Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : A story to share...

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by Zulile, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    My daughter (16) has recently moved back to South Africa to attend a prestigious all girls high school - and loving it - but for one thing... the dress code. Uniforms, no jewlery or makeup of any kind, no perms/treatments highlights - any hair that touches the collar needs to be tied back and away from the face etc..

now, most African youth keep their natural hair trimmed short - but not my girl. After living in the EU for 5 years she sports an afro that rivals that of Destee's image :D - never was an issue to keep it braided etc when living with mom - but now... she got tired of tying it up everyday for school - so she simply stopped - to the utter horror of the faculty.

despite the threats (veiled and unveiled) she claimed that until they go to the National School Board and adjust the regulations to include "hair height" restrictions - she's keeping it free.

it's a first - and that old regime admin didnt know what hit them :D - and i'm totally loving the school photo's..

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hello Sister Zulile ... what an endearing and courageous story! Thanks for sharing it!

It does my heart good, to see our youth fighting to be themselves! Such a Blessing! I know you're proud! :blush:

It's pretty much par for the course though, us having to fight for what seems to be God-given rights.

I hope they let her have her way, and there is no negative consequence for her doing what she's doing.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Nice story, thanks for sharing.