Black Spirituality Religion : A Template for Co-Existence?

Metaverse

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
If all White people fell down dead on Sunday, we'd still have most of the same problems come Monday morning.

The reason I made this statement is because the system of Racism and White Supremacy exists within us. Instead of building nations we are building walls.

“Aye you! Don't come over on my side. You and all your folks, stay right where you are. If you come over here, I swear to God I'll shoot you.”

This is the attitude we employ. Like-minded people should bond together, that is natural. But are like-minded people only bonding so they can create an army against their own kind?

Are we co-existing together?

Or are we slowing becoming more separated groups. You have the hundred million or so Christian denominations....groups that seem to disperse and form new Churches at the drop of the hat. But everyone loves Jesus, yet can't get along. You have the Muslims over here. You have the free thinkers in this corner. And worst of all. You have "THEM."

Oh at least we all agree something has to be done about "THEM"- but who is "THEM", because depending on who is looking, "THEM" is "US." Those wayward, backwards, good for nothings- what the hell are they doing now? Oh no she didn't come on the house wearing that dress. Does he have silver in his mouth or aluminum foil? Is that a Titanic on wheels?

Is there such a thing as a Template for Co-Existence for Africans in the Diaspora? We can look at the heavens; perhaps find clues in the stars. Maybe our religions were supposed to help us co-exist with one another, but it seems they are doing the very opposite.

Religion have given us a DIVINE reason not to get along.

Why are you breathing my air? You don't think as I think, you don't deserve to live, look at you. Is that us? Or is that White Supremacy? The idea that being "white" (clean, pure, righteous) makes us better than others?

What if anything is helping us to purge the system of White Supremacy out of our system. Is there a detox for that?

Regardless if we wish to admit it or not, the fact is, some us just don't like Black people. But wait. We like certain kinnnnds of Black people. And what if we never go thru the procedures to find out the difference between regular Black people, and the ones we like?

But we don't have to like one another to get our collective needs met do we? I know many of us have people on the job that we can't stand. What do you do? You smile when you see them, and you roll your eyes when they leave. "I can't stand that-- Oh how you doingggggg- Good Morning!" But the job duties still get carried out. Business as usual.

Maybe that’s the key. Maybe we've been trying too hard to "like each other."

As long as we can respect boundaries, and respect the job duties of one another- maybe we'll be fine? I know. It does sound like a pie in the sky dream. Or is it?

Because this is exactly how the human body works. The Human body IS our Template for Co-Existence.

Every organ/system in the body has its own function, list of tasks and skills. They are all very different, yet they co-exist under one unitary government. At least it would appear they are governed unitarily by brain management.

We talked about "Security and Identity" before in a pervious thread, but these 2 principles are very important to how the body works and defends itself from outsider as well. What if the body could not identify an intruding virus or germ? You would be dead, because germs and viruses are invading all the time.

If we can study how these different functions co-exist inside the body, we can perhaps find the right associations for our different physical, mental and spiritual patterns in our people. We can use the science of basic anatomy to help us improve our social networking, families and the structures of our nations.

king_rodney.jpg

Can't we all just get along?

Yes Rodney we can. Because the Human body does. We need not worry about getting along with "others" until we can get along with one another.

We can start by looking at the different "systems" in the body.

body.jpg

What system to you think you match up with?

The circulatory system is the body's transport system. It is made up of a group of organs that transport blood throughout the body.

The digestive system is made up of organs that break down food into protein, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and fats, which the body needs for energy, growth, and repair.

The endocrine system is made up of a group of glands that produce the body's long-distance messengers, or hormones. Hormones are chemicals that control body functions, such as metabolism, growth, and sexual development.

The immune system is our body's defense system against infections and diseases. Organs, tissues, cells, and cell products work together to respond to dangerous organisms (like viruses or bacteria) and substances that may enter the body from the environment.

The lymphatic system is also a defense system for the body. It filters out organisms that cause disease, produces white blood cells, and generates disease-fighting antibodies. It also distributes fluids and nutrients in the body and drains excess fluids and protein so that tissues do not swell.

The muscular system is made up of tissues that work with the skeletal system to control movement of the body. Some muscles—like the ones in your arms and legs—are voluntary, meaning that you decide when to move them.

The nervous system is made up of the brain, the spinal cord, and nerves. One of the most important systems in your body, the nervous system is your body's control system. It sends, receives, and processes nerve impulses throughout the body.

