Black Relationships : A sisah would like to know....

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Wisdom7, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    How does a man know when he is in love?
    Do you go for it or fight it?
    If you fight it then how and why?
    Is this a line if a man says it's something about you that scares him and he feels like he might get too deep?
    What does it mean if a brother keeps taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back continuosly?

Just confused, any little bit helps :help:

2. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    When he makes unconditional sacrifices for his woman. When he puts her needs over his own.

3. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks Mad Skillz. I guess thats it in a nutshell. I hate to sound complicated, but what if he's doing all these wonderful things and making sacrifices, introduces you to his family, talks about a future with you then he backs off then moves forward and he keeps doing it,then it starts to get confusing. What does that mean? I promise thats the last on this subject

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    it means that men are human.
    welcome to the site.

5. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    Okay, I guess that's good enough. Thanks James. I almost got a little scared when I saw you replied cuz you know you be cuttin up! (Smile) :dance1: Your posts keep me laughin!

6. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I agree with Mad Skillz--when a man does his best to satisfy you and makes it a priority to make you happy in all the ways he can, without expecting you to respond on a *** for tat basis, that's a sign that he loves you.

7. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, now that I think about it, I guess it was ***for tat. He just had me confused!!! Thanks, it really helps when someone can just look from the outside.

8. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Hi sista Wisdom...

I love your screen name. Wisdom is one the images of God bestowed upon women as an attribute of her divine femininity.

A man loves a woman when he says he loves her. However it doesn't count before, during or after sex, on his birthday or after he received that gift he's been wanting unless the man and woman are married. I say this because anyone can tell someone "I love you" during good times. Man often hold back because when a man truly professes his love for his woman it means the relationship has just went to another level. Often men may not be ready to handle the responsibilities and pressures of that next level. When a man professes his love he is forced to evaluate himself and his situation. He asks "what can I bring to this relationship?". A man must also contemplate the future with his woman as well. One of man's greatest fears is to be seen as inadequate. This is especially true when it comes to women. Being seen as unworthy by the woman he has given his heart to is a devastating blow to his ego and his masculinity. Men would rather not take the chance of being crushed. This is why sometime men will bask in the bliss of a present day situation and will be unwilling to progress to the next level. Another reason why a man does say he loves his woman is he may have other women on the side and he doesn't want to be in an exclusive relationship yet. In other words he may love time he spend with a particulate woman but he loves his freedom more.

Peace sista.............

9. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    When a man is IN LOVE with you,...

1. he won't have women on the side
    2. he'll think of you when making decisions...making sure he gets his time with you
    3. he won't hurt you intentionally
    4. he'll treat you special and not play head games with you.
    5. And, if he's a real man, he'll say it and mean it.

10. Wisdom7

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for your response. He didn't tell me he loved me, but he kept saying "You know, I could really do this" I was confused because every time I saw him out, he would stare at me all the time and I kept wondering did he know me or something. Then we finally talked, started dating and then he started backing off. Of course, I was mad and asked what was up and he told me that he had to be honest and that he was afraid that he was going to get caught up in me and it scared him. Then he said he's decided he's not going to be afraid and he's going to just go with it. We did a lot together at first, he intoduced me to family, said he never met a girl on the same mentals as him, then all of a sudden he starts talking about moving to fast, and I wasn't even doing or saying anything, then starts trippin on me, so I backed off. Since I backed off, he got mad at me and said I was phony! Huh???????? Now when I see him out, he makes a point to keep walking by me and speaking (50 million times), so I decided to try to talk to him, and he tells me all these things he liked about me, then he starts tripping on me again. I don't know Radical, I'm just confused if he's a straight up a--- or is he afraid. I just left the situation alone, but at times I really miss him. Thanks for your response!