they are for one another's blood. Sadly, we are all going to be caught amidst the crossfire.

Note: In the story, I am sitting in an air-conditioned vehicle. My enemies among friends were walking in the hot sun. The opportunity for them to be rescued from the HEAT was presented, but I want you all to check this out...

The king of hearts will be the only person able to help the king of spades, the king of diamonds, and the king of clubs from the eternal fires of hell, but if all three of them sell their souls to Satan, then how will the king of hearts be able to save/rescue them.

5. poeticdelight

Ratings:
    +2
    Concept Of Queen Of Hearts

Some people need me to break the concept of Queen Of Hearts down even further because like my mother in the story. They still don't comprehend its underlying meaning. How does love conquer all? Love conquers all through timing and effectiveness. If you take the timing and effectiveness of the situation into consideration, then your plan is powerful enough to defeat your enemies/opponents. In a deck of 52 cards, you have the spades, diamonds, hearts, and clubs of which kings/queens make up a pair of four. President Bush with the power of our military is the king of spades. Spades cuts diamonds, hearts, and clubs. Saddam Hussein with the power of his wealth is the king of diamonds. Paper covers rock or in other words money defeats power and influence. Osama Bin Laden with the power of his convictions is the king of clubs. Clubs can't really do anything except ridicule others and save face because they are cowards. Jesus with the power of his love and understanding is the king of hearts. Hearts can't really do anything either except call one's bluff through strategy. This is why Jesus is the king of all earthly kings. According to him, wisdom is more precious than silver and gold. If you play your cards right, then it's possible for anyone to win but the Lord usually has the last and final say in the end. His great works of love lives and reigns through each one of us. This poem is entitled "Queen Of Hearts" because I am a woman delivering a message on his behalf.

6. poeticdelight

Ratings:
    +2
    king of hearts shall prosper

The king of hearts shall prosper over the king of spades. The king of spades is truly powerless to his enemy the king of diamonds. President Bush can't even talk to his enemy Saddam Hussein into disarming his weapons without resulting to force through warfare. A dean from college once told me, "it's easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar". Vinegar simply adds gasoline to Iraq's fire. Who can actually lead America in teaching Iraq a lesson in a fashion that will actually cause them to feel bad about what they've done to us in efforts to conquer the entire world? I would put everything on the king of hearts. Again, the king of clubs is not mentioned here because he's in hiding. Hopefully, the king of hearts will appoint additional leaders to his cabinet to resolve these internal issues regarding affirmative action and external issues regarding world wars.

Mrs. Bush invites members of U.S poet laurete for tea but they turned it down and sent anti-war poems instead: http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/...30-poetry_x.htm
    http://www.poetsagainstthewar.org./

On February 26 every Senate office will receive anti-war calls and emails every minute of the hour:
    http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

7. ASHANTA

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    The black man was here 66 trillion years ago, Blackman lived on this planet. There was peace upon this land. There was a tribe called yackoo a wicked tribe who felt that the earth was to calm, God said make man in my image, So Yackoo begain mixing the races. This was the making of adam and eve the white man. buy the book the making of the white man, will post you the information, documented. They were chased into the caves, Moses went into
    the cave and civilized them. There were the black man slaves
    during that time.There were not allowed to walk on the sacred land. Revelations Chapter one verse 14 Jesus was a black man.
    His hair was white as snow, and his skin of bronze, and feet black as a furnance. They lynched him to the cross as they lynched the soldiers of our God. 360 degrees of the circle has turned, it shall return to its rightful place, the war from the holy ground. Our brothers who wear the symbols of our brother Jesus, humble unto those who are not worthy of his name.
    It is written in the books of life, the devil must return the jewels back to its rightful place, it only had 2000 years. There were 6 civilizations before this, Under Satin Authority. U.S.A.

I will look for the book its documented. There will be more of Gods soldiers that will return. They will come until the mission is complete. Fear not my sister its in Gods hand. Rise the most high within your own temple and pray for the protection of thy God.

8. ASHANTA

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    Sorry my sister its Yaku
    This war is documented in the books of life.