The reproductive system allows humans to produce children. Sperm from the male fertilizes the female's egg, or ovum, in the fallopian tube. The fertilized egg travels from the fallopian tube to the uterus, where the fetus develops over a period of nine months.

The respiratory system brings air into the body and removes carbon dioxide. It includes the nose, trachea, and lungs. When you breathe in, air enters your nose or mouth and goes down a long tube called the trachea.

The skeletal system is made up of bones, ligaments and tendons. It shapes the body and protects organs. The skeletal system works with the muscular system to help the body move.

The urinary system eliminates waste from the body, in the form of urine. The kidneys remove waste from the blood. The waste combines with water to form urine.

Let me tell you a story.

When man was created, there was a big argument as to who was going to have control over the human body. First the legs put their two cents in; talking about, "well I carry him where ever he goes. without me he couldn't move. The arms jumped in talking about what he carries. Next the liver joined in talking about; "well I get rid of all the poisons, without me he would die." The brain said; "well I'm the one who thinks for him...and then the heart was talking about him being the one who pumped blood....the next thing you know the entire body and all it's organs was in a furious heated debate about "who should run the body."

Then suddenly they heard a sound from below and all the organs looked...and they heard the @sshole talking about "maybe he should run the body"....all the organs looked at him and started laughing and said; "ah shutup @sshole" and they went back to their argument.

Well that's exactly what it did...it shut up. Over the next few days the body got weak. the brain couldn't think properly...the heart started beating ir-regular....the legs got weak....the liver couldn't function properly...the vision started getting blurry....and as every organ was affected by it, they all came together and decided that the @sshole should run the organization of the body.

Moral of the story? You tell me....cause whether it's a job, the body, or anything else...you will always find that it's some @sshole making all the decisions and without it nothing can function right.

MetaSaience, here is a true story that happened just today - that might give you an idea on how I feel about your post:well, it popped into my head while reading your post ;)

I was taking a break at the office - paging though the newspaper when one of our managers sat next to me.. Nice enough guy - great people manager - I liked talking to him. I pointed at a pic in the newspaper of the wall "Israel" had built around "Palestine" - I made a light hearted comment about how things have gotten out of hand and turned the page.. to see a huge double photospread of Zimbabwean refugees demanding help from South Africa. This man says to me: "we should build a wall around Zimbabwe" I returned t the Israeli pic and asked "like this?" He responded - "yeah - turn Zimbabwe into an attraction park - but as for the Jews - World war II ended 3 years too soon."

To say I was utterly speechless would be an understatment. but, at that exact moment I knew I didnt like this man - but yes - we will co-exist as despite it all - we have a common goal - that is taking care of business - which we do very well when working together.

In regards to building a Superior Black Nation - they key word is Black. Not Black Arab nation, or Black Christian nation - in fact, no other additions to Black.

Isnt this how the whites have done it? fight amongst themselves, but maintaining the slavery of their common enemy?

I read somewhere on this forum (sorry, cant recal the thread) about the youth of the WS system - and that it holds nothing compared to the civilizations that ruled for thousands of years.. that WS is a "flash in the pan" so to speak.

Who is running a close second behind WS? Who is finally going to "take them down"?

I wonder if our communities would respond better if they thought about it all in terms of a actual world domination race - who will be next to rule. Sounds corny, I know.. I'm just thinking aloud.. I know my competitive spirit kicked up a notch just thinking about it.. hahaha :D

ok ok.. enough rambling.. you'll have to forgive me sometimes for not sticking to the topic, as it's all so new.. thinking so deep about these types of things.. so I have little insight and my thoughts just flit between all things related..

I do enjoy your posts.

MetaSaience said:
If all White people fell down dead on Sunday, we'd still have most of the same problems come Monday morning.

Religion have given us a DIVINE reason not to get along.

Why are you breathing my air? You don't think as I think, you don't deserve to live, look at you. Is that us? Or is that White Supremacy? The idea that being "white" (clean, pure, righteous) makes us better than others?

But we don't have to like one another to get our collective needs met do we? I know many of us have people on the job that we can't stand. What do you do? You smile when you see them, and you roll your eyes when they leave. "I can't stand that-- Oh how you doingggggg- Good Morning!" But the job duties still get carried out. Business as usual.

Maybe that’s the key. Maybe we've been trying too hard to "like each other."

As long as we can respect boundaries, and respect the job duties of one another- maybe we'll be fine? I know. It does sound like a pie in the sky dream. Or is it?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back