Black Entertainment : A TEAR FOR M.J.

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by oldiesman, Jul 7, 2009.

1. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    bear with me for a minute if you will my people,you know as i sat with my daughter watching the memorial service for michael jackson something inside me feels sad for this departed brother,yes he was our brother i know that we all at one time or another[myself included]have ridiculed his lifestyle[skin bleaching-nosejobs-white wives-ect.]but under all of that drama the sad thing is that he was a blackman with world of talent and a tomented soul,and i'd like to believe that inspite of his outward appearance mj never forgot his real roots as strange as that may sound,so i will mourn for the loss of a very talented blackman and our brother,YES OUR BROTHER-R.I.P.

2. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Great job oldiesman...

Well I guess it's time for me also to say a final farewell to a very talented and world class brother and I do mean class because I have to admit it this brother had class.

R.I.P Mike

Lilpea :1on1:

3. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    R.I.P. to the King of Pop and the biggest entertainment icon of all time....there will never be another like him. Condolences to his close family and friends as well........Mike never did forget his roots though. That brother was never afraid to voice his opinion and he broke many color barriers for us in the world of entertainment. Michael Eric Dyson even made the point that as his skin became much lighter, his music became "blacker."

R.I.P. Mike

4. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh-7MLJUA-I

^^^was originally suppose to be on the "Get On The Bus" soundtrack, but it couldn't get cleared. Just more proof that Mike was always down for the cause......

EDIT

written by my boy Babyface

5. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Brother Brother Brother.....

All I can say is thank you, thank you,Thank you.. been looking for this a long time. now we have it. again ...

thank you..
    Lilpea :1on1:

6. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Thanks Oldies for allowing US to share this moment of love for "Michael Jackson" ...As the world turns, ...Michael will ...still "Be There"! :bowdown:

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

"A" tear?
    ! I've cried more than a few!

And I think some of our tears have been for ourselves as much as for Michael. Music truly is a universal healer. And when we look/think back on our own lives and what we were going thru at different times, happy and sad memories, and how his music was there also, well.....it's an emotional reflection.

Or maybe it's just me. Oh, well, no matter what else is said about him, he's at peace now.

8. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Actually this song is in the movie "Get On The Bus". It is played during the intro.

I think the last couple of weeks should remove all doubt from anyone's mind ,who was the best entertainer of all-time. Who else could have inspired so many people across the whole world.

9. snugli360

snugli360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    SNUGLI360

WOW! IT IS TRULY STILL SHOCKING TO HAVE TO EMBRACE THE IDEA THAT HE IS NO LONGER WITH US IN THE PHYSICAL,I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH WHAT HE MEAN'T TO ME AS A CHILD GROWING UP OFF HIS MUSIC. A TRULY UNIQUE GIFTED MAN FLAWS AND ALL. I WILL ALWAYS GET MY BOOGIE ON CAUSE HE SHOWED ME HOW TO BEAT IT AND BE BAD ALL AT THE SAME TIME MY HEART ACHES FOR THE MEMEORIES HE GAVE ME HE:bye: WILL TRULY BE MISSED PEACE!

10. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523

yeah it's in the intro, but not on the soundtrack...sorry for not clarifying myself.