Black People : A Shout Out To The Black Disapora!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Jul 23, 2009.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Good morning, posters...

And, I would like to hear back from other posters, as in--those of you who came from there to here, i. e., -who were born and grew up in other nations-- including the nations on the African continent...

There are any number of articles and interviews which would lead us to feel and think they truly represent the rest of you and your peoples:

Instead do take this opportunity to write and speak for yourselves!

So what do those on the African continent truly feel and think about Obama's proposed policies and practices as regards the present general plight of Africa's people in general and the continuing plight of Africans in the Sudan as well as North Africa?

Please let me and us know that as well...

Thanks in advance!

Peace....

:SuN020:

2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peac fam.

I think it needs to be said that sheep are sheep, in Afrika as well as anywhere else on the globe. Widespread ignorance about africom is a fact, seeing Obama as a saviour is a fact, praying to foreign gods (white) is a fact and straightening/bleaching/cooning also happens - though in some places on a much smaller scale.

Global issues are concerns for those who have the time and wealth to take their eyes of their own situation, not for the common man or woman with mouths to feed and school fees to hustle for.

And as far as Sudan goes, most don't bother to know much or have hard much about it - and if they did it would be a question of religion and not self-hate. Then again, what do I know.

Let me not say anything more, as I don't live on the continent - just my experiences.

One.

- Ikoro

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    This is an awesome question!

When I think about President Obama and America's dealings with Africa today, I think that 'things' are changing really fast! I do not have a good feeling about it though. I think Africa is once again being exploited.

My mind goes back to Rwanda and Somalia and issues that rose to the top just a couple of years ago and I believed that it was a forewarning of things that are happening now with regards to 'Africom'.

I have a lot to say about this issue but, right now, I'm trying to consider the difference in my opinions based upon what I think are actual facts. New leaders have been placed into positions since the Rwanda and Somali crises and the western powers are aggressively behind these changes in both leaders and government. As a descendant from Africa, I don't like what is going on at all.